4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what muffler dimensions for 97 GXE auto?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 01:56 PM

what muffler dimensions for 97 GXE auto?

sup guys,

I want to replace my stock muffler with a stainless steel muffler...

What inlet and outlet dimensions do i need?
I'm assuming that the outlet dimension doesn't really matter as long as it is as equal to or larger diameter then my stock muffler.

Another question is,
How much if any gain will the stainless steel muffler increase if i get an outlet of equal or equal diamter in inches?

And is there anything else that's appleaing about getting a stainless steel muffler biseds the fact that it looks nice and shiny?

thanks guys.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:00 PM
dot dot dot ...

Re: what muffler dimensions for 97 GXE auto?

Originally posted by itsgt
sup guys,

What inlet and outlet dimensions do i need?
I'm assuming that the outlet dimension doesn't really matter as long as it is as equal to or larger diameter then my stock muffler.

Another question is,
How much if any gain will the stainless steel muffler increase if i get an outlet of equal or equal diamter in inches?

And is there anything else that's appleaing about getting a stainless steel muffler biseds the fact that it looks nice and shiny?

thanks guys.
This a joke? inlet is 2" stock, so maybe, if you're going waith a stock B-pipe, do a 2.25 inlet, outlet whatever you want and besides highway drone, nothing else besides looking good will come form a SS rear section.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:40 PM

Re: Re: what muffler dimensions for 97 GXE auto?

Originally posted by NmexMAX

This a joke? inlet is 2" stock, so maybe, if you're going waith a stock B-pipe, do a 2.25 inlet, outlet whatever you want and besides highway drone, nothing else besides looking good will come form a SS rear section.
so if i get a bigger outlet then my stock it won't gain anything? will it make noise?