4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

does a list of every sensor and possible symptoms exist ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:01 AM

does a list of every sensor and possible symptoms exist ?

been searching through the stickies, and googled a few times. is there a simple list that has been compiled of all the sensors in this car, that explains what they do, and what the most common symptoms are when they go bad? a location map of all sensors in the engine bay would be a big help also..

havent found anything like this yet in the stickies and im just thinking if there was one, it wouldnt be so hard to find..
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM

All the locations are listed in the FSM.
Very detailed too.

Then there is a section in the stickys that shows what CEL code means exactly what.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by kctyphoon101
been searching through the stickies, and googled a few times. is there a simple list that has been compiled of all the sensors in this car, that explains what they do, and what the most common symptoms are when they go bad? a location map of all sensors in the engine bay would be a big help also..

havent found anything like this yet in the stickies and im just thinking if there was one, it wouldnt be so hard to find..
FSM addresses your statements in bold.

I nominate you to come up with a location map, and a full write-up like you mentioned. I'll add it to the stickies.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:43 AM

For a location map, I nominate the location drawings in section EC of the FSM. They start somewhere between page 10 and 15, depending on the year the FSM is for.

Also of value is the index of section EC. It is is sequential by the DTC Pxxxx code.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
FSM addresses your statements in bold.

I nominate you to come up with a location map, and a full write-up like you mentioned. I'll add it to the stickies.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
All the locations are listed in the FSM.
Very detailed too.

Then there is a section in the stickys that shows what CEL code means exactly what.
i didnt ask for what the CEL codes meant. and seeing as you have the time to make almost 1,300 comments on other people's threads in the last year, i figure you might have more time than me to help out - SINCE ITS OBVIOUS YOUR ONLY HERE TO HELP RIGHT?

edit .. and i asked cause i did search though most of the stickies, and googled, and binged and after alot of time i still didnt find any.

aslo - i cant download the service manual - and it seems it would be much quicker and easier it it was all in one page, with a simple explantion. if i had all the info i might be willing to do it.. hasnt been a whole lot of motivation from the same person that ****** around on EVERYONE'S threads..

Last edited by kctyphoon101; 05-27-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:10 PM

I'll say this nicely.

Go **** yourself.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:17 PM

Your answer was "No it does not exist" and then "Check the FSM and see if it helps". I do not see why you're so angry.. But you are clearly in the wrong forum if THAT is why you're butthurt.

/thread

Am I ibtl twice in one day?!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by kctyphoon101
aslo - i cant download the service manual - and it seems it would be much quicker and easier it it was all in one page, with a simple explantion. if i had all the info i might be willing to do it.. hasnt been a whole lot of motivation from the same person that ****** around on EVERYONE'S threads..
Why can't you download? You have internet access as you are posting here on the org. I don't understand.

But not being able to download is kind of immaterial. You could read the FSM on-line without downloading it, same as if there was a list here on the org.

Last edited by DennisMik; 05-27-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Why can't you download? You have internet access as you are posting here on the org. I don't understand.

But not being able to download is kind of immaterial. You could read the FSM on-line without downloading it, same as if there was a list here on the org.

there is a reason why i cant download it on why im using.. and i stated before - i did look , and search, and unless you know where the thing is, aparently its not as simple as using google, or bing, or the search function to find it.. just seems to me if people know where the info is, a link would be nice, cause i stated, i cant find it.

Last edited by kctyphoon101; 05-27-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
I'll say this nicely.

Go **** yourself.

yea id be upset if i were from Kansas too.. does that mean you wont be helping with the sensor list??

and for the record - we can keep this up - but dont be crying to moderators and sending pm's complaining like a little girl.

interesting facts about kansas

Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats.
Pedestrians crossing the highways at night must wear tail lights.
No one may catch fish with his bare hands.
The state game rule prohibits the use of mules to hunt ducks.
If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed.

Last edited by kctyphoon101; 05-27-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:06 PM

What ever you are using to access the internet should be able to open this link

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Maxima/

now go read in the FSM for what you are looking for. Nobody is going to go out of their way to spoonfeed you and make YOU some detailed schematic.

What you are looking for does not exist in a single post. And since you are the one who wants it, why do you expect someone else to go make it?

Last edited by tigersharkdude; 05-27-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:55 PM

ya know.. i didnt ASK anyone to make anything. all i ASKED was for direction to WHERE i could find my own info.. and instead of just positng a link, to something i know people have saved to favorites, which is what would happen on any other car forum, i get told to find it myself after i just said i tried and couldnt find.. you guys make it sound like somone asked you to donate a kidney by pasting a web address.. but thank you - i just dont know why people make it as difficlult as possible.. now i know why theres always 100 people viweing, and only 2 people post in any threads.. nobody wants to be bothered with the nonsense in here

and oh - i already posted a map of the sensors for the next guy , and i didnt complain about doing it either..