4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I finally posted her...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 PM

I finally posted her...

Hey Fellas,

I sent out a message last week saying I was thinking about putting my Girlfriend on eBay. If you know anyone interested, please refer them to the following site. She has 50K original miles and numerous mods... Momo, Stillen, Greddy, NOS, Eibach, KYB, etc.

EBAY: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/50Kmiles-w-NOS-Eibach-Manual-Maxima-VIDEOS-96-97-98-99-/220663819669?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336096ad95

If she ends up selling, I WILL BE LOOKING FOR A BLACK ON BLACK 4th GEN!!!! Let me know...

Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

I see no point in selling a clean 50k mile Maxima for another one that'll most likely have more miles and more problems. Good luck with the sale
Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 PM

I would just have her painted black and put a 99 bumper on her... you already did the rear. That don't make sense to me. She has 50k, that unheard of for that year. oh well best of luck to you.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Just the tip.

Nice......Pontiac?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by JNCoRacer
Nice......Pontiac?
lol, right??? whats the gayness with teh grill?? tell you what, just give me your car and you can have my 200,000 95 gle. you know what, lets just swap motors and i'll have teh best looking lowest mile max in here!!! ( one of the....)
Old 09-06-2010, 01:24 AM

so you do something unbelievably stupid and then go posting in the wrong forum to tell about it. is there a huge prize for "stupidest thing done to a maxima" award i don't know about?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:02 AM
ef9

That is so true, I don't see any point in selling it with that low miles. Was the car even used weekly?

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
I see no point in selling a clean 50k mile Maxima for another one that'll most likely have more miles and more problems. Good luck with the sale
Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

If black interior is what you want, just get a nice one from the JY. They're becoming more abundant as time goes by. Get rid of the two tone interior, sell that steering wheel, get a normal looking center trim piece, eliminate the pontiac grille, and toss on some projectors, get rid of the grey cloth base model door panels and replace em with leather inserts, replace the sony headunit with a two din navi unit and you'll have one dope *** Maxima.

White with black interior is kinda rare so it will look real good. I'd stick with your current car and just do those minor changes (thats just me)
Old 09-06-2010, 02:40 AM

I 100% agree with ColombianMax, save yourself the trouble of having to deal with finding another 4th gen, when you already have a really nice one (well mostly nice). You'll be hard pressed to find one with the black on black thats in half decent shape and it will have about a quarter million miles on it. I however do like the look of the two tone leather. And I see after looking up the listing that you should not have any problems seller her. BUT WHY??????
Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 AM

one of two things happend. either the car is legit and it mostly sat from 2000-2009 so all the rubber parts are dry rotted needs alot of work... this is best case. or the OD was rolled back... just sayin why does the car go 10k per year and all of a sudden to1k in 9 years? maybe im wrong but that sure would be a good reason to sell her...
Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Br0nz
one of two things happend. either the car is legit and it mostly sat from 2000-2009 so all the rubber parts are dry rotted needs alot of work... this is best case. or the OD was rolled back... just sayin why does the car go 10k per year and all of a sudden to1k in 9 years? maybe im wrong but that sure would be a good reason to sell her...
or god forbid an old lady drove it for 9 years. hell last year i put 3k on my i30 because i went off to college and left it behind. its not so far fetched, just really lucky!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
lol, right??? whats the gayness with teh grill?? tell you what, just give me your car and you can have my 200,000 95 gle. you know what, lets just swap motors and i'll have teh best looking lowest mile max in here!!! ( one of the....)
Jesus, I love how your car looks.

OP:
+1 on the grille comment.

And what the hell is up with those lights? HIDs in reflector housings? Fail.
EDIT: Just read the listing. They're LEDs, and the car has normal bulbs as well in the housings. That's actually kinda cool. I retract this comment.

That being said, I love the look of that interior. Looks like you spent a lot of time getting everything how you like it. I think you're going to hate driving a black car in the summer, especially going from a white one.

Last edited by VQ30MPG; 09-06-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:52 AM

Their are a lot of different reasons the mileage is low.

My 1991 Truck has 51k, its low because its a 2nd vehicle and it was down for 3 years with a cracked piston.

My wifes SUV has been getting low mileage the last 5 years because her last two jobs have been 3 miles and 0 mile commutes, prior to that it was driven 13-14K miles/year. I drive it every week but it mostly around town.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:05 AM

keep the car, or if you gonna sell it for another one, get a newer max.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Doomi30
or god forbid an old lady drove it for 9 years. hell last year i put 3k on my i30 because i went off to college and left it behind. its not so far fetched, just really lucky!
The auction says the seller bought the car a little less than a year ago and that it came with NOS installed. I doubt an old lady owned the car then. lol

"The NOS Power Shot was on the car when I purchased it. Everything to run it is there with the exception of the Bottle itself. All the lines are ran for the NOS including the gas line inside the trunk. It also has a Key for the NOS so you can deactivate it when loaning the car to a friend."

