4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

all 95' owners click here

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 02:36 AM

all 95' owners click here

Hey fellow 95' maximas i was wondering if u guys think our front part of our car is ugly compared to the i think 96-99 i'm thinkin of a new style for the gril i dont know if u guys would like this but here goes nothing i have an idea guys... want your feedback on this one u know how our gril is it's like this right

i want to cut out the ugly lines that go up and down so all u see is the frame of the gril then use the Home gutter mesh (black) that u get at the hardware store then use Goop (that good *** glue)and goop the mesh to the backside of the grill frame (u can also not get the mesh) next take out the Nissan Hamburger or GTR (like me) on the metal peice that holds the back part of the gril if you pop up your hood you will see the metal peice that holds the back part of the grill well my idea is glue the Symbol that u have and put it on the metal peice so it could look like the Skyline or the mustangs symbol holders in the front....

Do u guys have anymore ideas on makin our cars look my better in the front i already made custom Eye Lids but don't know wut else i should do maybe bodykit ? I don't know but if u guys know any ideas just hit me up with a reply thanks guys

Old 01-18-2002, 02:38 AM

dang the diagram didnt turn up great hmmm well u guys know wut the front grill looks like doh ... hahah oh well
Old 01-18-2002, 02:53 AM

Hey fellow 95' Maxima drivers I was wondering if u guys think our front part of our car is ugly compared to the 96-99. I'm thinking of a new style for the grill. I have some ideas guys... want your feedback on this one

I want to cut out the ugly lines that go up and down. So all u see is the frame of the grill then use the Home gutter mesh (black) that you get at the hardware store. Then use Goop (that awesome glue) and Goop the mesh to the backside of the grill frame. (u can also not get the mesh) next take out the Nissan Hamburger or GTR. (Like me) use the metal piece that holds the back part of the grill. (If you pop up your hood you will see the metal piece that holds the back part of the grill.) Well my idea is glue the Symbol that u have and put it on the metal piece so it could look like the Skyline or the mustangs symbol holders in the front....

Do u guys have anymore ideas on makin our cars look my better in the front i already made custom Eye Lids but don't know wut else i should do maybe bodykit ? I don't know but if u guys know any ideas just hit me up with a reply thanks guy

Sorry for the messed up post above I was really tired and I read it then realized that u guys would not understand what I typed hahah
Old 01-18-2002, 04:28 AM
MaximaRversion2

Originally posted by asianpr3082
Hey fellow 95' Maxima drivers I was wondering if u guys think our front part of our car is ugly compared to the 96-99. I'm thinking of a new style for the grill. I have some ideas guys... want your feedback on this one

I want to cut out the ugly lines that go up and down. So all u see is the frame of the grill then use the Home gutter mesh (black) that you get at the hardware store. Then use Goop (that awesome glue) and Goop the mesh to the backside of the grill frame. (u can also not get the mesh) next take out the Nissan Hamburger or GTR. (Like me) use the metal piece that holds the back part of the grill. (If you pop up your hood you will see the metal piece that holds the back part of the grill.) Well my idea is glue the Symbol that u have and put it on the metal piece so it could look like the Skyline or the mustangs symbol holders in the front....

Do u guys have anymore ideas on makin our cars look my better in the front i already made custom Eye Lids but don't know wut else i should do maybe bodykit ? I don't know but if u guys know any ideas just hit me up with a reply thanks guy

Sorry for the messed up post above I was really tired and I read it then realized that u guys would not understand what I typed hahah
I know what youre talking about ... just get the stillen SMX grill, unless you dont mind basically tearing the nissan emblem off of your car. because its in there pretty good. you could just cover it all in mesh... that looks best IMO. or the SMX

Old 01-18-2002, 05:07 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Um, my grill already has mesh with the emblem on it. I just put silver mesh on the front of the OEM grill and stuck the emblem right in the middle of it...
Old 01-18-2002, 05:31 AM
MaximaRversion2

Originally posted by mzmtg
Um, my grill already has mesh with the emblem on it. I just put silver mesh on the front of the OEM grill and stuck the emblem right in the middle of it...
Thats kinda what i meant... but if you want the emblem gone completely , just take it off , and then just cover where it used to be with mesh too... or get a trenz grille , not my style , but its ok.

