4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hate the new maxima styling

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by chrome91
this. IMO Hyundai made crap until a couple of years ago and now theyre just trying to change their image with the Genesis. and ive known people that had Kia and Hyundai

funny thing is the junkyard here is full of Toyotas/Nissans/Mazda from 1960-1999 with high mileage, but theres lots of Hyundai and Kia that were not in a wreck and low mileage that are 2002+ models.

+1

The Genesis is a good lookin car and its very cost effective. But its STILL a hyundai. Not sure i can trust their engineering/refinements/quality over the nissan
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by cashoit
+1

The Genesis is a good lookin car and its very cost effective. But its STILL a hyundai. Not sure i can trust their engineering/refinements/quality over the nissan
I heard someone said just about the same thing about Honda and Toyota.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by theWalkinator
yea but toyota and honda didnt copy other cars as far as i know. let see... xg 300 is a wanna be i30 front end and somewhat caddy deville ish tails without the leds. new sonata is wanna be accord with a few tweaks. santa fe or veracruz has highlander tails. amanti is a bootleg benz and jaguar. then theres that othwr kia that looks.like the new civic.... at least toyota and honda didnt go copying ford and chevy.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
yea but toyota and honda didnt copy other cars as far as i know. let see... xg 300 is a wanna be i30 front end and somewhat caddy deville ish tails without the leds. new sonata is wanna be accord with a few tweaks. santa fe or veracruz has highlander tails. amanti is a bootleg benz and jaguar. then theres that othwr kia that looks.like the new civic.... at least toyota and honda didnt go copying ford and chevy.
tell hyundai/kia to go back to their own drawing board not steal everyone elses, they became popular after stealing designs from all other vehicles one of their cars looks exactly like the jaguar s-type, so exact that I myself who is interested in vehicles and know my cars have confused them for the jag
Old 07-26-2010, 02:09 PM

OMG Nissan's are ugly
Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Me too

I am leaning towards the maxima 2010 too. Seems that it is a good time to buy one now. A friend of mine just bought one from Nissan of Chantilly from a guy call Raj and liked the way he was treated. The price was good too and the service was fast with no bull****.

What do you guys suggest? I would love to hear your experiences with other dealers and maybe I will get one for as low as possible.

Originally Posted by MizzMaxine
the 5th gen holds up the Max too but right now im leaning towards the 2010 M45
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
yamanti is a bootleg benz and jaguar.
there are SO many drug dealers here driving Armanti thinking theyre the gangsta chit, i feel bad for them

Kia and Hyundai used to make smaller individualistic cars, but as mentioned now theyre making ripoffs. just like the ripoff Ipods on Ebay, people are going to realize to just go for the good thing first.

im surprised nobody has said "BUT OMG HYUNDAIS WARRANTIES>ALL!!11!!11" yet. that point fails, i dont want to have to take a car in for warranty work once a week, and once the warranty period is over have a POS

in high school a guys dad would buy Hyundai or Kia, pound the pi55 out of it for a few weeks, and once it died just buy a new one and start allover again. THAT is win
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 PM

This is very true. I remember back in the mid 80s when everyone laughed at the Japanese automakers.

Hyundai is really stepping up their game these days. I would most certainly buy the Genesis (3.8) over the new Max (4th gen is the best looking ).
Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM

the Genesis' front end looks like a praying mantis ready to puke
Old 07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This thread sucks.

...and Maximas are ugly.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM

any thread with a chance to rip on Hyundai and Kia fail is a good thread
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91
any thread with a chance to rip on Hyundai and Kia fail is a good thread
Yeah, lets rip on Hyundai and Kia.

Last edited by neocry; 07-26-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:46 PM

Now days, all car look like each other in certain degree. To me, a car should be instantly recognizable no matter what generation it is, and think BMW does this the best, you can pick out a BMW immediately no matter what model and what year.

Among Asian car makers, Toyota style is too commonplace, Lexus has some good looking cars, Honda just keeps changing the style every generation and is getting odd looking lately, I don't know how to make out the new Acura style, front grill looks just like a big smiling mouth. I like later 80s Prelude and 91-95 Lengend. I owned a 90 Mazda 626 and I love the car and their Miata is loved by many. Hyundai, believe it or not, are designed by Italians, and Nissan, well, you guess, by Americans.

