4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

how is everyone securing their bumper lights in place?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM

how is everyone securing their bumper lights in place?

has anyone devised a good way to keep their bumper lights in place? im reviving a car thats been sitting in my driveway for the last 5 years, and im not loosing another set of lights. particularly the side ones with the 194 bulbs. does anyone have or sell new plastic sockets for the lens's to pop into? velco?
Old 05-25-2013, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by kctyphoon101
has anyone devised a good way to keep their bumper lights in place? im reviving a car thats been sitting in my driveway for the last 5 years, and im not loosing another set of lights. particularly the side ones with the 194 bulbs. does anyone have or sell new plastic sockets for the lens's to pop into? velco?
Shop around on eBay for the clear corner replacements that come with all the hardware.

You have a lot of interest in your wheels BTW.
http://forums.maxima.org/wheels-tire...essio-f1s.html

Post a price already.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:28 PM

??? im not getting any emails about responses.. and i have a new set of lights i bought a while ago that didnt come with any other hardware except the male ends already installed. they make no difference.. things have sure changed around here. love all the pop ups..
Old 05-25-2013, 05:58 PM

??? im not getting any emails about responses.. and i have a new set of lights i bought a while ago that didnt come with any other hardware except the male ends already installed. they make no difference.. things have sure changed around here. love all the pop ups..
**use Firefox with Adblock plus add on.
Here you go.
http://bit.ly/16hnpD6
Came with all hardware.
Same one I got less than 6 months ago.

Last edited by Fakie J Farkerton; 05-25-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:55 PM

you just joined?? how would you know about teh old school org
Old 05-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Black Lion

I know exactly what you are talking about, the side lamp currently uses a bolt with a nipple type head that pops into a plastic grommet/housing in the bumper. If you hit hard bumps in the road the lamp can pop out of place. You don't know how many 4th gen Maximas I have seen with that lamp dangling on the side while driving. The current mounting method from the factory also makes them easy to steal.

You have to put remove the bolt from the lamp and reinstall it from behind the bumper lamp with a big washer. Use a small adjustable wrench or an open end wrench to tighten that bolt back into the back of the lamp. This is also a theft deterrent because they can not be popped off when you put that bolt in from behind the bumper with a big washer. Very easy to do.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by maxprivate
I know exactly what you are talking about, the side lamp currently uses a bolt with a nipple type head that pops into a plastic grommet/housing in the bumper. If you hit hard bumps in the road the lamp can pop out of place. You don't know how many 4th gen Maximas I have seen with that lamp dangling on the side while driving. The current mounting method from the factory also makes them easy to steal.

You have to put remove the bolt from the lamp and reinstall it from behind the bumper lamp with a big washer. Use a small adjustable wrench or an open end wrench to tighten that bolt back into the back of the lamp. This is also a theft deterrent because they can not be popped off when you put that bolt in from behind the bumper with a big washer. Very easy to do.

i like this idea, correct me if im wrong, but i think there is some sort of air dam, or cover just behind the bumper that i will need to remove to gain access to space behind the lights if u try to reach under and behind...

i just pulled a bunch of 3m mounting tape out from behind my old ones that worked for a little while until i finally lost one on the highway.. i dont even have the plugs that hold the bulbs anymore..
Old 05-25-2013, 09:03 PM

Get this part number.

26399-40U00

One for each side and they won't pop out.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by benjie
Get this part number.

26399-40U00

One for each side and they won't pop out.

what part exacty is that? the male or female? both? im assuming is the female plug, but when i google the part number every site lists a different description, and all for different vehicles.. one site calls it a fog light grommet, but shows pictures of an Armada fog light houshing and socket.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:11 PM

It's a nylon grommet. See reference # 26110J in the drawing. It is near the bottom of the drawing to the right of the center line.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...1822_1832.html

Scroll down into the parts listings and click on the 26110J to get a photo.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
It's a nylon grommet. See reference # 26110J in the drawing. It is near the bottom of the drawing to the right of the center line.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...1822_1832.html

Scroll down into the parts listings and click on the 26110J to get a photo.
im gonna order these rite now.. didnt think anyone would have a part number for these...

i know im pushing my luck here, but would you happen to have a part number for the short socket and plug harness that hold the 194 bulbs for the side light? there seems to be a short wire set with a 2 prong plug, and the 194 bulb socket im missing.. i think i gave up on the lights and just unpluged the harness and threw em away years ago.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:07 AM

ok - little confused here. i found the socket for the 194 bulb for the clearance light, and i see the picture of the reference number for the grommet. is the part number your telling me to buy a different grommet than the one that is made for the maxima, and thats why it comes up as a titan/armada part when i goggle it? or is it the same exact part?
im asking because if its the same thing, then why not just buy the one for lens in the picture? and if its different, whats different? sorry but its just not clear..
Old 05-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Black Lion

i like this idea, correct me if im wrong, but i think there is some sort of air dam, or cover just behind the bumper that i will need to remove to gain access to space behind the lights if u try to reach under and behind...

i just pulled a bunch of 3m mounting tape out from behind my old ones that worked for a little while until i finally lost one on the highway.. i dont even have the plugs that hold the bulbs anymore..
Its actually a piece of plastic to protect that area under the car from water and debri etc Just remove it. It should be 10mm bolts. Once that's off you can easily reach behind and put the bolt in from behind Like I described. Do it like I'm telling you and you will not have any problems anymore. Jack the car up on the side your working on to make more space to work.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 AM

I just put a drop or two of superglue on the metal nipple before I install them. It keeps them from falling out on their own but is still easy to remove with a flathead screwdriver.. I like the idea of replacing the nipple with a bolt, though.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Noir
I just put a drop or two of superglue on the metal nipple before I install them. It keeps them from falling out on their own but is still easy to remove with a flathead screwdriver.. I like the idea of replacing the nipple with a bolt, though.
yea i like that idea too.. i ordered the new grommets anyway, cause i needed the sockets for the bulbs anyway.. so i think what im gonna do is wait till i get the new grommet and see whats its like when a new one is installed. if its not totally secure than ill go with the bolt from the back.. i think itll be good with the new grommet though, should be like it was when new..
im not really worried about people stealing it - its an old car now - most people have moved onto something newer, and its just gonna be in my driveway next to my other cars anyway.. until it gets put up for sale that is...
Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 AM

ok - little confused here. i found the socket for the 194 bulb for the clearance light, and i see the picture of the reference number for the grommet. is the part number your telling me to buy a different grommet than the one that is made for the maxima, and thats why it comes up as a titan/armada part when i goggle it? or is it the same exact part?
im asking because if its the same thing, then why not just buy the one for lens in the picture? and if its different, whats different? sorry but its just not clear..
Nissan used that part from 1994 to 2010 (I think) in many models that they built. Pieces like this are like nuts and bolts, can be used in a lot of different places.

Here is a list of what Nissan vehicles use that part:
http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_...er=26399-40U00