4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Lookie What I got at the Junk Yard today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 PM

Do yourself a favor, get some simple green and spray that chit with the garden hose..

Than.. make a simple Block off plate for the time being, order your gaskets, grind down the coil pack bosses so you can just use your existing coil packs, and get to work.

Oh, and order a VAFC-II
Old 12-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by FallenOne
Do yourself a favor, get some simple green and spray that chit with the garden hose..

Than.. make a simple Block off plate for the time being, order your gaskets, grind down the coil pack bosses so you can just use your existing coil packs, and get to work.

Oh, and order a VAFC-II
I'm waiting to put it on for a few reasons: 1. It's ****ing cold outside here. high temp tomorrow is 30deg. I don't have a garage. 2. I also work 50+hours a week and need my car to get from A-B right now. 3. In order to use the larger injectors, 5th gen LIM and fuel rail I'll also need an EMU and a tune for it to run properly.

I'm not in a rush. It'll go as soon as I can get those things cleared up.

As for cleaning it up, I've already cleaned all the parts nice and good over the last couple of days. They still have neon paint from the junkyard so I'll be sanding it down and repainting it before it goes on.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:28 AM

I think with a vafc you should be fine. Get a sideband if you wanna street tune it yourself. Just finished one on my friends car remember to
Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

If you don't have the vias assembly, I wouldn't worry about tracking one down. A lot of members (including me) have removed the rod and experienced positive results. Remember, at WOT when shifting at even the stock redline, once you're out of 1st gear the rpms don't drop below 4500-5000. And the small amount of power you lose below that point is not noticeable during daily driving. It's also one less piece of electronic equipment you will need wired up to the car.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by infinimax96

I didn't get the egr tube. I'll probably go back tomorrow and pull it. I'm not sure if I'm just going to block it off or not.
If it was from an '01, there is no egr tube. It's just a block of plate. Also, did you get the pigtails for the injectors?
Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by VisciousMo
nice pickup! I want a 00vi
I have another one for sale if you're interested. Only thing I'm currently missing is the throttle body. I can possibly track that down for you though. I also have an IM with the vias removed and another with a fully working vias.

Originally Posted by FallenOne

Oh, and order a VAFC-II
You don't need to grind down anything to use 4th gen coilpacks if you have a 5th gen valve cover. I ran 4th gen coils in mine for about a year. Only thing is the holes for the screw on the coil is a little small for the 5th gen thread pitch. You can widen the hole a little to fix that.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM

infinimax what kinda tune do we need? i have everything i need for the swap and just got my rpm switch a few days ago.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
If you don't have the vias assembly, I wouldn't worry about tracking one down. A lot of members (including me) have removed the rod and experienced positive results. Remember, at WOT when shifting at even the stock redline, once you're out of 1st gear the rpms don't drop below 4500-5000. And the small amount of power you lose below that point is not noticeable during daily driving. It's also one less piece of electronic equipment you will need wired up to the car.
I already have a working VIAS assembly ready to buy from another Member. I'm just waiting for him to remove it from his Maxima and send it to me. I figured I'd try it with the power rod, if I have problems I'll remove it and block it off.

Originally Posted by Kingcordero
infinimax what kinda tune do we need? i have everything i need for the swap and just got my rpm switch a few days ago.
It's suggested that you get an EMU and get it tuned on a dyno due to the larger injectors. If not you'll be running rich from the start.