4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

just so you know, I HATE MAXIMAS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 06:35 AM

just so you know, I HATE MAXIMAS!

Sometimes I get soooo sick of this car... extremely sick of it. To the point I want to wrap it around a tree and place a claim on insurance. anyone else?
Old 01-21-2002, 06:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: just so you know, I HATE MAXIMAS!

No.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:49 AM

I rather like mine alot.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:50 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Sell it... if you hate it that much.

OR are you working on something and you keep hitting walls and can't quite finish?

If it's the the above statment, buy a bottle of bacardi and a 32 liter coke. By the time you wake up you'll forget how much you hate your car
Old 01-21-2002, 07:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love my maxima because they never see it coming
Old 01-21-2002, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by hlh0501
Sometimes I get soooo sick of this car... extremely sick of it. To the point I want to wrap it around a tree and place a claim on insurance. anyone else?
All cars have problems. Some more than ours. *cough* BMW *cough* Ford *cough* Chevy *cough* Jaguar *cough*. Please excuse my strong headcold.
-Cyrus
Old 01-21-2002, 07:34 AM

Hahaha, join the club. I hate maxima's too. This car has been nothing but a pain for me and I cant get out of it cause the resale sux so bad. The resale value sux, the engineering sux, the reliablity sux, the build quality sux, the quality control sux, the aftermarket support sux, the resale value really sux, the rear suspension sux, the 5 speed transmissions sux, the insurance rates sux, the crash test results sux, did I mention the resale sux?
Old 01-21-2002, 07:36 AM

Yep, I wish I woulda never bought my 2nd max...I'm sick of them, I want a PY-ITR or a hybrid civic hatch, but I promised myself I am going to run this car until it blows up. I think I'm ganna have it for a long long time
Old 01-21-2002, 07:36 AM

Re: Re: just so you know, I HATE MAXIMAS!

Originally posted by Vyrus

All cars have problems. Some more than ours. *cough* BMW *cough*
I would still take BMW over a Maxima, which is what I'm doing soon
Old 01-21-2002, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by ericdwong
Hahaha, join the club. I hate maxima's too. This car has been nothing but a pain for me and I cant get out of it cause the resale sux so bad. The resale value sux, the engineering sux, the reliablity sux, the build quality sux, the quality control sux, the aftermarket support sux, the resale value really sux, the rear suspension sux, the 5 speed transmissions sux, the insurance rates sux, the crash test results sux, did I mention the resale sux?
If you hate the maxima so much, why are you posting on a maxima site? And by the way, if your serious, then why is it that the maxima has been voted car of the year? I think maybe you should re-consider another forum to go to. Most people here like theirs.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:40 AM

Re: Re: Re: just so you know, I HATE MAXIMAS!

Originally posted by AndyXXL

I would still take BMW over a Maxima, which is what I'm doing soon
For me it would depend on the Bimmer and the Maxima.
2002 Maxima vs. 3 Series...I'd still go Maxima. Maybe its just me Or maybe its the reliability, performance, value, and comfort I like more.
-Cyrus
Old 01-21-2002, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by ericdwong
ok, I wouldn't go that far.... but I have the WORST LUCK EVER with this car... some stuff that wouldnt be avoided in any other cars either, (hit & run... which put it in the shop for 3weeks.. only got it back two weeks ago) and other stupid stuff, but there is always something... some wrattles, some squeek, something breaking.. I dont know, I just feel like I want a nice solid car that can roll.

I do love the car when it runs though, and I guess that makes up for these CRAPPY down times.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:51 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: just so you know, I HATE MAXIMAS!

Originally posted by Vyrus

For me it would depend on the Bimmer and the Maxima.
2002 Maxima vs. 3 Series...I'd still go Maxima. Maybe its just me Or maybe its the reliability, performance, value, and comfort I like more.
-Cyrus
Oh I would too, and not because I'm a little too big for a 3-series. If I had a choice between 02 Max (new) and 01 530i (used) I would take a bimmer in a heartbeat.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just so you know, I HATE MAXIMAS!

