4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Drove in friends v-6 stang, FAST..(can a maxima chirp??)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 11:49 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Re: Re: YES.....

Originally posted by SLC I30t

so does mine, but I'm a stick and y pipe.
I think he is too.

Guys, how the hell do you squeel second with an automagic w/no VB upgrade ? I have new 17x8 tires, but still...the shifts are just too weak.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Enough bashing

Originally posted by Weasel
Am I the only one that caught this?

no..I caught it too....Craig...your buddy is taking that 33hp number from the superchips.com website....I'm sorry, but on an N/A car...that kind of gain simply won't happen. Especially a pushrod V6. Also...where did you get 250hp???? Those things come with 190 stock...and to get 60hp out of the engine...you'd have to do a hell of a lot more than what he has done.

I HAVE raced a modded stang V-6....it was weak...he thought he was tough $hit too....
Old 12-16-2001, 12:26 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Enough bashing

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

no..I caught it too....Craig...your buddy is taking that 33hp number from the superchips.com website....I'm sorry, but on an N/A car...that kind of gain simply won't happen. Especially a pushrod V6. Also...where did you get 250hp???? Those things come with 190 stock...and to get 60hp out of the engine...you'd have to do a hell of a lot more than what he has done.

I HAVE raced a modded stang V-6....it was weak...he thought he was tough $hit too....
They actually have 193hp stock

Brian, maybe it's just becuase his car sounds mean and the torque throws you back in your seat, that I think he is really fast, you know ?

But I can't talk 'ish to him because he would whoop my @ss. I am stock '95 (performance wise) except for a lagging popcharger w/automagic tranny.

Guys, I know the older mustangs are badly engineered, but the newer ones are better. Still nothing compared to our engines, but better.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Enough bashing

Originally posted by Craig Mack

They actually have 193hp stock

Brian, maybe it's just becuase his car sounds mean and the torque throws you back in your seat, that I think he is really fast, you know ?

But I can't talk 'ish to him because he would whoop my @ss. I am stock '95 (performance wise) except for a lagging popcharger w/automagic tranny.

Guys, I know the older mustangs are badly engineered, but the newer ones are better. Still nothing compared to our engines, but better.
I totally agree with you about being thrown back in your seat and the car "feeling" fast. Why don't you run him and see how you do...like from a 50mph roll...I bet you'd give him a run for his money.....auto maxs are pretty quick cars....

193 hp...piffle...3hp I was close enough
Old 12-16-2001, 01:03 PM

Re: Re: YES.....

whaa ? are u automagic ?
No, I'm 5-spd.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Enough bashing

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

I totally agree with you about being thrown back in your seat and the car "feeling" fast. Why don't you run him and see how you do...like from a 50mph roll...I bet you'd give him a run for his money.....auto maxs are pretty quick cars....

193 hp...piffle...3hp I was close enough
Yeah. Those fords usually have a good amount of torque. I have raced him on the highway b4. He always pulls on me pretty bad. I could REALLY use that extra gear on the highway. But from 30-40 I will still have a good amount of RPM's to use.

This Christmas I am getting a PR CAI, Warpspeed Mandrel bent 2.5 Y, and catback exhaust. Hopefully I will be able to feel a lil' more power on the highway-mid range drivin' with these over stock, and thus be able to keep up with him more.
Old 12-16-2001, 03:26 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

*the voice of reason*

The 99+ Mustang V6 with 190hp really aren't that bad nor are they very slow in the 5 speed form. The new V6 uses a varible intake which is mostly responsible for the power increase. In stock form, Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords pulled off a 14.9 in a 99 V6. No joke. Are they good drivers and was it a good track? Hell yes, but it still doesn't discredit the fact that they are relatively quick. Motor Trend and Car & Driver have gotten lower 15s out of these cars. On the topend is where they suffer a bit. They generate good torque, but they can't carry the hp. The torque is what's responsible for the "feels fast" sensation. The 3.8 V6 generates most of it's power from 2500-4800 which is why it feels so strong.

I get so sick and tired of guys knocking the Mustangs. The older 5.0s aren't junk. If you had ever ridden in one or drove one you would know they are put together pretty well. I'm pretty sure 95% of the guys in this org haven't driven a 5.0, 3.8, or 4.6 Mustang. Hell, I bet most guys in here haven't driven a car any faster than their Maxima. Just like Maximas, 95% of the Mustang drivers can't drive their car to it's potential. They lack the ability to shift quick, understand shift points, or launch the car effectively.

Dave
Old 12-16-2001, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
*the voice of reason*

The 99+ Mustang V6 with 190hp really aren't that bad nor are they very slow in the 5 speed form. The new V6 uses a varible intake which is mostly responsible for the power increase. In stock form, Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords pulled off a 14.9 in a 99 V6. No joke. Are they good drivers and was it a good track? Hell yes, but it still doesn't discredit the fact that they are relatively quick. Motor Trend and Car & Driver have gotten lower 15s out of these cars. On the topend is where they suffer a bit. They generate good torque, but they can't carry the hp. The torque is what's responsible for the "feels fast" sensation. The 3.8 V6 generates most of it's power from 2500-4800 which is why it feels so strong.

I get so sick and tired of guys knocking the Mustangs. The older 5.0s aren't junk. If you had ever ridden in one or drove one you would know they are put together pretty well. I'm pretty sure 95% of the guys in this org haven't driven a 5.0, 3.8, or 4.6 Mustang. Hell, I bet most guys in here haven't driven a car any faster than their Maxima. Just like Maximas, 95% of the Mustang drivers can't drive their car to it's potential. They lack the ability to shift quick, understand shift points, or launch the car effectively.

Dave
THANK YOU!!!
Old 12-16-2001, 08:15 PM
Granny Driven

THANK YOU!!!
You and me are the 5% who dont underestimate mustangs.

My friend has 2001 cobra(fast but problems again. Knock sensor)
He had 99 cobra, peace of ****. You know why.(no HP)
Old 12-16-2001, 11:19 PM

i could chirp in second when i was stock.