4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ok.. You guys remember when i asked which color i should do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM

IMO, you should put a few hundred pounds of cinderblocks (or fat chicks) in the car, take some pictures just to get every "GET A DROP!!!!" person off of your back, then take them out.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by nalc
You've come a long way. Still don't understand why you blocked out the high beams on the R34s, though.

Please tell me that you thought about headlight removal and adjustment before fiberglassing the grille in. You do realize that the grille has to come out for the headlights to be removed. Hopefully, you cut off the headlight tabs and mounted the grille right to the car. If not, then I hope you don't get any condensation or other issues with them.
If you aim them correctly the first time, there's no need to remove the headlight
Old 07-30-2009, 06:04 PM

If you want to make them look clean so that you can't see any brackets or screws, sometimes it takes more than one try.

Or if you got tricked into putting terrible shrouds on that ended up falling off a week later and rattling around the headlights, then you might have to take them off too.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 PM

If you want to make them look clean so that you can't see any brackets or screws, sometimes it takes more than one try.

Or if you got tricked into putting terrible shrouds on that ended up falling off a week later and rattling around the headlights, then you might have to take them off too.

"Coolsaber57 Shrouds" I believe is the technical name for them.

And I didn't suggest tape. SOMEONE didn't think that one through.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:33 PM

You've come a long way. Still don't understand why you blocked out the high beams on the R34s, though.

Please tell me that you thought about headlight removal and adjustment before fiberglassing the grille in. You do realize that the grille has to come out for the headlights to be removed. Hopefully, you cut off the headlight tabs and mounted the grille right to the car. If not, then I hope you don't get any condensation or other issues with them.

yes, i did cut the tabs. Did that the day the lights came in. and no i don't get water in them. I finally fixed the Projectors. now they are aimed right. and they look great.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:39 PM

I didn't block em.... the R34 housing itself is completely gutted...... Those infinity G35 projectors are freaking HUGE man......... I couldn't put the reflector back in even if i tried..... i mean i can, but there is nothing to hold onto it.. In order for me to have put the projector in the actual housing. The whole reflector assembly had to be removed. and yes thats how big the projector was. I wish i had the money to get some shrouds in. but i do not think any type of shroud would fit because of the size of the projectos anyhow..... but anyways. ima take a close up picture of the projectors and the way they are sitting.