4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

2 tone paint job on 1998 max???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by MaxFiyah
damn bro your car looks off the hook with the stillen lip and g35 rims only thing i would do is tints and i saw you have the 3.5 swap damn bro u like going fast? i always wanted to have a hella fast car and rice the **** out of it and race mad fools and suprise them lmao but its not worth it cause i have no money lmao
Yes I like going fast. 8k of engine work, but I am not trying to build a sleeper here. No suprises from frank, hence the more agressive stance, body kit, and such. I want the paint to be on par.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:02 AM

damn bro your car looks off the hook with the stillen lip and g35 rims only thing i would do is tints and i saw you have the 3.5 swap damn bro u like going fast? i always wanted to have a hella fast car and rice the **** out of it and race mad fools and suprise them lmao but its not worth it cause i have no money lmao

and HOLY **** @ that 2 tone job... come on no one thinks that looks good?? forreal??
Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 AM

OMG, that looks rice as crap! and you can tell he did it with a rattle can. Look at the cheap fog lights stuffed beside the front plate or the cheezy mirrors. Dude you need to clean your car up tremendously. litch....I honestly think you will regret it. It's very hard to pull off a two tone and gold/beige is not a one of those colors. IMO - unless it's a classic..I wouldn't do the two tone. VQ'rInWLA - your colors with the silver and black looks clean and I think there is a 6th gen on the site that has the siver and black as well. Those color combos are the best you are going to get.

MaxFiyah - were you poking fun or something..I hope so, I caught the rice comment but I don't thing litch go it..as his reply was serious.

Last edited by max1008; 09-25-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 AM

3.5 SWAP DAMN BRO U WAN GO FAST ?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by GGENIUS
3.5 SWAP DAMN BRO U WAN GO FAST ?

sprint:
Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Got Retrofit?

OP, your current kit is from Ionic Dynamics. I'd switch to a Stillen front lip before getting that front body kit.

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...N&model=MAXIMA
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by max1008
OMG, that looks rice as crap! and you can tell he did it with a rattle can. Look at the cheap fog lights stuffed beside the front plate or the cheezy mirrors. Dude you need to clean your car up tremendously. litch....I honestly think you will regret it. It's very hard to pull off a two tone and gold/beige is not a one of those colors.

MaxFiyah - were you poking fun or something..I hope so, I caught the rice comment but I don't thing litch go it..as his reply was serious.

I am actually kinda diggin the gold/black 2 tone. The initial shock of that ugly outback was almost enough to make me throw the towel in on the two tone idea, however upon closer inspection of the idirty and the gold and black 2 tone I believe there is a distinct winner in this battle of opinions, which is:
2 tone is possible if following a few rules/guidelines. So far these are, tie your paint/rims/ stance together. both the idirty and the gold and black had rims that tied their colorscheme together. Also follow the natural cut in the body about 8 in above the sideskirt, and finally get.it.done.professionally. (not that I'm saying the black and gold one wasn't, he prefaced the pics saying the salt n rocks messed his car up.)

And just another thing I noticed.... the .org has no thread for exterior paint/work
...???? I see everything else... is paint the redheaded stepchild of the org?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:40 AM

OMG, that looks rice as crap! and you can tell he did it with a rattle can. Look at the cheap fog lights stuffed beside the front plate or the cheezy mirrors. Dude you need to clean your car up tremendously. litch....I honestly think you will regret it. It's very hard to pull off a two tone and gold/beige is not a one of those colors. IMO - unless it's a classic..I wouldn't do the two tone. VQ'rInWLA - your colors with the silver and black looks clean and I think there is a 6th gen on the site that has the siver and black as well. Those color combos are the best you are going to get.

i hated the mirrors, but i got it that way and ive LONG SENCE took them off and put stock back on and took the stupid fog lights off the front bumper. and tell me how you think it was rattle canned
Old 09-25-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
OP, your current kit is from Ionic Dynamics. I'd switch to a Stillen front lip before getting that front body kit.

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...N&model=MAXIMA
u talking about my max???? to tell the truth I have never been able to tell the difference in those 2 kits. I couldn't tell you which it is since I didn't buy that, came on the car when I bought it... either way I already have the 34 front bumper at the paint shop... so we shall see... if I hate it I can always put the stillen lip back on as I have the oem front bumper & grille
Old 09-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by litch
u talking about my max???? to tell the truth I have never been able to tell the difference in those 2 kits.
You have an Ionic Dynamics kit, trust me. Their front is "bland" IMO:

While Stillen is much more "aggressive" IMO:

Sorry if the pics are huge. They're not mine.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:50 AM

THis I like! with the windows tinted I bet that is clean! this is what I had in mind sir. if you don't mind me asking what did it run you?
couple hundred bucks. wasnt bad at all. i had them put in some really small flake to give it the same kind of look at the original paint
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=ChrisMan287;8617291]You have an Ionic Dynamics kit, trust me. Their front is "bland" IMO:

