4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I finally posted her...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 12:28 AM

heck yeah, nice. NOW go get the one that you want!! Mod the heck out of it the way you want. Make it BETTER than that one you just sold. And enjoy the left over cash from the sale! Why cant people see that?!?
Old 09-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
what a fool, low mileage max in decent condition and you sell it.uppet: i mean, is color all that important to you??? that car looked clean and was respectible lookin. did you not read any of the responses to this thread?? good luck i guess...
Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
Should of just painted it black interior is already like black. That was a nice Max though!!
Originally Posted by alexx0108
dude just paint it black.... and get rid of the grill.... no grill is better... **** no bumper is better.
Originally Posted by 99greddymax
+1!!!!!!!! couldn't agree more...
Originally Posted by najee1062
Sad, just sad... we all wasted advising this guy. For the new owner I hope he/she appreciates that beautiful ride cause he sure didn't.

HOOKED ON PHONICS DID NOT WORK FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Let me refresh you AGAIN.

96 White Maxima = NOT WHAT I WANT...
97-99 BLACK Maxima = WHAT I WANT!!!

If you would have read above you would see that PAINTING it Black would cost about $5000.00! Instead of spending $5000 on that, I SOLD IT FOR $6,250 and bought a 1997 SE Black with Black Leather, Heated Seats, Climate Control, Bose Stereo, ABS, and it has a Driver Airbag for $2,600.00. The white one had NONE of these options and I wanted all of them, that would have cost a fortune.

I already love the 97 better AND I HAVE AN EXTRA $3,650 CASH IN MY POCKET

Old 09-14-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
heck yeah, nice. NOW go get the one that you want!! Mod the heck out of it the way you want. Make it BETTER than that one you just sold. And enjoy the left over cash from the sale! Why cant people see that?!?

THANK YOU!!!!

I will do my best not to copy your Color Scheme... I really like how those wheels look on a Black car. I am considering powder coating some newer maxima or 350z wheels RED... I have not made up my mind yet.

BTW: I bought a 97 SE Manual with all the bells and whistles for $2,600 in VERY good condition. Thanks for the support!

My NEW BABY... Mods soon to come!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:31 PM

new ride looks clean.. how many miles on her?

i take it this is what you'll be driving @ the meet?
Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM

new car looks good
Old 09-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
new ride looks clean.. how many miles on her?

i take it this is what you'll be driving @ the meet?

Thanks... Yes, this is what I will be driving to the meet. Hopefully by then I will have her dropped and have a few other mods so I can at least take some pics of this one along side of several others. I want her to be somewhat presentable. She has 180k but the previous owner took very good care of her. He bought her 10 years ago with 50k on her and had all maintenance done at the Stealership. The VLSD tranny was rebuilt less than a year ago, motor purrs like a kitten, and the Leather is in Great condition! I am VERY PLEASED with her so far. I will likely do a 3.5 conversion with the extra money, but I haven't decided yet. I will try to tear this motor up first.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:18 PM

3.5 with SC/turbo!!! dooo itt!!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by SchofieldRacing
Thanks... Yes, this is what I will be driving to the meet. Hopefully by then I will have her dropped and have a few other mods so I can at least take some pics of this one along side of several others. I want her to be somewhat presentable. She has 180k but the previous owner took very good care of her. He bought her 10 years ago with 50k on her and had all maintenance done at the Stealership. The VLSD tranny was rebuilt less than a year ago, motor purrs like a kitten, and the Leather is in Great condition! I am VERY PLEASED with her so far. I will likely do a 3.5 conversion with the extra money, but I haven't decided yet. I will try to tear this motor up first.
Nice man always loved the 97-99 SE especially black. Your 96 was cleannn man, except for that front end. When looking at maximas mileage is usually just a number especially for the MT tranny.

VLSD? If its the stock tranny I dont think it would have vlsd because it wasnt an option in the US correct me if im wrong. VLSD's came on the I30 5spd which are very rare to find.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Maximum-Maxima
Nice man always loved the 97-99 SE especially black. Your 96 was cleannn man, except for that front end. When looking at maximas mileage is usually just a number especially for the MT tranny.

VLSD? If its the stock tranny I dont think it would have vlsd because it wasnt an option in the US correct me if im wrong. VLSD's came on the I30 5spd which are very rare to find.

Hmmm??? I could be wrong, but I think the 97-99 SE came with it. If you call the parts store for transmission gaskets, they ask if has limited slip or not. I hope it has it... I can tell you when I pop the clutch, both tires spin... Unlike a GXE I used to own (it was a one tire fire)...

Can anyone verify this???
Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 PM

The heart wants what it wants!

