4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Brad I'm sorry but I'm making a thread haha :P

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM

Brad I'm sorry but I'm making a thread haha :P

Hey guys,

This season I'm looking to get into autocross with a couple of friends and as soon as I get my taxes back soon modding season will commence lol. I'm looking at racing seats for autocross and have never put racing seats in a maxima before (helped a friend with his sti though). Anyways I'm going to post up what I'm looking at buying and seeing if that is everything I need to completely bolt everything in. And yes I did search and look in the "racing seats in 4th Gen thread" and did not find what I was looking for. Oh and one last thing, when I sat in my friends STI after the length was fine I could fully press in the clutch and everything fine I'm about 5"7 and I've heard of some people being too short for some cars with racing seats does this apply to the 4th gen? (hope that makes sense it does to me but im always bad at wording things)

I would need the "D" brackets
http://soloracerdotcom.stores.yahoo....aubracket.html

Seats:
http://soloracerdotcom.stores.yahoo....beauforza.html

using the brackets they should mount right to the seat and then the brackets should right to the floor like the set up in my friends sti did correct? Thanks in advance and sorry Brad I had to do it

Last edited by xtremepb0; 03-06-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 PM

Go to proimporttuners.com and they will have what you need. I would recommend doing performance mods over that so you are competitive before you worry about seats and a harness, its expensive. Get a harness put in, stock seats are fine for wknd warriors.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:36 PM

-____________________________________-

seriously though, harnesses on stock seats should suffice for the time being.

FWIW, my buddy tracks his integra..he saved money by just swapping the driver seat
Old 03-06-2012, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Go to proimporttuners.com and they will have what you need. I would recommend doing performance mods over that so you are competitive before you worry about seats and a harness, its expensive. Get a harness put in, stock seats are fine for wknd warriors.
So are those not everything I need? It says on the website if you buy 2 seats and two brackets theyll mount the seats and brackets before they ship them to you which is pretty cool lol, and the brackets look exactly like stock.