While Stillen is much more "aggressive" IMO:

ooooooohhhhh, daddy like. yeah that's what I noticed on mine was it just lacked that aggresive edge. they r cheap I already checked...if the r34 style isnt quite what I want 175 to do that isn't a terrible way to go. I do believe I owe you a beer.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kuhn_man
couple hundred bucks. wasnt bad at all. i had them put in some really small flake to give it the same kind of look at the original paint
*pushes all of his chips into the pot* I'm All In.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Got Retrofit?

ooooooohhhhh, daddy like. yeah that's what I noticed on mine was it just lacked that aggresive edge. they r cheap I already checked...if the r34 style isnt quite what I want 175 to do that isn't a terrible way to go. I do believe I owe you a beer.
I'll take $5 instead
Old 09-25-2012, 12:02 PM

i hated the mirrors, but i got it that way and ive LONG SENCE took them off and put stock back on and took the stupid fog lights off the front bumper. and tell me how you think it was rattle canned
Ok rattle can quality paint but I suspect stil rattle can..poll anyone? That thing is chipping so bad on the front end, you can see the beige paint coming through where chipped on the front (not prepped right) and the whole black looks so dull. Def. a poor quality job. Sorry, I'm a hater on this!

I would plastidip my whole car or find a way to get that black off and that pin stripe. The black paint with the black rims just washes your car out and you can't show off it's natural lines. Maybe that's why I like the other better than this is that the darker is on top while the lighter color is on bottom.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:08 PM

No offense, everyone's style and likes are different (that's why there are german cars around,lol). Go with what you want and you like, I did even though there were those that didn't like my blacked out grill and tailights..**cough cough**wish I would have listened**cough cough**and now I'm having to dish out cash to replace all my lights and repaint my front grill.

Good luck to you
Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 PM

i dont think its spray paint. Its wayyyy to clean for spray paint.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:21 PM

def not spray paint. salt + crappy midwest roads for sure...
Old 09-25-2012, 03:27 PM

I am actually kinda diggin the gold/black 2 tone. The initial shock of that ugly outback was almost enough to make me throw the towel in on the two tone idea, however upon closer inspection of the idirty and the gold and black 2 tone I believe there is a distinct winner in this battle of opinions, which is:
2 tone is possible if following a few rules/guidelines. So far these are, tie your paint/rims/ stance together. both the idirty and the gold and black had rims that tied their colorscheme together. Also follow the natural cut in the body about 8 in above the sideskirt, and finally get.it.done.professionally. (not that I'm saying the black and gold one wasn't, he prefaced the pics saying the salt n rocks messed his car up.)

And just another thing I noticed.... the .org has no thread for exterior paint/work
...???? I see everything else... is paint the redheaded stepchild of the org?
i try and talk about paint all the time cuz body work/paint is what i do for a living. but its not talked about often on the org.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM

No offense, everyone's style and likes are different (that's why there are german cars around,lol). Go with what you want and you like, I did even though there were those that didn't like my blacked out grill and tailights..**cough cough**wish I would have listened**cough cough**and now I'm having to dish out cash to replace all my lights and repaint my front grill.

Good luck to you

I got you man, but I already know I am not gonna please everyone, someone is always gonna have different taste, oppinion, etc.. But there are some unforgivable things that can/have been done to a max, like that one rediculous donk max that was on the org a while back... it kinda made me die a little inside. And also my financial situation is such that a 400 dollar mistake in judgement isnt gonna break the bank, so I can kinda play for a bit.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:52 PM

as promised

now the rims and pin stripe along with the window tint tie it to the rest of the car. salt and rocks from illinois ruined my front bumper by the time the second picture was taken

edit: ive had all the windows tinted sence both of these were taken
wtf is that? Did you do that with spray paint? jesus christ you were better off leaving it alone even if the paint was sh1tty you just made it soo much worse.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Crusher103
wtf is that? Did you do that with spray paint? jesus christ you were better off leaving it alone even if the paint was sh1tty you just made it soo much worse.
how do you figure. and what makes you say it was rattle canned.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 PM

