4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question about Body Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 07:15 PM

Question about Body Kit...

Well, after seeing this post and these pics, I've decided that I want to get the Stillen Body Kit on my Maxima.

Here's my question. I live in New Jersey, where the winter can be rough sometimes. Would it make sense at all for me to take the body kit off during the winter, if it's even possible? Well, maybe I'd only take off the front and rear pieces and just leave the side skirts on.

The reason I ask is, I'm sparing my Maxima one less winter of being dropped, but I'll be lowering it on Sprint Springs in the Spring. I plan to get rims and body sometime in the Spring or Summer. Come next winter, I'll put my stock wheels back on, but I'll still have a "snowplow" if I leave the body kit and drop on. We all know that a lowered car + body kit + snow = trouble.

How are the front and rear pieces of the body kit on the car? Would it be possible to take those two parts off come winter time and reinstall them in the spring time? I would just take the front off, but I imagine the car would look really bad with just the sides and back on. So, if I take the front and back off and just leave the sides, it probably won't look too bad.

If not, I guess I'll just have to learn how to drive carefully in the snow with the kit and drop, or in any weather for that matter.

Thanks,
-Nick
Old 01-03-2002, 07:56 PM

Re: Question about Body Kit...

Originally posted by Nick97SE
Well, after seeing this post and these pics, I've decided that I want to get the Stillen Body Kit on my Maxima.

Here's my question. I live in New Jersey, where the winter can be rough sometimes. Would it make sense at all for me to take the body kit off during the winter, if it's even possible? Well, maybe I'd only take off the front and rear pieces and just leave the side skirts on.

The reason I ask is, I'm sparing my Maxima one less winter of being dropped, but I'll be lowering it on Sprint Springs in the Spring. I plan to get rims and body sometime in the Spring or Summer. Come next winter, I'll put my stock wheels back on, but I'll still have a "snowplow" if I leave the body kit and drop on. We all know that a lowered car + body kit + snow = trouble.

How are the front and rear pieces of the body kit on the car? Would it be possible to take those two parts off come winter time and reinstall them in the spring time? I would just take the front off, but I imagine the car would look really bad with just the sides and back on. So, if I take the front and back off and just leave the sides, it probably won't look too bad.

If not, I guess I'll just have to learn how to drive carefully in the snow with the kit and drop, or in any weather for that matter.

Thanks,
-Nick
I have the front lip on mine with an Eibach pro kit. I live on LI and I'm a little worried too but looking at the way the body shop installed my chin spoiler, it doesn't look easy to remove. By a $200 POS car and keep yur max in the garage
Old 01-03-2002, 08:09 PM

hey, i live in Nj and these winters suck, you will be fine
Old 01-04-2002, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
hey, i live in Nj and these winters suck, you will be fine
You have a kit and drop? I guess I'll just have to be careful. I could always use my dad's truck if I had too.

Thanks!
-Nick
Old 01-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

its a coupleof screws and double sided tape really easy to remove but hard to clean off all the dub sided tape... you could do it but it'd be a pain... get coilovers instead and adjust the height for winter