That in itself raises a red flag in my opinion. Even assuming the mileage was legit, if the car was running NOS, the stress placed on the engine may very well be comparable to an engine with much higher mileage depending on how much NOS was used and for how long.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by najee1062
I would just have her painted black and put a 99 bumper on her... you already did the rear. That don't make sense to me. She has 50k, that unheard of for that year. oh well best of luck to you.
Originally Posted by ef9
That is so true, I don't see any point in selling it with that low miles. Was the car even used weekly?
If black interior is what you want, just get a nice one from the JY. They're becoming more abundant as time goes by. Get rid of the two tone interior, sell that steering wheel, get a normal looking center trim piece, eliminate the pontiac grille, and toss on some projectors, get rid of the grey cloth base model door panels and replace em with leather inserts, replace the sony headunit with a two din navi unit and you'll have one dope *** Maxima.

White with black interior is kinda rare so it will look real good. I'd stick with your current car and just do those minor changes (thats just me)
Originally Posted by myblzurchn
I 100% agree with ColombianMax, save yourself the trouble of having to deal with finding another 4th gen, when you already have a really nice one (well mostly nice). You'll be hard pressed to find one with the black on black thats in half decent shape and it will have about a quarter million miles on it. I however do like the look of the two tone leather. And I see after looking up the listing that you should not have any problems seller her. BUT WHY??????
Originally Posted by JAMAICANLOVRBOY
keep the car, or if you gonna sell it for another one, get a newer max.

Thanks Guys,

I have recieved a lot of good feedback about this car and I really do appreciate it. I will explain my reasons for selling and wanting another 4th Gen (Black)... Also reasons for the low mileage...

1. My previous car was a 97 Black on Black Leather with Bose, etc. I was a dumb@$$ for selling it and want another really bad. I know I could just paint my Low Mileage 96 and install factory Black Leather, But a GOOD Black Paint job including the inner doors, trunk, under hood... Thats gonna cost somewhere around 5K or more.

2. As far as the interior of this one, I can't take the credit for it. I purchased the car with several of these mods already on it, including the interior. Yes it is cool and I get a ton of complements, but I prefer the classy look of the factory black leather.

3. I hate putting mileage on this car driving it everyday because it just decreases the value every additional 10K I put on it. With that said, I would rather buy a Black on Black in decent condtion and 150K+ for around $3000. I could spend another $2000 on it to make it how I want and not worry about the miles. We all know these things easily do 200-300k with minor maintenance. Plus I want something that I can drive hard and not have to worry about tearing it up. If I blow the motor of a 200k car, no big deal... If I blow the motor of a 50K car, then I'm just an idiot.

4. As far as the reason for the low miles... I truely think this car was in some sort of car shows and/or audio shows. I don't know this for a fact, I just base that on what the car had on it when I purchased it. Everything was "high end" parts that I would normally not spend the money on. The speakers I removed from the door (blown) and replaced with Bose were problably $300+ speakers. I like good sound, but me personally would rather put $300 into making it faster. This thing was designed to go fast AND look good while doing it. Again, I don't want to tear up a good low mileage car.

5. I think she was garage kept because all the rubber is really good. Also all the hoses like the radiator hoses etc look new and have Nissan stamped all over them. As far as the Grille, I didn't like it at first either, but it kinda grew on me. I think its off an Infiniti

Thanks again for the input...

Also, if she doesn't end up selling... I would consider trading for a decent Black on Black Manual (97-99) plus a little cash. The amount of cash you give would depend on the car you are trading. Let me know!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:17 AM

I really like your headlights! Do you mind if I ask where you got'em?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:18 PM

dude, if you already plan on spending the money to fix up the new one... just wait for a little while till a black on black 5spd pops up... i got my 96 black on black 5spd for 3400 almost 2 years ago (has since been sold)... no reason to get rid of such a gem! and absolutely no reason to sell it because youd rather have black on black... return the white one to OEM black leather and just take her out on nice weekends! youll still have the lowest mile 4th gen, not to mention a rare color combo... plus all black is hot as heck in the summer! easily 140-150 in my car, ac just couldnt keep up! my old white 97 with black interior, not so much! always cool...

just my opinion... KEEP HER! and do the front end conversion, ditch the grille, swap the side skirts to stillen, return interior to stock, call her good!

oh and the grille is stillen if i recall correctly. not an infiniti...
Old 09-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yea, I don't understand the logic in selling your car and finding one in a different color that may be in poor condition... Just get a paint job or get a newer model.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SchofieldRacing
I really like your headlights! Do you mind if I ask where you got'em?
they are a custom retrofit by another member and the last pair he made before leaving for school!! mercedes projectors with bmw shrouds and ebay headlights. i have the hid kit from ddm tuning with d2s bulbs and 4300 warmth. i love em!!!1

Last edited by max ride 41; 09-07-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by VQ30MPG
Jesus, I love how your car looks.

