4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

omg help!! ENGINE BURN OUT? 95max!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 07:10 AM

omg help!! ENGINE BURN OUT? 95max!

OMG PLEASE HELP!
ok yesterday my car started after a few tries it didnt start right away and it was real cold out 30 degrees so i took it to pepboys now they just called me and they said the ENGINE has worn out!!! omg it only has 104K and i am not a harsh driver at all...i dont even speed wit my max...nor speed up face my highest is 3k rpm when going up althought i only had 1 incendent about 4 months ago i came home from a vaction my car wasnt touched for 3 weekes and i tried starting it it didnt start engine would gasp but it didnt start I PRESSED the peld in as hard as i could and iti started BUt A HUGE ROAR came outa it and it hit 6000rpm for a slpit second during the start
some one please help i am real worried by engine..thinking i should jus sell the car?? I MEAN IT IS A MAXIMA THESE THINGS SHOULD RUN FOREVER damn i've just loved the car soo much not could replce it really
thank you in advance
Old 01-05-2002, 07:11 AM

also

i've ALSO HAD IT COMLETELY MAINTAINED OIL CHANGES AT 3000 ALL 60k checks 100 k coolents everything I've kept everything 100% tip top condition!!
Old 01-05-2002, 07:12 AM

Maxima engine going wrong at 100k?????? wha wha wha?
Old 01-05-2002, 07:28 AM

Parts of engine wear out, not whole engines. Ask them what they mean.
Old 01-05-2002, 07:28 AM

Take it to another place. This is shocking.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:23 AM

Re: omg help!! ENGINE BURN OUT? 95max!

Originally posted by sunnyb32
OMG PLEASE HELP!
ok yesterday my car started after a few tries it didnt start right away and it was real cold out 30 degrees so i took it to pepboys now they just called me and they said the ENGINE has worn out!!! omg it only has 104K and i am not a harsh driver at all...i dont even speed wit my max...nor speed up face my highest is 3k rpm when going up althought i only had 1 incendent about 4 months ago i came home from a vaction my car wasnt touched for 3 weekes and i tried starting it it didnt start engine would gasp but it didnt start I PRESSED the peld in as hard as i could and iti started BUt A HUGE ROAR came outa it and it hit 6000rpm for a slpit second during the start
some one please help i am real worried by engine..thinking i should jus sell the car?? I MEAN IT IS A MAXIMA THESE THINGS SHOULD RUN FOREVER damn i've just loved the car soo much not could replce it really
thank you in advance
This makes no sense.. The only thing it could be is low or no compression in a cylinder or all cylinders.. No compression in one cylinder ina burned valve.. low in one and you can survive.. Low in all and sometime in your cars life it was drastically overheated and your pistons are not round anymore.. Other then compression or rod knock or rod failure there is not much that can go wrong.. Seeing as you did not describe any banging clanking noise you can rule out rod knock / rod thrown events.. I would get more detail..
Old 01-05-2002, 09:59 AM

took it to dealer

well pepboys said there is a lifter noise or rod noise...lifter and/or rod noise meaning there is nosie or probelm in them but i donno bout it for sure...so i left it at the dealer now and will see what he will say.... could that be a prob tho?? i mean only 104k tho!!! is it major??
Old 01-05-2002, 11:00 AM

Investigate all that is said. As long as you can turn the motor (by hand) and it is not leaking oil,anti-freeze from the block and or on to the spark plugs, and no white/blue smoke is evident from the exhaust you should be o.k. on the major end, otherwise someone may be trying to dump a bucket of pig s**t on you? Have you checked you oil/anti-freeze levels? Do you remember at anytime whether the oil light ever illuminating constantly? Has the car even overheated? And are you the only driver of this vehicle? These are just a few questions that you should be asking yourself. I wish you the best, keep us posted! 96se auto 158,023 miles, Amsoil 0w-30,Amsoil SDF-13 oil filter, Amsoil ATF, Dunlop SP 5000's.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:09 PM

Re: took it to dealer

Well as said is not all true.. Head noise is fixable.. rod noise usually means that there is damage to the walls or there will be quite soon..
Old 01-05-2002, 12:22 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Screw Pepboys dude.... go to a normal shop with a reputation that can tell what the problem is..... ask them to explain it. Then post what they said here on the board.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: omg help!! ENGINE BURN OUT? 95max!

Originally posted by sunnyb32
OMG PLEASE HELP!
ok yesterday my car started after a few tries it didnt start right away

I PRESSED the peld in as hard as i could and iti started BUt A HUGE ROAR came outa it and it hit 6000rpm for a slpit second during the start
Thats the line that worries me the most. Cold engine, no oil pressure and 6000 RPM's Thats not good at all. You could spin rod bearings easily that way. Get a good shop to look at the car. Don't drive it to much if you have a spun bearing (low end noise) you may be causing excess ware on the crank, not to mention the posibility of having a bit of metal suspended in your oil.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

idle air control valve
tps sensor
timing chain

YOUR ENGINE IS NOT DEAD! id check those, if those go bad it will come off as engine is dead, it wont start up
Old 01-05-2002, 05:07 PM

Get your oil analyzed!

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

If you've never done this, it's well worth your while. You'll get the straight story about what's up with your engine from an oil analysis.

Also, that story will be coming from an unbiased source that isn't going to benefit from selling you potentially unnecessary engine work.

Given where you're at with your car, this is the best $18.50 you'll ever spend. Get the straight story before you go any further. Try not to drive it, if you can avoid it.

Good luck.

P.S: 6,000RPM's w/ no oil pressure to your engine is the mechanical equivalent of wiping your a$$ with a belt-sander. OUCH.

P.P.S: I have no affiliation with Blacksone Labs.