4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Power Stop K662 Front/Rear Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor On

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:30 PM

Power Stop K662 Front/Rear Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor On

Ok so it's time to replace Rotors and Pads on the Maxi. I have $75.00 in Amazon gift cards that I need to spend, so I found this kit on Amazon.

Power Stop K662 Front/Rear Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor One-Click Brake Kit Power Stop K662 Front/Rear Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor One-Click Brake Kit

Anyone have knowledge good or bad on this kit?

Last edited by ShogunTX; 08-01-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:06 AM

I thought about getting those, but I decided not to. They're cheaply made, and are nowhere close to performance brakes. If you could fine rotors that are just slotted it would be ok. Drilled the wau they do it, it eats up the pads and makes the rotor weaker. Any splash of cool water while they are hot, and it will warp and/or crack,and you'll have to replace them again. I would just find some nice Raybestos rotors and pads.

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android
Old 08-02-2013, 04:08 AM

brembo's are dirt cheap, look around and you'll find a set for around 150.00 to 200.00. i added akibono quiet stop pads for another 55.00, never had an issue with this combo, low dust, quiet stops. link http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...axima&_sacat=0 i'm only assuming you need front pads http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...axima&_sacat=0

Last edited by max ride 41; 08-02-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

All looks, no power. There's to much rotor material removed with all the machine work. Believe it or not, your best rotor is a good blank. A blank offers the most friction surface for the pad to bite onto. As max ride mentioned, the akibono pads are excellent, coupe them with a good blank and you've got some really nice brakes.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:19 AM

I love how the people with some of the most stock 4th gens here are talking about braking power

It's for looks, it's at a good price, if he doesn't drive like me (Captain Jackass) it's a good buy.

Lay off.

Those pads may be extra dusty though.... I'd try to buy the drilled/slotted rotors for cheap alone and buy some Autozone/Oriely's/Whatever lifetime warranty pads though.

I'm taking a leap of faith in saying this... But anyone looking for performance should know better than to stick w/ stock 4th gen rotors/calipers..... I'm just going to assume the OP is after the looks.

Last edited by aackshun; 08-02-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally Posted by aackshun
I love how the people with some of the most stock 4th gens here are talking about braking power

Interesting how people that don't know the true history of others make assumptions.
knowledge comes from education & experience.
I like to share my knowledge.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 AM

i've read many a thread about op's expirience's with drilled/slotted rotors and have never heard a happy one. they suck the life out of your pads and they don't last. true story from someone who has used them.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun

It's for looks, it's at a good price, if he doesn't drive like me (Captain Jackass) it's a good buy.

Lay off.

Those pads may be extra dusty though.... I'd try to buy the drilled/slotted rotors for cheap alone and buy some Autozone/Oriely's/Whatever lifetime warranty pads though.

I'm taking a leap of faith in saying this... But anyone looking for performance should know better than to stick w/ stock 4th gen rotors/calipers..... I'm just going to assume the OP is after the looks.
Originally Posted by njmaxseltd

Interesting how people that don't know the true history of others make assumptions.

lol

Originally Posted by max ride 41
i've read many a thread about op's expirience's with drilled/slotted rotors and have never heard a happy one. they suck the life out of your pads and they don't last. true story from someone who has used them.
Gotta agree with NJ and Maxride.

If you just looking for good stopping power then get some blanks and a good set of pads. I got the duralast golds and they bite good. Wagner is good too.

Drilled and slotted are for looks man.

And www.rockauto.com all day for those parts
Old 08-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd

I had a long post typed...

But I honestly really don't care anymore. My point has been made.

Have a nice day. Enjoy this thread.