OP:
+1 on the grille comment.

And what the hell is up with those lights? HIDs in reflector housings? Fail.
EDIT: Just read the listing. They're LEDs, and the car has normal bulbs as well in the housings. That's actually kinda cool. I retract this comment.

That being said, I love the look of that interior. Looks like you spent a lot of time getting everything how you like it. I think you're going to hate driving a black car in the summer, especially going from a white one.
i love how my car looks too!! lol!! here's another shot for you!!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:47 PM

i love how my car looks too!! lol!! here's another shot for you!!
Pure Sex...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM

black >>> white

i did the same thing a few years back, had a 96, white w/ tan leather, fully loaded. Original owned, handed down to me by my father. I sold it and bought a fully loaded 97 black on black, with way more miles and worse condition (body wise atleast). But after the new engine, and the mods, the old 96 would NEVER be where this one is. Cuz its not what you want! and youre right, after paint, new interior, and getting it how you want it, its gonna come out more costly than getting the body that you want and putting a $500 engine in it.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
black >>> white

i did the same thing a few years back, had a 96, white w/ tan leather, fully loaded. Original owned, handed down to me by my father. I sold it and bought a fully loaded 97 black on black, with way more miles and worse condition (body wise atleast). But after the new engine, and the mods, the old 96 would NEVER be where this one is. Cuz its not what you want! and youre right, after paint, new interior, and getting it how you want it, its gonna come out more costly than getting the body that you want and putting a $500 engine in it.

Thank you!!! I didn't think anyone understood my reasoning.
Just to refresh everyone, I want a car that I can take to the track and tear up. I have never ran the 96 at any track due to the low mileage. It would just kill me to ruin a 50k mile car with dragracing/autocross. With that said, I don't have enough money to keep her AND have a Black daily driver/track car, so I decided to sell her and build one for abuse. If she doesn't sell, then I will continue to drive her and save up for a $3000 car, or maybe hold out for a good trade...

As far as Black being to hot... My 97 had good tint and never got hot

BTW: MaximaSpd85- I like the color choice for your wheels... goes real good with that car.

Currently for sale on eBay...
Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 PM

Just to refresh everyone, I want a car that I can take to the track and tear up. I have never ran the 96 at any track due to the low mileage. It would just kill me to ruin a 50k mile car with dragracing/autocross. With that said, I don't have enough money to keep her AND have a Black daily driver/track car, so I decided to sell her and build one for abuse. If she doesn't sell, then I will continue to drive her and save up for a $3000 car, or maybe hold out for a good trade...

BTW: MaximaSpd85- I like the color choice for your wheels... goes real good with that car.

Hell if that's what you want to do... We can trade. I have a 99 GLE 120K Black on Black Leather...
http://s224.photobucket.com/home/najee1062
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 PM

just cuz mileage like this is unseen now adays dont think its not legit, there is a old folk around my way who has 19k on her 98 maxima gle, fully loaded from factory with every damm option you can think of including traction control, i was at a cvs one day and saw this shiny *** maxima gold, one where you can see your face in it like a mirror, the owner comes by and says nice car, i say the same back and when i ask how is it treating you, he says drives like a new car, than adds to it would you believe i just had my 20,000 mile check up done to it, ii was so shocked and when i looked inside it freaking read 19,900.

So it doesnt have to something with the odometer was done to OP's car, there are car like this with this mileage around
Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM

so let me get this straight... your willing to give up a perfect condition extremely low mile car for one that you can just go drive into the ground...

i just want to clarify that you also have another car that is your daily driver... because if not, your not being very smart about this...

if this is your only car, keep it! drive the crap outa it and fix this one when it blows... your less likely to destroy this one anyways! its near new!!! all the old motors blow because they are OLD!!! that and poorly kept! you already know they are good for 300K easy, so why not just drive this one! with proper maintenance this one can last just as long!

only downfall, its white... and you want black on black... have you thought about a panda car? oh and you dont wanna blow the engine! well, youve got a while... save up for a built 3.5... youve got plenty of time!

sorry if i sound like an a-hole n all i just think your nuts for giving up such a low mileage car! if you build it up right, and know how to drive, your engine and tranny will be ok... suspension will probably suffer but thats not so bad...

i really hope you dont sell this car! itd be a shame to see it sold and then trashed by someone newb... keep it, drive it, maintain it, build it!

oh and max fever, wasnt TC only on 99's? jw... i notice you said it was a 98... not like you could really tell from the outside though...

