4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

motor mount where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 04:48 AM

motor mount where to buy

im going to replace the front and rear motor/tranny mounts. where shall i buy them. ???
any one with some experience?
Old 05-27-2012, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by lyhnedk
im going to replace the front and rear motor/tranny mounts. where shall i buy them. ???
any one with some experience?
Amazon.com you will be able to find then, here is the link :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

Bought then and fits nicelly.

Good luck.

Best Wishes,

Rafael
Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 PM

rockauto sells those and another brand. Heard good reviews about the other brand, never tried or hear about the DEA's though.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:14 PM

im in the same boat, I want to see if I should just buy the ones that I need or go with a certain type of "set". Iv seen them on ebay too, but dont really know whats a good brand....Any info would be much appreciated....

BTW- which mount/mounts are electronic?

Last edited by Stagnet04; 05-27-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:31 PM

I bought DEA off Ebay but I haven't installed yet.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
give some feedback after install if you can....
Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM

Damn! autozone sell em mounts 430 for one....why?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Originally Posted by Stagnet04
give some feedback after install if you can....
Oh I can definitely give feedback, now the install part... I'll be finding out about that in a day or two
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM

Subscribed to hear. So far I have locked in on the other brand on rockauto...but if DEA proves good, might just get those.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:46 AM

energy suspension??? i loved them on my 4th gen
Old 05-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I picked up a set of 3 of the DEA ones from an ebay posting about six months ago and my mechanic will have them installed by the end of today, when he finishes all the other stuff I brought in (clutch kit, rear brakes, new pulley and belts, and an inner fender liner that ripped off recently). The set I got had front, rear, and passenger side, but since I have a manual transmission, it didn't have the transmission mount.

I'll post once I get a feel for whether the mounts make much difference. What I was feeling was that once the car was warm after driving a while, there was a slight shake which bothered me. When I first bought the mounts, my mechanic said he couldn't install them due to the rusted lower radiator support which I have since had fixed.

I told him today this car better last another 10 years, after all the maintenance and parts replacement I've done the last year.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by mikeg75
I picked up a set of 3 of the DEA ones from an ebay posting about six months ago and my mechanic will have them installed by the end of today, when he finishes all the other stuff I brought in (clutch kit, rear brakes, new pulley and belts, and an inner fender liner that ripped off recently). The set I got had front, rear, and passenger side, but since I have a manual transmission, it didn't have the transmission mount.

I'll post once I get a feel for whether the mounts make much difference. What I was feeling was that once the car was warm after driving a while, there was a slight shake which bothered me. When I first bought the mounts, my mechanic said he couldn't install them due to the rusted lower radiator support which I have since had fixed.

I told him today this car better last another 10 years, after all the maintenance and parts replacement I've done the last year.
cool, cant wait to here the results.... Im pretty much doing the same thing and trying to fix up my car to keep it for at least 5-10 more years....
Old 05-31-2012, 06:00 PM

I should warn you if your passenger side and tranny mounts are still aluminum, you are going to have some issues with bolts and studs. Nissan supersceeded the part with an iron shell and modified the bolts and studs for them. Did this three years ago so I am warning you before you start.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
I should warn you if your passenger side and tranny mounts are still aluminum, you are going to have some issues with bolts and studs. Nissan supersceeded the part with an iron shell and modified the bolts and studs for them. Did this three years ago so I am warning you before you start.
After I picked up my car and took it around the block a few times, I talked to my mechanic, and in his broken English, I think this is what he was explaining when he told me he didn't like the way the new front mount felt and sounded, so he put the original back on. He said something about the old one being aluminum and that the new one clunked when it was installed, so he uninstalled it. He did install the rear and passenger side mounts though.

After driving only for 10 minutes, I can't yet say great things about the overall difference having the two new mounts. It does feel like the stick shift hardly moves now, but that could be because I didn't drive the car enough to be fully warm, which is when I would start to notice a little shakiness in the shifter. I'll have a long drive this weekend, so I'll be able to report later whether overall I think it was worth it.

As for the other parts I had installed, I am happy with the feel of the new clutch, the new rear brakes, and I could swear the AC felt stronger with new belts and a new pulley on there. Again, after the long drive this weekend (300 miles down to D.C. and back, I'll have more to report).
Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 PM

hmmm, so rear and right mount didnt feel good. Any pics of the mounts?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Snypa
hmmm, so rear and right mount didnt feel good. Any pics of the mounts?
I think the front mount is the only one he put the original back on. When I was in his shop at lunch time, before the mounts were fully installed, his partner had the front and rear installed, and then when I talked to him at the end of the day, when I paid him after I took the car for a drive, he said the front one didn't feel right so he put the original front one back on and left the new rear and passenger ones.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 PM

After I picked up my car and took it around the block a few times, I talked to my mechanic, and in his broken English, I think this is what he was explaining when he told me he didn't like the way the new front mount felt and sounded, so he put the original back on. He said something about the old one being aluminum and that the new one clunked when it was installed, so he uninstalled it. He did install the rear and passenger side mounts though.

After driving only for 10 minutes, I can't yet say great things about the overall difference having the two new mounts. It does feel like the stick shift hardly moves now, but that could be because I didn't drive the car enough to be fully warm, which is when I would start to notice a little shakiness in the shifter. I'll have a long drive this weekend, so I'll be able to report later whether overall I think it was worth it.