Old 01-18-2002, 06:36 AM

added a civic grill on it, with the nissan sign on top, and a accord black widow kit.

Old 01-18-2002, 06:44 AM
MaximaRversion2

Black Widow

Im impressed ,,, very impressed

Old 01-18-2002, 07:03 AM

hmmm...

I just went and bought a 97-99 grille for $65 new, and put it on.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:47 AM

Re: hmmm...

here is a link to a few pics of my car.. i did a mesh grill with the emblem stuck back on over it...

Pics of my car
Old 01-18-2002, 08:56 AM

hahh - nice photoshop - a civic bodykit on a maxima
Old 01-18-2002, 08:57 AM

Re: Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by JeepRage
here is a link to a few pics of my car.. i did a mesh grill with the emblem stuck back on over it...

Pics of my car
is that soap?
Old 01-18-2002, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
hahh - nice photoshop - a civic bodykit on a maxima
ACCORD
Old 01-18-2002, 09:35 AM

Hey Asianpr3082, rather than cutting the spines out of the openings on the front end why don't you put the gutter mesh in front of them, closer to being flush w/ the bumper. That way you can use the spines to help support the mesh and it will give you more areas to glue to. Check out the thread that was recently up here, I think it is just called grille - you'll see some pictures of what I am talking about.

When I removed my hamburger and put gutter mesh over over the existing grille it looked good but you can see the plasic grille has a hamburger shape on it too, so I put the logo back on top of the mesh. It looks all right. I've got to have the stupid, ugly front license plate on my car, so anything I do to the front end is still gonna look ugly.

That black widow kit looks nice. No fogs? Was it a 8itch to install? Did it need to be customized considerably?
Old 01-18-2002, 10:11 AM

smx grill w/ upper & lower mesh or front end conversion like me.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:22 AM

Hey guys I know the original grille thing i don’t think u guys know wut I am talking about. I just want to cut out the grille out so it would be the frame that's it. And that metals piece that is coming out in between the radiator and grille use that to support your emblem. Cuz I already have the mesh over the grille part done with the GTR on top of it in the center, but want to make it a skyline look
basically have nothing in the grille just the frame and the emblem and if u want put some mesh on look at some skyline pics and find the front u guys will know wut i'm talkin about

Old 01-19-2002, 06:13 AM
MaximaRversion2

Hey guys I know the original grille thing i don’t think u guys know wut I am talking about. I just want to cut out the grille out so it would be the frame that's it. And that metals piece that is coming out in between the radiator and grille use that to support your emblem. Cuz I already have the mesh over the grille part done with the GTR on top of it in the center, but want to make it a skyline look
basically have nothing in the grille just the frame and the emblem and if u want put some mesh on look at some skyline pics and find the front u guys will know wut i'm talkin about

DOH ! , ok i got ya now... i think you might have to cut it out man. use a coping saw or something small... i have one of these little things that i used to install my fogs. its just like , a little saw blade, no handle or anything , its flexable and all so it would probably work pretty well for you. ill see if i can find it to get more details about it (sorry im a little dense in the AM hours)

Old 01-19-2002, 06:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by gtr_rider

is that soap?
yeah its soap... it was REALLY cold out.. its january in mass... jeesh
Old 01-19-2002, 09:11 AM

accord.....civic......same thing.......maxima murders them both, silently

Originally posted by gtr_rider

ACCORD
Old 01-19-2002, 12:12 PM

I got ya now Asianpr. A few things I can think of: if you cut the plastic spines out of the lower openings you'll probably have a grayish color left where you removed them, so you'll have to probably sand them down smooth and then paint it to make it look right. As for removing the upper grille; I'm not sure how that will look. You'll see the latch for the hood from certain angles and there will be no protection for your radiator. That may not be a big deal but.... I don't think it will look that good removed unless you put an intercooler there Good luck either way and keep us informed.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:05 AM

Hey guys i think it would be tight but yeah i think i'll put the gutter mesh behind the grill sor something hmm .. well anywayz u guys know any more ideas to make the front look good ? hit me up with a reply

Old 01-20-2002, 05:14 AM
MaximaRversion2

Hey guys i think it would be tight but yeah i think i'll put the gutter mesh behind the grill sor something hmm .. well anywayz u guys know any more ideas to make the front look good ? hit me up with a reply

SMX grille ,