4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Best insurance method on a max !

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009 | 07:12 PM
Banned

Best insurance method on a max !

Hi, I just turned 17 and am getting a maxima 98 GLE/SE this month...
I want to know whats the cheapest way to get insurance for me in this case because my parents wont add me to their insurance , and if i get one for myself it would cost A LOT! i live in NYC and want to get liability only if that helps and have good grades. What do u think i should do to get the insurance for the price that experienced drivers get, or someone please tell me an estimate for the insurance cost. I love maximas and really wont to get this to work! Please dont flame as i am still learning and thanks for your time
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:15 PM
No more Maximas...

First, what happened to this promise?

Originally Posted by queenz718
I wont post any thread again if someone helps me please
You were helped, so...

You're asking about a regional product, you should ask in your regional section.

Have you even called up insurance companies and gotten quotes yet? Seriously, you need to do some of your own legwork. That's the first thing you should've done...

Old 07-06-2009 | 07:35 PM
Banned

well ok thats the thing. i called 4 insurance agencies they said that i need to pay an estimate of 5400$ and progressive gave me an esimate of about 6800$ for liability!

if you dont want to help me then please tell me where is that regional section and man comeon i didnt post for like 2 month and now that i have a serious question you tell me this?

you really dont know how much i searched man but w.e, just please someone give me the link to that section
thanks
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:40 PM
No more Maximas...

well ok thats the thing. i called 4 insurance agencies they said that i need to pay an estimate of 5400$ and progressive gave me an esimate of about 6800$ for liability!

if you dont want to help me then please tell me where is that regional section and man comeon i didnt post for like 2 month and now that i have a serious question you tell me this?

you really dont know how much i searched man but w.e, just please someone give me the link to that section
thanks
There's a big section called 'Regional Maxima Groups' on the index page. Look through there, it's not that hard to spot which one you should ask in.

If you don't mention that you've called insurance companies, how are we to assume that you already have?

You're 17 and getting insurance for a car, that's just how it is. Look in the yellow pages, call up every single insurance company you can find that serves either your area or nationally (local places tend to be cheaper), get quotes from all of them. That's pretty much all you can do.
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:40 PM
Banned

uhum ok that helps a lot , i didnt call the local ones, but what about getting insurance on someone elses name and paying that person and driving the car?
is there anything wrong that could happen if god forbid i get in an accident or something?
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:41 PM
No more Maximas...

ok now i found the regional area, but it has 0 viewers so it will take a long time to get one answer. why dont you want to help man, i dont see any previous posts about this question?!
Because insurance quotes are SPECIFIC to you, your vehicle, your location, and other personal details.

We can't possibly tell you exactly what you should be paying. That's pretty much common sense.
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:51 PM

like he said theres no way we will know what you would be paying. now i dont know how rates are up there in NY, but i can tell you that at your age i was paying over 250 a month (liability) on my 96 in Florida, possibly more but i dont really know if my mom was helping on the down low and i was probably even on her insurance. I wouldnt be surprised if rates were higher in NY. Now, at age 23, here in NC, i pay that every six months. so obviously it will vary by location. Go on progressive.com and see what you can find.
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:52 PM

I want to know whats the cheapest way to get insurance

Legally????

Old 07-06-2009 | 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr
First, what happened to this promise?

You were helped, so...

You're asking about a regional product, you should ask in your regional section.

Have you even called up insurance companies and gotten quotes yet? Seriously, you need to do some of your own legwork. That's the first thing you should've done...

isnt this the guy you went off on. He shoud of been perma baned.........................................