As for the other parts I had installed, I am happy with the feel of the new clutch, the new rear brakes, and I could swear the AC felt stronger with new belts and a new pulley on there. Again, after the long drive this weekend (300 miles down to D.C. and back, I'll have more to report).
yeah report back, Im sure it just cuz its new. Im actually looking at the Anchor mounts from rockauto, so well see....
Old 06-01-2012, 03:20 PM

knight_yyz (Ray) is selling his own made poly urethane bushings in the 4th gen classifieds, just fit them into your original mounts and enjoy.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:36 PM

I finally installed my DEA motor mount. I only needed the front one by the radiator. It looked to be an exact fit when I compared it to the old one and it went in with no problems. Only time will tell about the durability.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 AM

After a round-trip from Philadelphia to D.C. this past weekend, I felt the car had a little more vibration than it used to, before having the new motor mounts installed, and I took it back to my mechanic this morning for a look. My wife also felt there was just a bit more vibration with the new mounts than before.

I realize the car is 17 years old, but I was hoping it would be real smooth when idling, with the new mounts. The car also has a shimmy at higher speeds but that was going on before getting the mounts so I'll look into getting the tires balanced and aligned at some point.

Maybe getting new mounts just made a separate issue stand out more, rather than being a problem with the new mounts. When I get the car back this afternoon, I have a couple ideas for trying to smooth out the idle. A while back, a cylinder #4 misfire was fixed by my mechanic by swapping in a new fuel injector, however, trying to fix the problem myself, I had previously bought a new ignition coil and put it in, so maybe that coil is not functioning as well as the original one, which I still have.

If the mechanic doesn't find anything wrong, I'm going to put fuel injector cleaner in the tank, then drive it around, and if that doesn't do anything, I'm going to put the old ignition coil back in there.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 AM

So we not sure if those mounts were good or not then. dammit.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM

What's wrong with your mounts? You can always poly fill them or eBay is good I know what people say it's eBay. But your the buyer remember, buying the cheap stiff, there is alot of legit stuff on there.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:32 PM

Dont mind my last reply didnt read the whole thread, You can check if your coils are bad by disconnecting them as the car is on to see if the idle fluxualtes up or down. Any check engine light?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM

I bought DEA tranny mount, going to install in a few days when it comes in. I can't really give you much feedback on vibration because my car is lowered and I have 3 other poly mounts.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:51 PM

After a round-trip from Philadelphia to D.C. this past weekend, I felt the car had a little more vibration than it used to, before having the new motor mounts installed, and I took it back to my mechanic this morning for a look. My wife also felt there was just a bit more vibration with the new mounts than before.

I realize the car is 17 years old, but I was hoping it would be real smooth when idling, with the new mounts. The car also has a shimmy at higher speeds but that was going on before getting the mounts so I'll look into getting the tires balanced and aligned at some point.

Maybe getting new mounts just made a separate issue stand out more, rather than being a problem with the new mounts. When I get the car back this afternoon, I have a couple ideas for trying to smooth out the idle. A while back, a cylinder #4 misfire was fixed by my mechanic by swapping in a new fuel injector, however, trying to fix the problem myself, I had previously bought a new ignition coil and put it in, so maybe that coil is not functioning as well as the original one, which I still have.

If the mechanic doesn't find anything wrong, I'm going to put fuel injector cleaner in the tank, then drive it around, and if that doesn't do anything, I'm going to put the old ignition coil back in there.
Youre probably right and found something else by fixing another. Thats where I am now. I lowered my car and found out I need my LCAs replaced AND my rear motor mount....
Old 06-05-2012, 06:51 PM

So we not sure if those mounts were good or not then. dammit.
LOL! I know right....
Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 AM

what is that poly something you guys talks about??? is it easy o do?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:04 PM

finally replaced my rear motor mount with an Anchor one, it was a PITA, heavy lifting in a awkward position.... result- BIG difference, my OEM was completley torn apart. the Anchor one was identical to OEM with the exception of having to spread the mount ears a little to make it slide onto the crosssmember....

it reduced a nasty vibration I have on acceleration, its still kinda there, so I might end up doing the other mounts aswell....If I do, Im going with Anchor. As far a how long they last, time will tell....
Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stagnet04
finally replaced my rear motor mount with an Anchor one, it was a PITA, heavy lifting in a awkward position.... result- BIG difference, my OEM was completley torn apart. the Anchor one was identical to OEM with the exception of having to spread the mount ears a little to make it slide onto the crosssmember....

it reduced a nasty vibration I have on acceleration, its still kinda there, so I might end up doing the other mounts aswell....If I do, Im going with Anchor. As far a how long they last, time will tell....
Yes it may work for now but we will know from the quality of the rubber how long it will last. What warranty do you have on the mount?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by whiteSE
energy suspension??? i loved them on my 4th gen
hell no!! total junk, mine wore out in a year, crap!!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:04 AM

ok, so anchor works for now it sounds like. Stealership still in the lead until something else is found.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:30 PM

ok, so anchor works for now it sounds like. Stealership still in the lead until something else is found.
The stealership may sound bad but look at the 5th gen mounts. They are liquid filled and cost over $200 for one versus ~$100 for one of ours...
Old 06-30-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
Yes it may work for now but we will know from the quality of the rubber how long it will last. What warranty do you have on the mount?
I got a 12 month warranty.... so well see, now that iv done it, it should be a lot easier next time if I have to change it again...

you can never really go wrong with the stealership OEM part, Iv had parts go bad early from them too though, so its just kinda hit or miss you know....