Last edited by max_dreamer; 09-06-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by najee1062
Hell if that's what you want to do... We can trade. I have a 99 GLE 120K Black on Black Leather...
http://s224.photobucket.com/home/najee1062

Thanks for the offer, But it needs to be a Black on Black MT... Pretty car though.

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
so let me get this straight... your willing to give up a perfect condition extremely low mile car for one that you can just go drive into the ground...

i just want to clarify that you also have another car that is your daily driver... because if not, your not being very smart about this...

if this is your only car, keep it! drive the crap outa it and fix this one when it blows... your less likely to destroy this one anyways! its near new!!! all the old motors blow because they are OLD!!! that and poorly kept! you already know they are good for 300K easy, so why not just drive this one! with proper maintenance this one can last just as long!

only downfall, its white... and you want black on black... have you thought about a panda car? oh and you dont wanna blow the engine! well, youve got a while... save up for a built 3.5... youve got plenty of time!

sorry if i sound like an a-hole n all i just think your nuts for giving up such a low mileage car! if you build it up right, and know how to drive, your engine and tranny will be ok... suspension will probably suffer but thats not so bad...

i really hope you dont sell this car! itd be a shame to see it sold and then trashed by someone newb... keep it, drive it, maintain it, build it!

oh and max fever, wasnt TC only on 99's? jw... i notice you said it was a 98... not like you could really tell from the outside though...

quote: "I don't have enough money to keep her AND have a Black daily driver/track car"

If I had the money to buy another Maxima and keep her, darn right I'd keep her... But I don't. And this all falls down to... NOT WHAT I WANT!

Rough Estimate to make her what I want:
GOOD Black Paint including inner doors, trunk, etc. - $5000.00
Factory Black Leather Seats - if I'm lucky- $500.00
Factory Steering Wheel with AirBag - $100.00
97-99 Front Clip - $100.00
Door Panels with Leather Inserts - $100.00
GRAND TOTAL $5800.00 (give or take)

-OR-

I can sell her for 5-6k, purchase a nice Black on Black for about 3k and have money left over to make Black Beauty FAST!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM

nice!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM

Well u prolly get 6k or 7k bucks for it. U can take that and find a black on black MT for like 3k bucks with decent miles prolly around 100k. Pocket the rest of the money.

Jus got to remember that u modded your car and most ppl or dealers dont like cars that are modded too much. Meaning less moula for u. I wd put all the stock pieces back on it before u sell it.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:51 PM

Thanks, that's kinda my thinking... It won't go over $6250 cause thats the Buy it Now price. But to be honest, I will be happy wether she sells or not. If she doesn't sell, you're right about making her stock and then selling the parts. I may go that route cause I would really like to keep the wheels for my future Black on Black.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:43 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

...I may go that route cause I would really like to keep the wheels for my future Black on Black.
Only a state away.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:25 PM

SOLD!!!

In a way I am sad to see her go, but I feel I got a very fair price for her... $6250.00

With that said, now I need to find a good Black on Black MT 4th Gen... If you have an interest in some cashola, hit me up!

I will miss you baby!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM

what a fool, low mileage max in decent condition and you sell it.uppet: i mean, is color all that important to you??? that car looked clean and was respectible lookin. did you not read any of the responses to this thread?? good luck i guess...
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Should of just painted it black interior is already like black. That was a nice Max though!!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM

damn that was sexy hopefully the new owner will take care of her as well as u did
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM

dude just paint it black.... and get rid of the grill.... no grill is better... **** no bumper is better.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 AM

what a fool, low mileage max in decent condition and you sell it.uppet: i mean, is color all that important to you??? that car looked clean and was respectible lookin. did you not read any of the responses to this thread?? good luck i guess...

+1!!!!!!!! couldn't agree more...
Old 09-10-2010, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by 99greddymax
+1!!!!!!!! couldn't agree more...
Old 09-10-2010, 10:33 PM

Sad, just sad... we all wasted advising this guy. For the new owner I hope he/she appreciates that beautiful ride cause he sure didn't.

Quick Reply: I finally posted her...