Congrats, I also just picked up a new one, 99 Black 5MT!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:41 PM

180k vs 50k omg thanks man i needed a laugh
Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Br0nz
180k vs 50k omg thanks man i needed a laugh

Awesome Black vs Stupid White... and $3,650 in my pocket.

Trust me, I am laughing too!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:01 PM

well i was a bit harsh but its the same thing i would tell one of my boys, to each his own i guess i just can't justify it. However i also have a family now i can't afford to spend my money on just me heh
Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Br0nz
well i was a bit harsh but its the same thing i would tell one of my boys, to each his own i guess i just can't justify it. However i also have a family now i can't afford to spend my money on just me heh

My wife is already wanting to put it into savings...

We may put some into savings but a good chunk will go into this Black Beauty. And yes, that is a lot of miles, but overall I like this Black one better... I can't explain it other than I REALLY wanted a Black on Black. But if I decide to put in a 3.5 and 6 speed, the mileage really won't matter cause the car itself was well taken car of...
Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, ONCE AGAIN, YOU FOOL!!! 180,000???!!?!?1 regardless of this being what you wanted, i personally would've never sold that other car with the mileage you had on her. 3.5 swap is a pain in the ***, i know alot of op have done it, but you could've just put a turbo in the white one. hope it works out for you.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 AM

HAHAHAHAHA, ONCE AGAIN, YOU FOOL!!! 180,000???!!?!?1 regardless of this being what you wanted, i personally would've never sold that other car with the mileage you had on her. 3.5 swap is a pain in the ***, i know alot of op have done it, but you could've just put a turbo in the white one. hope it works out for you.

WOW, You are SOOOO right... I should've just put a Turbo in it, Oh wait... it would STILL be a WHITE CAR?????
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM

Well congrats on the new car, but if what u wanted was a black max, why didnt you just paint your white max black and do a 97+ conversion? Hell I have a Black max, and would've gladly traded u, and mine has less than 180k miles lol. Now u have more egr crap to deal with, and potentially more headaches to fix b/c of the mileage.

Last edited by Shift_Nismo; 09-15-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Shift_Nismo
Well congrats on the new car, but if what u wanted was a black max, why didnt you just paint your white max black and do a 97+ conversion? Hell I have a Black max, and would've gladly traded u, and mine has less than 180k miles lol. Now u have more egr crap to deal with, and potentially more headaches to fix b/c of the mileage.
now, now, he knows what he's doing....
Old 09-15-2010, 06:08 PM

well, im wondering when the mods will go ahead and lock this one up...

whats done is done!

most peoples opinion is, keep the 50k and paint it or leave it white... we all understand that.

obviously he wasnt happy with white and the mileage wasnt a concern since he wants to drive the heck out of it.

hes already got a new car. hes happy. lets lock it and leave it alone... whats done is done! someone got one heck of a deal on a 50k car! n hes got what he wanted! 97+ black on black 5spd loaded...

Old 09-15-2010, 06:21 PM

Hmmm??? I could be wrong, but I think the 97-99 SE came with it. If you call the parts store for transmission gaskets, they ask if has limited slip or not. I hope it has it... I can tell you when I pop the clutch, both tires spin... Unlike a GXE I used to own (it was a one tire fire)...

Can anyone verify this???
Well open diffs can spin both as well if you launch very hard. One sure way to tell is open your hood and look at the vin plate. Look for the transmission number. If it ends in a capital A its open diff. If it ends in a Capital V its VLSD
Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 PM

i dont get it....he can put a 3.5 in it with less than 50k miles (so the whole mileage thing isnt valid) AND turbo it...and still may have money left over...then would you be calling him a fool?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

VLSD's came on the 5sp I30's and CANADIAN maximas... they were not an option on US 4th gens
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 PM

i dont get it....he can put a 3.5 in it with less than 50k miles (so the whole mileage thing isnt valid) AND turbo it...and still may have money left over...then would you be calling him a fool?
its up to him, he wants a faster car and in his color scheme. so i guess w/e makes him happy/ i like white, and i thought that max was worth more then what he got for it and was allready modded, so, call me crazy, i would've def kept it. o wait, your biased cause you own a black se 5 speed...
Old 09-16-2010, 12:26 AM

Congrats on the sale and the new ride. I personally think the black one was a good deal and looks great so far. I wish mine was as clean.
BTW schofield, thanks for the deal on the regulator and motor for my rear window, it should be here by the end of the week.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:51 AM

In all honestly for him its a win win situation for him.One he gets the car he wants on top of cash on top. There is also the option of just doing a motor swap too. You gotta remember that it would be cheap for him to do this then paint the previous car itself. Because of even though it was maintained everything on it is surely broken in and has a bigger budget to work with now. Imo 97-99 4.5 gen 3.5 swap and hes set. On top of its hard to black on black in general let alone the condition he got it in. im not being biased persay cuz i have a black max but im looking at the situation personally on opinion and financial outcome.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:55 AM

mods please lock! lol
Old 09-16-2010, 06:14 PM

now, now, he knows what he's doing....

