4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Automatic Climate Control Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Automatic Climate Control Lights

I'm getting to all of the little nitpicky things that bother me about my car recently (like taking most of the front clip off so I could repaint the subframe that you can see through the bottom of the front bumper).

Anyway, on my climate control - the Auto/Econ/Off lights do not light up at night. They haven't worked since I've had this car - and I did have to replace one of the bulbs in my 98 that had manual climate control.

However, as I'm looking at the exploded view of the auto climate control - it only shows one bulb. As the rest of the buttons light up fine, I can only assume that that bulb is fine.

Basically, my question is: WTF?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 AM

I'm confused are you asking if theres only one bulb? There are four bulbs in the auto climate control units.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Entropy
I'm getting to all of the little nitpicky things that bother me about my car recently (like taking most of the front clip off so I could repaint the subframe that you can see through the bottom of the front bumper).

Anyway, on my climate control - the Auto/Econ/Off lights do not light up at night. They haven't worked since I've had this car - and I did have to replace one of the bulbs in my 98 that had manual climate control.

However, as I'm looking at the exploded view of the auto climate control - it only shows one bulb. As the rest of the buttons light up fine, I can only assume that that bulb is fine.

Basically, my question is: WTF?
Yes I do believe its one bulb that lights up the Auto/Econ/Off lights. Here's link about doing a LED conversion on that http://www.vqpower.com/v2/articles.php?article_id=123. But you can buy a bulb at radio shack and switch it out which is like $2.00 if I remember correctly. It'll require you to reuse the base that the bulb screws into the Climate control. It's pretty simple.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by gto400no1
I'm confused are you asking if theres only one bulb? There are four bulbs in the auto climate control units.
Basically, yes...

I'm looking at this:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...1822_1841.html

It shows three for the Manual Climate Control - but one "Bulb Assy" with the same exact Bulb scribble on the diagram as the other ones for the Automatic at the bottom.

That is where I was like "WTF?" cause I obviously have at least one light out - but that diagram doesn't tell me sh... anything.

Last edited by Entropy; 05-13-2010 at 01:44 PM.