4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Another Auto vs 5speed question (please dont flame)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 PM

im not even gonna read through what everyone else has said, but im happy to give some good advice.. if your car is running and driving fine - LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE. please dont start dumping time and money into a $2500 car that doesnt have anything wrong with it,ESPECIALLY if this is what your driving everyday. if you have the parts, keep them. if your trans goes in the future - then do it, and avoid paying $1800 - $2000 for a rebuild on a car thats only worth a little more than that. chances are this is just a phase your going through, and it will pass as soon as something else grabs your attention. you are just asking for a head ache and will likely kick yourself in the @ss later for inventing your own problems..
Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by kctyphoon101
im not even gonna read through what everyone else has said, but im happy to give some good advice.. if your car is running and driving fine - LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE. please dont start dumping time and money into a $2500 car that doesnt have anything wrong with it,ESPECIALLY if this is what your driving everyday. if you have the parts, keep them. if your trans goes in the future - then do it, and avoid paying $1800 - $2000 for a rebuild on a car thats only worth a little more than that. chances are this is just a phase your going through, and it will pass as soon as something else grabs your attention. you are just asking for a head ache and will likely kick yourself in the @ss later for inventing your own problems..
Thanx man, yea I decided to keep it auto, well even if its only worth 2500 I love my max and I am spending money on it, making it look good and also a lil faster, but is just the love for the car, and trust me if any other car had caught my attention I would off got it, I have a need for a 4 door and so far this was my pick because I love the look and the performance of the car, thanx again I really appreciate all the advises ;-)
Old 06-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by PowerTotheMax
Actually it not downshifting at a rolling stop is normal behavior in 4th gen AT. To get it into 1st you must come to a complete stop. Pretty annoying though.
I understand that. That's why I responded to his mentioning stubbornness downshifting from 3rd gear
Old 06-13-2013, 05:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I've got a shift fork.
That's some funny chit right there!