Yep, I have no clue...

Originally Posted by Maximum-Maxima
Well open diffs can spin both as well if you launch very hard. One sure way to tell is open your hood and look at the vin plate. Look for the transmission number. If it ends in a capital A its open diff. If it ends in a Capital V its VLSD

Sad to say... But mine ends in an "A"

THANK YOU!!!!

Originally Posted by myblzurchn
Congrats on the sale and the new ride. I personally think the black one was a good deal and looks great so far. I wish mine was as clean.
BTW schofield, thanks for the deal on the regulator and motor for my rear window, it should be here by the end of the week.

Thanks, Let me know if you have any issues...

Originally Posted by 95maxilove909
In all honestly for him its a win win situation for him.One he gets the car he wants on top of cash on top. There is also the option of just doing a motor swap too. You gotta remember that it would be cheap for him to do this then paint the previous car itself. Because of even though it was maintained everything on it is surely broken in and has a bigger budget to work with now. Imo 97-99 4.5 gen 3.5 swap and hes set. On top of its hard to black on black in general let alone the condition he got it in. im not being biased persay cuz i have a black max but im looking at the situation personally on opinion and financial outcome.
THANKS

Check out whats happening with the Black Beauty so far... and definitely more to come!

Old 09-16-2010, 08:47 PM

wat a tool
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 AM

Tools are very useful... Spell check is considered a tool and you should try using it.

(wat)????
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM

daam i wanta paint my max but i aint lookin to sell it haha. or if i made that much id buy a newer max or somethin stupid n faster haha
Old 09-17-2010, 03:31 PM

i didnt finish readin this, thats a lot of money.

it is wat this guy wanted. n to have that much to play wit n put into his max, **** id be pumped.

how hard is it to put a 3.5 swap in? n how much more hp will he gett? jw
Old 09-17-2010, 08:22 PM

More mod money FTW. Though I probably would have sold some of the mods separately if I were in the same situation.

Not feeling the red lip on the rims..
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Got Retrofit?

All that extra money better go towards mods

VQ35 swap + turbo.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Got Retrofit?

wat a tool
You're a tool for posting pics of your front end randomly in threads, just because it's so clean.

It's clean because it's been repainted a bunch of times and not everyone knows that. Grow up and leave the OP alone. He got what he wanted and that's all that matters.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart
More mod money FTW. Though I probably would have sold some of the mods separately if I were in the same situation.

Not feeling the red lip on the rims..

Yea, I haven't made up my mind yet on the XXR's. I got a REALLY good deal on them, thats the only reason they are on it. I think they will look much better when I get rid of the stupid white pin stripes and get some clears... I may end up trading for some g35-350z wheels, not sure yet.

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
All that extra money better go towards mods

VQ35 swap + turbo.

I must admit, some of the money is funding an LS swap for my 89 Formula... I've had the motor for a while, just need the ECU and Harness. But yes, I want the Black Max to be fast too and will get her there!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:25 AM

You're a tool for posting pics of your front end randomly in threads, just because it's so clean.

It's clean because it's been repainted a bunch of times and not everyone knows that. Grow up and leave the OP alone. He got what he wanted and that's all that matters.
chris, your also a tool. i work for hours on end waxing and detailing my car. you can ask anyone who came to the valley forge meet on may 15th,and my front end has not been repainted a bunch of times. the hood was repainted over 2 years ago and the bumper and thats all. i wonder where that thread is where you were asking for money to fix one of your 2 maximas and you got flamed by a million people. at least i pay for my own mods and love my car and just like to share with people when its clean how good their car can look.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:51 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

&
chris, your also a tool. i work for hours on end waxing and detailing my car. you can ask anyone who came to the valley forge meet on may 15th,and my front end has not been repainted a bunch of times. the hood was repainted over 2 years ago and the bumper and thats all. i wonder where that thread is where you were asking for money to fix one of your 2 maximas and you got flamed by a million people. at least i pay for my own mods and love my car and just like to share with people when its clean how good their car can look.
This is silly and OT.

@OP Congratulations on your new ride. I definitely know how it feels to want a color you aren't driving. Mileage be damned. Especially on these cars. Kudos!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:09 AM

unsubscribing
Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Shame to see such a nice max go. If you werent so far you coulda had my black on black max clean as hell, 3.5 swapped in already, megasquirt, ETC ETC. 90k kilometers on it :P

Actually once I have my 15 posts I'm gonna put it up for sale. Stay tuned!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:58 PM

HAHA!!!!^^^

Quick Reply: I finally posted her...