4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What will set off a 95 GLE car alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:56 PM

What will set off a 95 GLE car alarm?

I recently bought my first 4th gen so I'm not quite familiar with all the features. What will set off the factory alarm on a 95 GLE? I know there aren't window shock sensors because I had my car broken into a while back. But will things like prying the trunk open set off the alarm?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:20 AM
4th Gen Parts King

Opening hood,doors or trunk while the system is armed.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 AM

I leave my car unlocked at night to keep my windows from being broken. (There's been someone breaking in either my car or my parents vehicles about once a week lately). I assume you have to have your doors locked for the car to be 'armed'? Really all I care about is I want the alarm going off if someone pries open my trunk. Not really sure how hard that would be, but I have an amp in there.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM

The doors have to be locked for the alarm to be armed. I don't know how you could arm the alarm and not have the doors locked.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by FunkMcOwnage
I leave my car unlocked at night to keep my windows from being broken. (There's been someone breaking in either my car or my parents vehicles about once a week lately).
^^ This is not good. If I were you, I would disconnect the trunk switch to prevent them from getting in the trunk. Only use the key to get in. But this once a week thing is kinda disturbing...
Old 01-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by FunkMcOwnage
There's been someone breaking in either my car or my parents vehicles about once a week lately
I would be catching the Guy and making sure he couldn't do it again.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by asand1
I would be catching the Guy and making sure he couldn't do it again.
+10000000

I would be in the bushes camping out just waiting for the ***** to show up jus so i cd whip his a**
Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM

I'd beat some *** with my 1/2 inch breaker bar untill they stop breathing i have too much time and money into my maxx.

I have 5 percent window tint all around and 35percent front window so nobody would ever expect me to be campin out in my ride waiting lol. that or they wont ever know whats inside.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 PM

Maxes are targets for the ease of access. It sucks but its a fact, they are stolen or broken into all the time. The only times I have set off the alarm was when:1) my door locks were malfunctioning and the alarm would go off randomly throughout the day forcing me to leave it unlocked until I could get it fixed.2) when the doors are locked and my windows are down and I need to get back in and just reach in through the window to unlock the car. If the doors are locked and you use anything but the key to get in then the alarm will go off. Thats all I know. Funk....I dont know where you live but most cops are bored and if you tell them this they would love to set up a stakeout for you I assure you
Old 01-13-2012, 02:39 PM

wait wait, if this happen once a week then you know its coming so y not stay alert for it between the time frame its happens. and leaving your doors open its not too smart lol if it was a pro youll come back and meet a shell lol lock your doors man
Old 01-14-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
^^ This is not good. If I were you, I would disconnect the trunk switch to prevent them from getting in the trunk. Only use the key to get in. But this once a week thing is kinda disturbing...
I actually did this after it was broken into the first time. You can only pop the trunk with the keyfob or by using a key. But honestly we've had all 4 of our vehicles broken into with smashed windows. Last week someone actually tried to steal my dad's ****ty '93 F-150 LOL. They busted up the steering column and pried off the chrome around the ignition switch. Luckily they had no idea what they were doing, and didn't take off with it. They also left a huge buck knife on the seat, which of course we gave to the police. So you can see why I'm not too eager to try and catch them in the act. As much as I love my Maxima, it's not really worth getting stabbed over at 4 in the morning.

Last edited by FunkMcOwnage; 01-14-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

"never bring a knife to a gun fight"...