4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ebay maf's any good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 AM

I have a new ebay maf. 80 bucks and its yours. If you want, i'll put it in my car again to make sure it works. Only reason its not permantently in there is that I bought 2 on accident and I my car doesnt need to mafs to work.

I had the same type-ish of problems. New maf fixed it, even maf cleaner didnt
Old 03-04-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by randy021186
FYI BEFORE CHANGING THE MAF

ok for about 2 years my max would die (shut off when coming to a complete stop) about ONCE every 2 months, then it started happening more than once a day for the past 2 months...

so after being lazy and not wanting to change it, i bought the MAF CLEANER

THE SH*T WORKED AND ONLY COST 6 BUCKS!!!!

so invest in the 6 bucks before buying a new maf....

My car hasn't shut off in 3 weeks, and the rough idle start and noise in the morning was gone!
Goodluck
Yeah, I bought MAF cleaner when I through a P100 code, and I was getting an occasional engine-jolt or hesitation when driving each day.

Sprayed the heck at every angle on the probes/hot plates dried the MAF re-installed, and had no engine jolting for 2 days, then it came back........Ughh!
Went on Ebay and bought a shipping-free MAF from Ufixitauto for $84.99. Installed it and no engine jolting...........BUT........after a couple days, I now am experiencing rough start-up idle when the engine is cold, and sometimes the engine even dies on that first rough idle start. Then after a minute of idle it smooths out,...................BUT this inexpensive EBAY MAF now causes my nice smooth Maxima engine to do little minute hesitations, and not so smooth accelleration from a stop......It's rather jerky........Also I notice some minor hesitation or engine surge when cruising around 60 mph in Cruise control.

I've started a thread elsewhere on the forum asking about some remanufactured MAFs that are made by A-1 Cardone, Fuel Injection Corporation, and Standard Auto parts.. These MAFs have 1 year and up to 18k miles warranties and require cores........I will gladly give up my Ebay MAF for one of these. Also A-1 Cardone seems to have a good reputation and very few returns on it's remanu'd parts. The Cardone site mentiones that they do extensive volt meter testing on their remanu's MAF's. I noticed that the Cardone one that was at my local Kragen's/O'Reilly's has the Nissan log on the plastic MAF case, and also had the same type/design of sensor wire and hot plate. Looks like Cardone uses the originan Nissan MAFs for rebuilding.

Also noticed that my cheapy Ebay one had a different design to the senor wire and hot plate. It was a little wire sticking out with a bulb or bead on the end and now fine little coiled wire like the Nissan OEM ones.

Bet is a cheap old Chinese one........

Last edited by eightball; 03-04-2010 at 07:02 PM.