I still get a chuckle out of that thread
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:57 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by Product_Of_Korea
lol isnt this the guy you went off on lmao. He shoud of been perma baned.........................................
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:00 PM
Banned

why u guys so mean?
i want a question that i really need and u all wanna ban me?

and yea what would happen if i use someone elses insurance on the car?
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:02 PM
No more Maximas...

why u guys so mean?
i want a question that i really need and u all wanna ban me?

and yea what would happen if i use someone elses insurance on the car?
Then that would probably constitute insurance fraud. Which is illegal. Acts of which aren't to be talked about on this forum.
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:08 PM
Banned

how is this insurance fraud....................
if someone puts insurance on the car like its his car so in other words. the car is his, and i drive his car....
i dont think that driving a friends car is illegal isnt it -_-
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:09 PM
No more Maximas...

how is this insurance fraud....................
if someone puts insurance on the car like its his car so in other words. the car is his, and i drive his car....
i dont think that driving a friends car is illegal isnt it -_-
Okay, go ahead and do that. Just note that he car will have to be in 'his' name, so I wouldn't **** 'him' off.

There you go, you've figured out the answer to your problem.

/thread
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:13 PM

Honestly,

this has nothing to do with a fourth gen. You can find all this stuff with your own reasearch. You dont need the .org to tell you what the best insurance is. Thats what they have agents for not a MAXIMA WEBSITE.

YOUR YOUNG. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE HIGH RATES ITS JUST A GIVEN.

OT:

The reason why i thought you should of got perma banned is cause you ask and post the same questions over and over again and what do you know they all get locked up. Mostly because all the topics you have posted are either not related to a 4th gen maxima or have been covered before IE VQ35 swap.

But i guess the mods feel that everyone should get a second chance. Which i belive is a good thing. So after this thread gets locked i wouldnt be suprised if they do throw the keys at you.

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 07-06-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:20 PM
Banned

so i get a permanent ban for asking a question about how to get insurance cause im too young to know how it works..
thanks for your help people
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:20 PM
And... I'm out

Do you watch TV?

http://www.esurance.com/ - Cartoon chick always doing top secret missions

http://www.geico.com/ - Cavemen / Gecko doing stupid things

http://www.allstate.com/ - "You're in good hands with allstate"

http://www.progressive.com/ - Some ditsy girl in some fake retail chain

http://www.statefarm.com/ - "Like a good neighbor state farm is there"

And I can't imagine why your parents wouldn't add you to their insurance... *sarcasm*...

dude, do some research... you can't just copy off your buddies test next to you in class... you have to actually learn things on your own and do your own research.

And don't say you "searched" because I googled "best car insurance", "cheapest car insurance", "car insurance" and got a **** ton of results..
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:24 PM

lol @ Korea. I want a bullhorn so badly but the wife won't let me get one. I also want to do the triple horn mod for the same reasons but I bet she puts the kibosh on that too.

I paid 280$ a month for state minimum liability in Texas at 18. I can't imagine what it's like in much more expensive NY.

Like so many have said, get used to it, or befriend an insurance agent to get you the best deal.

By the way, liability insurance isn't going to cover you if you wreck that car and it is in someone elses name. IIRC liability covers you, not the car, where full coverage covers the car, not you. I could be wrong but that is what quite a few people in Texas repeat to their neighbors and friends.

It would be insurance fraud if the insurance/DA/cops found out what your real motives were for getting insurance on that car through someone else. It also would be real easy for them to claim the car stolen - that would be hilarious in fact if you pissed them off enough.
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:24 PM

so i get a permanent ban for asking a question about how to get insurance cause im too young to know how it works..
thanks for your help people

Just ask yourself this

How many threads have you posted

How many of them have been locked. After this one if my minnesota math does me correct that would be 100%

That has to be some kind of record on the .org
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:32 PM
Banned

yea.
im really sorry for asking a question about getting the car insured for something i can afford. This is something i should be jailed for. =[
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Merlyn
Cartoon chick always doing top secret missions
That chic is hot
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:52 PM

i payed $66 when i was 17 on my 95.
Old 07-06-2009 | 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whiteSE
i payed $66 when i was 17 on my 95.

woooo how did u do that?
Old 07-06-2009 | 09:01 PM

yea.
im really sorry for asking a question about getting the car insured for something i can afford. This is something i should be jailed for. =[
as pmohr would say: SEARCH YOU IDIOT!!!! google insurance in your area, fill out form, go broke until your 25 like the rest of us older heads did. sheesh....
Old 07-06-2009 | 09:03 PM
Kevlo for President

Ummmm really? Google > org in this case.