German cars, on the other hand, are getting better and better, BMW are among the best looking German cars followed by Audi and Mercedes.

American cars, well, it is hit and miss, I like pre 95 Ford Taurus, Ford F150 and Lincoln Navigator always look good.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:26 PM

Wow, I never thought this threat would stir the pot so much and it was not my intention to trash other gens. I just thought, since our cars are old, but we still keep them, add mods, etc, so there must be something that we really like about this car to make us keep holding on them. To me, the styling, the size, the power and performance of this car are perfectly balanced, it is a very good family sedan, very reliable yet fast and sporty, it always sets our cars apart from Camry and Accord. From 5th gen up, I see those good characters of the car becoming less and less distinctive and though the car is gaining more power every year, the performance is not getting a lot of boost. The car become heavier, turning radius become larger. Nissan brought up Altima line to match Camry and Accord line and market Max as sport sedan, well, the market reacted, the sales keep going south and Nissan has to offer a big incentive to get car sold, I don't see that happens to Camry or Accord. I read comparison test between 7 gen max and Pontiac G8, no surprise, G8 won. If Nissan really want to make Max the true "sport sedan", they should make it rear wheel drive, bigger rims and shinny chrome do not make it "sporty". I was at dealership the other day having my Titan serviced, I checked both 2010 max and 2010 Hyundai Genesis, the max is bigger, more luxuries and expensive, but I will buy Hyundai Genesis, it is real luxury car, has more power, rear wheel drive, good looking and out performs max for about same amount of money.
All those cars in about five years will have different problems,while the maxima will have lots less....look at statistics for Pontiac and Hynundais....plus in ten years the max will be still running strong while those cars are junk

Last edited by BronxSleeperMax187; 07-26-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 PM

I dont know about you guys but i buy a car for the Engine, not the oh so pretty exterior that can and will find itself royally screwed up with time. Max may not be pretty but she'll run longer than any KIA, Toyota, or Hyundai With less Maintenance and alot more floggings.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 PM

why would Nissan make Maximas RWD? its called the G35 and G37, RWD with AWD option. AWD option for Maximas would make sense but not RWD

and +1, i can say i have a 300zx engine. Famous Nissan engine, you think the RB series. Toyota, you think the 2JZ. Mazda, the Wankel rotary. Kia- ??? Hyundai- ???
Old 07-27-2010, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by BronxSleeperMax187
All those cars in about five years will have different problems,while the maxima will have lots less....look at statistics for Pontiac and Hynundais....plus in ten years the max will be still running strong while those cars are junk
Exactly look at the 3rd and 4th gens. They are ready to run any and everyday no matter what. They still kick but on the streets and at the tracks if done correctly. A maxima is as good as gold and personally i'm in love with the styling of it. It's better than the 6th gens and I'm glad they restyled it because I thought they were going soft.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by seaninfla
Keep your Titan. Just say no to Hyundai's. What will it be worth in 2 years?? Drive the 2010 Max, all decked out & see what you think..
I agree, when it first came out I was like "WHHOOOAAA!!! finally it's got ***** again." Then i looked and so it was only offered with the CVT and i said "d***". I'm all for the manual transmissions. For the longest time I had mixed feelings about. Then I went and test drove it with the paddle shifters and needless to say for 10 minutes I was happier than a kid in a candy store and a crackhead with all the crack in the world. I feel in love the second my foot hit the floor. I was thouroghly impressed and I still am. It's something you'd have to experience and form your own opinion. For me, it changed my mind and made me forget about the CVT, it's still a max and a blast to drive. I don't think you get that type of joy and excitement out of a Hyundai.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard

at Wiz. Funny shyt.

--

CVT is done right by 2 companies. Nissan and Audi.

Im not gonna grip on Hyundai. THey have done well to improve their images. Every car company still in existence has except jap and german companies.

PPl can say what they want, but Maxima is not in the same class as Accord and Camry. Altima is. Genesis Coupe is. 4 cyl with an v6 option.

Genesis sedan, Avalon, new Taurus, and Maxima can be compared. The new Taurus looks dope, certainly hard bodied. But i still wont trust Ford engineering over Nissan. Plus i still think the 2010 Max looks the best outta all those cars.