4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Dek swap minor questions....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:55 AM

Dek swap minor questions....

Ok, the time is almost here for me, i know there have been ALOT of members swapped but i have some questions i have not seen answered yet..

Basically ill be swapping a 2000 dek into my 99. i have read about the injector clips and the vias harnesses,buti see people talking about 4th gen iacv and 4th gen evap system with egr and all that happy stuff.Basically my car is a 99 cali spec car, and from what im seeing around online as far as pictures and part numbers go,the 99 egr is the same as the dek's,so in theory i should be able to run a dek egr system correct?? ALSO the 99 iacv looks to be the same as a dek's iacv as well?? ive never reallt done a swap before but im growing old of my mevi and its currently for sale and i got a deal on a dek engine thats im working on going pickup. aside from the injectors vias and the other stuff mentioned is there anything else people have come across when doing this swap that hasnt been mentioned in the other 1000 threads ive already read?? I know theres a bunch of you around that have done this and alot of people are going to advise on a 3.5 swap...no thanks, this swap is being done for ease and quickness. my car is a 99 se-l with cali emissions and the previous owner blew the motor back in 04 and been running a fed spec engine since then,obviously i got a ton of codes and i dont really want to repin my harness as the engine in my car has a RMS leak and i been chasing a stumble/misfire for a month now so i figured time to start fresh. ALSO the swirl valves....my car came with them from the factory,has anyone succesfully used them in a dek swap?? the only thing i plan on retaining from my engine are the fed spec manifolds due to my wsp fed ypipe.... ill worry about the extra o2 sensor after the car is running or ill get an o2 sim for it...any help would be appreciated as i start this "project" it will be a few months before i actually drop it into the car as im going to replace gaskets and make sure there are no leaks and obviously im going to make it "shine" and look as clean and new as possible before install!! itll be mater to my 5mt for now...So any pointers the can be offered are appreciated!