Yes I like going fast. 8k of engine work, but I am not trying to build a sleeper here. No suprises from frank, hence the more agressive stance, body kit, and such. I want the paint to be on par.
thats cool as hell man and i hope you make it look like a beast as much as it is under the hood sleepers are cool but can be boring to look at lol
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 PM

and HOLY **** @ that 2 tone job... come on no one thinks that looks good?? forreal??
yea i guess that deserved a ... but wouldnt it be funny to see a ugly riced out car beat a 80k corvette in a race o.O
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 PM

o no i didnt mean it as disrespect i meant it as in im serious dead *** if i were rich thats what i would do for fun lol i dont make enemies with fellow maxima owners or dont intend to on the web or even real life lol
Old 09-25-2012, 11:05 PM

you think i dont know a rattle can job when i see one? It looks hilariously cheap and you ruined your car with it. Congratulations.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 AM

yea i guess that deserved a ... but wouldnt it be funny to see a ugly riced out car beat a 80k corvette in a race o.O
???? are you saying you have never seen this? I haven't seen many ugly riced out cars, after all 2fast 2furious came out like 10 years ago and the breed of rice it spawned has all but dissapeared...or thankfully been changed...but back to.the matter of the z06 losing to a "rice burner," google it. you will be suprised at the sheer quantity of cars that can hold their own.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 AM

the ... was in response to the use of the word "tints"
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 AM

dude paint doesnt chip off THAT easily from rocks, unless the paint underneath WAS NOT prepped at all. or it was rattlecanned. if you honestly paid someone to do that ****ty *** job, well thats even worse than you doing it yourself.

i dont know what youre seeing when you look at that horrible *** out of place paint job, but every one sees shotty work.

there maybe that was clear enough for you?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 AM

???? are you saying you have never seen this? I haven't seen many ugly riced out cars, after all 2fast 2furious came out like 10 years ago and the breed of rice it spawned has all but dissapeared...or thankfully been changed...but back to.the matter of the z06 losing to a "rice burner," google it. you will be suprised at the sheer quantity of cars that can hold their own.
yea i seen it b4 but id like to see it more often lol. did you ever think of getting a carbon fiber hood? and i like watching the fast and the furious movies lol
Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 AM

once you finish the exterior of your car litch i would really like to see the outcome
Old 09-26-2012, 08:17 AM

dude paint doesnt chip off THAT easily from rocks, unless the paint underneath WAS NOT prepped at all. or it was rattlecanned. if you honestly paid someone to do that ****ty *** job, well thats even worse than you doing it yourself.

i dont know what youre seeing when you look at that horrible *** out of place paint job, but every one sees shotty work.

I thought I was pretty blunt about it was well.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:14 AM

Aftermarket Nissan paint is TERRIBLE with rock chips. Idk if he used an actual nissan color but after working in a collision repair shop, it's clear that the nissan paint is probably the worst for rock chips
Old 09-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by CallMeThatOneGuy
Aftermarket Nissan paint is TERRIBLE with rock chips. Idk if he used an actual nissan color but after working in a collision repair shop, it's clear that the nissan paint is probably the worst for rock chips
doesnt help when you rearend someone as well. and living on a gravel road for over two years
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 AM

once you finish the exterior of your car litch i would really like to see the outcome
oh for sure man, it is getting a new wiring harness now so... waiting for that...
Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM

yea i seen it b4 but id like to see it more often lol. did you ever think of getting a carbon fiber hood? and i like watching the fast and the furious movies lol
yes I thought about it, but that's purely asthetic and expensive and I am a long way from making a yes or no on that one
Old 09-26-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by CallMeThatOneGuy
i painted my car with "aftermarket" KH3. why isnt mine chipping? oh thats right because a paintjob is like 80% prep and pretty much nothing to do with OEM or aftermarket paint?

its clear as ****in day that little prep work was done before that car was sprayed, and if you worked in a body shop you should be able to recognize a **** prep job.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:41 PM

i painted my car with "aftermarket" KH3. why isnt mine chipping? oh thats right because a paintjob is like 80% prep and pretty much nothing to do with OEM or aftermarket paint?

its clear as ****in day that little prep work was done before that car was sprayed, and if you worked in a body shop you should be able to recognize a **** prep job.
did i say i paid someone to paint it no. i did it when i was 16. i bought a gallon of paint that costed me $140. i bought a sprayer an air compressor. a sander a whole bunch of paper and tape. i spent 5 days sanding the car cleaning, washing, and preping the car with some type of surface cleaner ment for preping it that i bought at a chevy body shop. my biggest mistake was not having an air dryer for my comressor and had to much moisture in the lines. it i did the same thing for the black on the bottem. it held up fine for over a year but between the gravel and salt it ruined it. i like how it looks color wise but ive always hated how ****ty it turned out. thew out most of this thread with every one ripping on my car no one bothered to ask how it was done or if i even liked how the quality turned out. GGENIUSE im sure sence you say you work at a body shop knows what happens when there is lots of humidity in the air and moisture in the lines to the paint no matter how much prep there is
Old 09-26-2012, 02:45 PM

do you constantly talk out of your *** or do you really believe this crap?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM

so you bought just a gallon of paint? it was single stage? or did you just spray base and not bother with clearcoat? because there is like no finish on the lower color at all

Quick Reply: 2 tone paint job on 1998 max???