4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

Originally posted by Anachronism

I think greg is going to ship all the back ordered ones first, that might take him a while. I ordered mine months ago, so I should get them before you
that's assuring...
Old 01-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I hope that knocking on my door is them or I'll go postal and shoot everyone!
Old 01-22-2002, 06:58 PM

i ordered mine months ago too who knows, maybe ill get mine before you
Old 01-22-2002, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

the knockin on my door wasnt them... people around me betta watch their backs
I'll be ****ed if I dont get em in a week...
Old 01-23-2002, 02:35 PM

krzymax, your like my twin!!!hehe, i have a 99 se-l, sherwood green exactly liek yours, even have the same mods with pr cai, and the clears fromg reg on the way :0
Old 01-23-2002, 03:47 PM

i want a set..i didn't get the chance to order,,since u have 1000 set and only 600 buyers,,can i be number 601..please reply..
Old 01-23-2002, 05:30 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

hey..
when someone receives them, please post it right away.. that way the rest of us will know that they are in the mail
i can't wait
Old 01-23-2002, 05:39 PM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
hey..
when someone receives them, please post it right away.. that way the rest of us will know that they are in the mail
i can't wait
I am kind of expecting those suckers to already be in the mail.... BTW, when I do recieve them, posting about it will be the second thing on my mind. Those suckers are going in ASAP!!!!!! My old max had clears, and this one is just driving me crazy without them...
Old 01-23-2002, 06:05 PM

do you guys know if hyper white bulbs are legal inside the clear corners? I have new polarg superwhite bulbs waiting to be put in the clearance lights, and the clear corners (1156's and 194's) amd cops tend to be *******s in my town especially to young kids. Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-23-2002, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by maximaracer28
do you guys know if hyper white bulbs are legal inside the clear corners? I have new polarg superwhite bulbs waiting to be put in the clearance lights, and the clear corners (1156's and 194's) amd cops tend to be *******s in my town especially to young kids. Thanks,

Mike
Your bulbs have to still flash orange for your lights to be legal. However, on my old ones I had them flash white, and never had any issues. I just didn't use my blinker if a cop was in front of me LOL
Old 01-23-2002, 06:43 PM

what about parking lights? i mean part of the clear corenr is always on and part just blinks, can it be bright white? and then just not flash my blinker when cops arein front of me? i cant stand the orange inside the clears, and i already bought the bulbs anyways
Old 01-23-2002, 09:35 PM

although they'd still flash orange, how about putting in orange leds so at least the clear corners don't have the bit of orange from the orange painted bulbs when the blinkers are off. anyone tried this?
Old 01-23-2002, 09:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

oh my gawd im sooo happy! i ordered these things on october 15th, so im EXTREMELY happy!
Old 01-23-2002, 10:50 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

Originally posted by ShortT
oh my gawd im sooo happy! i ordered these things on october 15th, so im EXTREMELY happy!
i can't even remember when i ordered them...
Old 01-24-2002, 12:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ne max
although they'd still flash orange, how about putting in orange leds so at least the clear corners don't have the bit of orange from the orange painted bulbs when the blinkers are off. anyone tried this?
I think somebody painted the orange bulbs with translucent white paint, they looked white but brightness was not affected much. I am to lazy to search now. I think they may sell white bulbs that blink orange. I don't think the small hint of orange through the lens will bother me.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:48 PM

SIZE=4]WOO HOO[/SIZE] Glad these thigns are finally back. I have been waiting forever. Now this will motivate me to get more mods again. Hey greg someone said that the catbacks were on hol? How Long? I think I wanna add acat back soon.

SuDZ
Old 01-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally posted by ne max
HA!!! I thought I was the only one who thought about this!! I HATE that hint of orange - especially now with my diamond clears. I really want to blink orange but I don't want to see any orange while they're off. I think I am just going to have to blink clear.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by ptatohed

HA!!! I thought I was the only one who thought about this!! I HATE that hint of orange - especially now with my diamond clears. I really want to blink orange but I don't want to see any orange while they're off. I think I am just going to have to blink clear.
They do sell clear lights that blink orange.... forget where though??
Old 01-24-2002, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by ptatohed

i saw amber leds by apc at pepboys - its said amber on the package but looked clear on the outside, so maybe this would work. i'll prob decide after i actually see the diamond cuts on my car with the regular orange bulbs before trying.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:25 PM
mrdeucie

Originally posted by maximaracer28
and then just not flash my blinker when cops arein front of me? i cant stand the orange inside the clears, and i already bought the bulbs anyways
if the cop is **** enough he can give you a ticket for failing to signal which is a moving violation. It's better to blink it and get an equipment violation IMO.

Old 01-25-2002, 02:25 PM

Anyone get there's yet? I can't wait for mine to finnaly come in.

SuDZ
Old 01-28-2002, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ
Anyone get there's yet? I can't wait for mine to finnaly come in.

SuDZ
Anyone? Just cant wait and curious when people start to get theirs.

SuDZ
Old 01-30-2002, 01:21 PM

Anyone? Just cant wait and curious when people start to get theirs.

