4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Demodding the max.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:35 PM

Demodding the max.

not much of a thread, just a few questions, mostly about my 01vi.
demodding
1st, if you clutter up this thread with How much???? im just going to ignore it. SEND ALL REQUEST VIA PM and if you ask what an 00vi is...i might kill you.

alright, when i did my swap, i did some rather irreversible damage to my EGR tube via vice grips. (clean cutoff though) is there any way i can close off my egr port on my UDSM without a block off plate? keeping in mind that this has to work for a long time.

also, my spark plug tube gaskets were leaking like a mother when i put my 00vi on. is there a way to repair these gaskets or should i get new ones?

good thing i saved every bolt and support after i did my swap.
ill prob delete this thread after my questions are answered
hopefully this wont end up like g4nismo's demodding process.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Got Retrofit?

PM sent.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by HandsonMaxima.
not much of a thread, just a few questions, mostly about my 01vi.
demodding
1st, if you clutter up this thread with How much???? im just going to ignore it. SEND ALL REQUEST VIA PM and if you ask what an 00vi is...i might kill you.

alright, when i did my swap, i did some rather irreversible damage to my EGR tube via vice grips. (clean cutoff though) is there any way i can close off my egr port on my UDSM without a block off plate? keeping in mind that this has to work for a long time.

also, my spark plug tube gaskets were leaking like a mother when i put my 00vi on. is there a way to repair these gaskets or should i get new ones?

good thing i saved every bolt and support after i did my swap.
ill prob delete this thread after my questions are answered
hopefully this wont end up like g4nismo's demodding process.

So how much do you want the 00VI for??????

When your saying the spark plug gaskets im assuming you mean the ones that are in the VC?? And leaking oil into your plug tube. You can get those gaskets pretty cheap.

As for the EGR i used something not pratical but it worked. Think of red and doing it 3-4 times and using the whole tube.

Or if anything im sure you could find a tube for cheap

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 10-25-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Product_Of_Korea
So how much do you want the 00VI for??????
When your saying the spark plug gaskets im assuming you mean the ones that are in the VC?? And leaking oil into your plug tube. You can get those gaskets pretty cheap.

As for the EGR i used something not pratical but it worked. Think of red and doing it 3-4 times and using the whole tube.

Or if anything im sure you could find a tube for cheap
for you! i offer -40$ discount if you can find a way to port match it to your 4cyl sentra
or -100$ off if you promise to use it on your new 3.5 because were all waiting for somebody to do it!

hmm, red, kinda like the stuff plugging up all the extra holes in my UIM??

and screw egr replacement, the only reason i ghettofabbed it up with the guide tube is because i couldnt get it off

funny, i just found my EGR guide tubes head. so now i can block it off just like the bottom! hah.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:21 AM

wtf? Didn't you just mod the max? That was fast.

Another one bites the dust I suppose.

Anyway, I didn't think there were separate "spark plug gaskets" only the valve cover gaskets, which are all one piece (well I guess 2 since there are 2 banks).
Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Coolsaber57
wtf? Didn't you just mod the max? That was fast.

Another one bites the dust I suppose.
yeah thats what i thought. wtf
Old 10-26-2009, 08:58 AM

yep there are 4 gaskets per VC, one for each cyl and one main gasket.
dont get me wrong. there are no better cars than a maxima IMO right now, someday i might get back into modding after school is over, 3.5 swaps, turbos, the fun stuff!

im still going to be modding the max fresh paint, rims, the retrofit are still in the works. but preformance is a done game.
i looked at my recipts the other day when i reached 200k, in 10k miles ive spent almost 4k on preformance, looks, and sound. its not good for a college student to spend that kind of money. i started a new job a month ago, my paycheck i just got says ive earned 1.4k. i have 425 dollars in my bank and 10 in my wallet almost 800 has gone to the max, IN ONE MONTH! i have responsibilty, it sucks lol. i still owe 800 on my car loan. i have to get mature about my spending. the max may last another 100k or it could last 10k. i dont know, after 200k, the engine investment is over. some may disagree, but its my choice due to the economy and my current circumstances. next year, my grants come in. we will see what goes on.

right now im just shopping around for a new car to drive when im feeling frisky, looking at 200zx 240's, 3000gt's, i glanced at a minicooper, 119 HP but they look slick!

Last edited by HandsonMaxima.; 10-26-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:52 PM

I know how it is man i had to sell the EU

Well at least you enjoyed it while it lasts. To bad you didnt get to feel the upper part of that band man.

so is the 3000gt n\a??
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 AM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by HandsonMaxima.
yep there are 4 gaskets per VC, one for each cyl and one main gasket.
dont get me wrong. there are no better cars than a maxima IMO right now, someday i might get back into modding after school is over, 3.5 swaps, turbos, the fun stuff!

im still going to be modding the max fresh paint, rims, the retrofit are still in the works. but preformance is a done game.
i looked at my recipts the other day when i reached 200k, in 10k miles ive spent almost 4k on preformance, looks, and sound. its not good for a college student to spend that kind of money. i started a new job a month ago, my paycheck i just got says ive earned 1.4k. i have 425 dollars in my bank and 10 in my wallet almost 800 has gone to the max, IN ONE MONTH! i have responsibilty, it sucks lol. i still owe 800 on my car loan. i have to get mature about my spending. the max may last another 100k or it could last 10k. i dont know, after 200k, the engine investment is over. some may disagree, but its my choice due to the economy and my current circumstances. next year, my grants come in. we will see what goes on.

right now im just shopping around for a new car to drive when im feeling frisky, looking at 200zx 240's, 3000gt's, i glanced at a minicooper, 119 HP but they look slick!
Pretty much why I'm done modding and am currently demodding (only LED speedometer and LED switches/dimmer left!). I'm keeping my projectors (once you install your retrofit you will never want another car without projectors) and my audio, but everything else is going bye bye to other members. Time to grow up, settle down, and starting saving for the future instead of constantly spending money on toys for this car.

For the gaskets, just get em all from Nissan. They are all relatively cheap.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Product_Of_Korea
I know how it is man i had to sell the EU

Well at least you enjoyed it while it lasts. To bad you didnt get to feel the upper part of that band man.

so is the 3000gt n\a??
yeah, but for a DD racer, blew most cars away even though ive only redlined twice in a race.

VR-4
Im sorry to say, but i might rice it a tich, i mean it has the letter GT in it. i gotta put a GT wing on. and a cowl, because i dont car what anybody says, if your driving a v6 mustang or a GT without a cowl... doesn't look right.
but leather interior, 70k miles, 1998 turbo'ed 300ish horses!

got a steal for it! only reason im buying it.
Pretty much why I'm done modding and am currently demodding (only LED speedometer and LED switches/dimmer left!). I'm keeping my projectors (once you install your retrofit you will never want another car without projectors) and my audio, but everything else is going bye bye to other members. Time to grow up, settle down, and starting saving for the future instead of constantly spending money on toys for this car.
our cars are just money pits,but they are fun as hell! they just cost a bit more than a honduh but also drive much better. i dont know what happend, i was just like, wow, i have more important things.

audio is going to, at least the subs, i have 1.2k sitting in my trunk gonna sell that and get a 5chan amp and a 8in sub or a bazooka.

BTW, KICKER 6.5s, i will NEVER purchase these again, they flap in high bass, they are already crackling after 3 months, my 50$ pansonics 3ways sound better than those 200$ ****s.

LED speedometer is soo cool though, definably a keeper. i might crack mine open sometime and try to do a quality job like MOH.