4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Beat by an SI!!! (Kind of long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 06:41 PM

Beat by an SI!!! (Kind of long)

I was on my way to a local rec league basketball game this evening, running down a country road to get the gym. I've got a car in front of me going the speed limit and this guy on my bumper. Finally the guy in front of me turns off on a side road and I stomp on it in second gear. This car behind me is eating me up!! Once I hit 60, I let off and contiued to do the speed limit (him riding my bumper the enitre way). We get to a long open stretch of highway and he guns it past me. I noticed that it was a Civic SI (sounded really good, like it was sucking up some serious air) but riding on stock rims and what looked like stock exhaust. I let him get around me, threw it into third and started to pursue. He stepped on it again and started pulling away at a decent pace. Even at 100 he was steadily pulling. I've consitantly outran modified SI's before and never got hurt this bad. I was embarassed. I let off and started driving normal. At the stop sign at the end of the road he waved and I gave him brights. He turned one way and I turned the other. What in the world could have made him pull me that bad???!!! Turbo...supercharger...I don't think just nitrous would have done that, would it? Or maybe it was because I filled my gas tank up today and it made my car too heavy . Guess I'm going to have to get a y-pipe and exhaust at the end of the month and hope I run into him again.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:44 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Believe in NOS.

Did you hear a pitch/whione for a blower?

Maybe he was just really modded. And you with out a y-pipe, are going to a gun fight with a knife.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:47 PM

well.....an si has like 160HP stock.....and its a pretty light car....and who knows what mods he is hiding under that hood......i think its time for you to spend a few bucks and get a cai and a Y pipe......and if u wanna sound even sexier get a greddy catback
Old 01-17-2002, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by bags533
Believe in NOS.

Did you hear a pitch/whione for a blower?

Maybe he was just really modded. And you with out a y-pipe, are going to a gun fight with a knife.
I know I would have done better with a y-pipe, just give me two more weeks. There was a tone as he drove by that I have never quite heard except for one place...my friend drives an Eclipse GST with an intake and a Greddy BOV. Although I didn't hear this Civic shift as he went past me, the sound coming from his enigne did remind me a little bit of the sound coming from my friend's engine compartment.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:06 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by JMKeehn

I know I would have done better with a y-pipe, just give me two more weeks. There was a tone as he drove by that I have never quite heard except for one place...my friend drives an Eclipse GST with an intake and a Greddy BOV. Although I didn't hear this Civic shift as he went past me, the sound coming from his enigne did remind me a little bit of the sound coming from my friend's engine compartment.

Turbo kit for a civic is about $2000.. so it could be. With a y-pipe you will still lose if he has boost.

There is one here in Atlanta pushing about 300 fwhp.. he also has NOS
Old 01-17-2002, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by bags533

Turbo kit for a civic is about $2000.. so it could be. With a y-pipe you will still lose if he has boost.

There is one here in Atlanta pushing about 300 fwhp.. he also has NOS
I wish I could have talked to him or something. It was a great sleeper car...riding on factory rims and it still had the big old factory look muffler on it. I've ran the new Mustang GT's and they haven't pulled from me like this guy did. Who knows. I'd like to see him again just to talk to him.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:11 PM

sounds like a supercharged civic...13.8 with 6lbs of boost aint bad
Old 01-17-2002, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by SiLMaX
sounds like a supercharged civic...13.8 with 6lbs of boost aint bad
Unless you're the one smelling the fumes of the supercharger...

Old 01-17-2002, 09:20 PM
HPS

Re: Beat by an SI!!! (Kind of long)

Must be a stock Si with a Jackson Racing SuperCharger. Stock Si's run around 7.2-7.5. Before my Max, I had a modded GS-R and I had to give it all I could just to hang with a modded 4th gen. 5sp. So, if he's pulling at 100 on you than he's heavily modded (sleeper). At stock, the car only weighs around 2600 - 2700 lbs. at most. Sounds like he saved all his money for the JRSC ($3200).
Old 01-17-2002, 09:24 PM
SLOW

My friend has a 99 SI with a Drag Gen 3 turbo, thats T3/T4 for you boys. He's on stock wheels and all. Its a solid mid 13 second car.