SuDZ
I think someone has HIJACKED the TRUCK!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

Originally posted by Victim64

I think someone has HIJACKED the TRUCK!!!
stupid Dominic Toretto... why can't he just learn?
Old 01-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
Good news everyone, I got a phone call from my supplier in California a few days ago, he said that all the diamond cut bumper lights have arrived. There is 1000 sets that arrived in the US from Japan and all are coming to me. All of you that are waiting for your sets will have them soon. Their is a huge truck that is in transit right now delivering all of them to me. The day after I receive them, they will be shipped out to everyone that is waiting. Currently their is over 600 people that are waiting for them, and some people have been waiting as long as early September. The delay was because the manufacturer had to redesign the mould because of water leaking problems. That took several months then once they arrived in the US they sat in customs for about 6 weeks.
Thanks for all your patience,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com
was this the same ship/truck that had the 95/96 red/clear tails? or did that ship sink?
BTW last i checked these are NOT made in Japan...unless something has changed significantly on clear corners.
try not to let people down on this one ok Greg...BS only goes so far.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I trust greg, as soon as them come in, im sure he'll send them right away, u just gottah remember how many he had back ordered. Gregs never screwed anyone over, they'll come.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

Originally posted by DanNY

was this the same ship/truck that had the 95/96 red/clear tails? or did that ship sink?
BTW last i checked these are NOT made in Japan...unless something has changed significantly on clear corners.
Careful! Be nice...
Old 01-30-2002, 04:43 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

Re: Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

Greg is a very good businessman. i've ordered many of his parts and his service is great... be careful what you say... a lot of .org members really like Greg...
Old 01-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by CatchnDolphn
I trust greg, as soon as them come in, im sure he'll send them right away, u just gottah remember how many he had back ordered. Gregs never screwed anyone over, they'll come.
it's ok...greg sold/sells stuff here. if you trust him then i have no problems with it. just a past event rubbed me the wrong way. don't want people on here to be sucked in.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:08 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

Originally posted by KrZyMaX

Greg is a very good businessman. i've ordered many of his parts and his service is great... be careful what you say... a lot of .org members really like Greg...
like i said...many are fans of him, some are not..some of the older members knows what i'm talking about.
just do me a favor...when you do get the box...make sure it says made in Japan on it and i'll be happy.
thanks!
Old 01-30-2002, 09:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

like i said...many are fans of him, some are not..some of the older members knows what i'm talking about.
just do me a favor...when you do get the box...make sure it says made in Japan on it and i'll be happy.
thanks!
When I do finally get the box, I won't care if they were made by my next door neighbor, I just WANT THEM ON MY CAR!!!! grrr
Old 01-30-2002, 09:43 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

Originally posted by Victim64

When I do finally get the box, I won't care if they were made by my next door neighbor, I just WANT THEM ON MY CAR!!!! grrr
heehee...understood
Old 01-30-2002, 09:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

heehee...understood
If I find out that my neighbor was the one slowing this down..... he will have it coming

SuDZ
Old 01-30-2002, 09:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This

If I find out that my neighbor was the one slowing this down..... he will have it coming

SuDZ

Yep, I guess soon as I did get them on my car I would get in my car and run that ******* over!!! LOL
Old 01-31-2002, 06:12 AM
Custommaxima.com

Japan????? I figured that they were made in Japan, but guess not. I just inquired about their place or origin and you are right it is not in Japan, it is actually Taiwan. Also found out some more info on why they were held in customs so long. It is a long story but in a nut shell they were not in customs for 3 weeks as I was originally told, they were actually their for 7 weeks. Sheesh. Yes they are on their way to me. No you guys are not getting ripped off. Thanks for your patience, to be honest with you I cannot wait for this bumper light nightmare to be over.

Old 01-31-2002, 06:37 AM

Japan????? I figured that they were made in Japan, but guess not. I just inquired about their place or origin and you are right it is not in Japan, it is actually Taiwan. Also found out some more info on why they were held in customs so long. It is a long story but in a nut shell they were not in customs for 3 weeks as I was originally told, they were actually their for 7 weeks. Sheesh. Yes they are on their way to me. No you guys are not getting ripped off. Thanks for your patience, to be honest with you I cannot wait for this bumper light nightmare to be over.
No worries, most of us are still in good humor about it. Do you have any idea when that truck will arrive??
Old 01-31-2002, 09:13 AM
Custommaxima.com

I was told this week by my supplier and the trucking company called me and said i should have it the beginning of next week. Seems like these days if you want anything done right you have to do it yourself...right?

Old 01-31-2002, 09:33 AM

Waht kinda of shipping is it going to be from you to us? I am just figuring if you get it next week then ship it how long it will be until we get them. I cannot wait for them to get here.

SuDZ
Old 01-31-2002, 09:48 AM
Custommaxima.com

All of them will be shipped out UPS ground. If you want it quicker I can quote you on next day or 2 day air. It is only worth it if you are on the west coast which generally takes 4-5 business days. East coast guys should save your money and stick with ground cause you will have it in 1-2 business days.

Old 01-31-2002, 09:50 AM

All of them will be shipped out UPS ground. If you want it quicker I can quote you on next day or 2 day air. It is only worth it if you are on the west coast which generally takes 4-5 business days. East coast guys should save your money and stick with ground cause you will have it in 1-2 business days.
Works for me since I am on the east Will you be posting here again when everything is shipped out just to let us know? I know this must have been a horrible deal for you on your side as far as the e-mails, complaints and talking to the suppliers.

SuDZ

Quick Reply: All That Order Diamond Cut Bumper Lights Read This