Oh I would too, and not because I'm a little too big for a 3-series. If I had a choice between 02 Max (new) and 01 530i (used) I would take a bimmer in a heartbeat.
I still would take the Max. The is a prestigious car, not a fast or comforable one. If you look up the stats you'll notice the interior cabin room is not much larger than a 3-series. If I were under 30 years old I would still take the Maxima for its comfort, value, and reliability. But again maybe its just me
-Cyrus
Old 01-21-2002, 07:56 AM

hehe

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

If you hate the maxima so much, why are you posting on a maxima site? And by the way, if your serious, then why is it that the maxima has been voted car of the year? I think maybe you should re-consider another forum to go to. Most people here like theirs.
OK I just had to vent... you obviously don't know me too well or anything, I am a HUUGE fan of the max. I have made about 1,000 more maxima lovers in louisville - I even went as far as converting my car to 5spd and making a writeup on it.. I just have had soooo many things bugging me (wrattles, etc) and sooo much trouble recently (in the past month and a half.. my car was in the shop for 3 weeks for a hit&run, replaced starter, replaced alternator, rewired starter, fix the master clutch cylinder, and more... I've just been buildin up, and today I HAD IT with....

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=92659
Old 01-21-2002, 08:01 AM

Re: Re: hehe

Hey hlh0501, is that a BMW in front of your max on a driveway in the sig pic?
Yes it is a M5 !!
dangit why didnt i get one of those

(the pic rotates, so if you cant see it, hit refresh a couple times)
Old 01-21-2002, 08:03 AM

Re: Re: Re: hehe

Yes it is a M5 !!
dangit why didnt i get one of those
That's what I thought. Are you going to take that car back to college?
Old 01-21-2002, 08:03 AM

Re: hehe

OK I just had to vent... you obviously don't know me too well or anything, I am a HUUGE fan of the max. I have made about 1,000 more maxima lovers in louisville - I even went as far as converting my car to 5spd and making a writeup on it.. I just have had soooo many things bugging me (wrattles, etc) and sooo much trouble recently (in the past month and a half.. my car was in the shop for 3 weeks for a hit&run, replaced starter, replaced alternator, rewired starter, fix the master clutch cylinder, and more... I've just been buildin up, and today I HAD IT with....

It's cool to vent. I guess I've just had good experience with both the max's I've had. I have an 85 with more than 300k and only rebuilt the tranny once (only major problem) and it's still rolling. I gave it to my parents as a spare and my dad uses it all the time. my 95 is going the same way, more than 150k already and running strong. Maybe somebody put a curse on you or something? Did you make any funky female mad?
Old 01-21-2002, 08:04 AM

Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

It's cool to vent. I guess I've just had good experience with both the max's I've had. I have an 85 with more than 300k and only rebuilt the tranny once (only major problem) and it's still rolling. I gave it to my parents as a spare and my dad uses it all the time. my 95 is going the same way, more than 150k already and running strong. Maybe somebody put a curse on you or something? Did you make any funky female mad?

my dad said I have the car jinx b/c I have so much trouble, does that count?
Old 01-21-2002, 08:07 AM

...my car was in the shop for 3 weeks for a hit&run...

Then hate the hit&runner, not your Max, except for rattles or such. Maybe in "General" forum you can start a new thread "How much you hate the hit and runner". Do a search first on that thread...
My 96 Max is getting old year after year, so of cause it does not attact me so much as it did on the day I bought it new. However it so far does not give me ANY headach, NOT even a loose screw as I used to say whenever someone around me asks and talks about cars. So there is NO way I will hate my Max. Squeak yes but no at all too bad. I fixed some and I have a last one in the left vent area...
Old 01-21-2002, 08:17 AM

I hope all your problems arent caused by the 5spd conversion cuz im doing mine next weekend! Btw mines a b!tch too. Auto tranny went at 36k, blew a strut, need an alignment.....and so on.....
Old 01-21-2002, 08:43 AM

I totally know what you mean....my car had pretty much NEVER been out of commission since I bought it...and then just this last fall...it had less that 1000 miles put on it from August to December...I had everything from a leaky y-pipe (drove over a curb and broke it), to not ONE but TWO blown trannies....I finally got my car back in Early december...and it's back to being the "reliable" maxima that it should be. I'll have to admit...I had A LOT to do with the y-pipe and first tranny failure...but it still sucked....
Old 01-21-2002, 09:13 AM

Rattles! hehehe If you didn't want the rattles, you should have gotten a Honda Accord.

Seriously, I feel some of your anguish hlh; I have a Y2K Quest SE w/ MUCH rattles and has seen some shoptime with two bad headlight wire harnesses, alignment problems, creaky sunroof (not to mention being sideswiped while parked and 3 separate tire blowout occassions; I never had three blowouts with ANY car EVER before this.) Makes me wish I would have stayed on the waiting list for a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna instead of jumping on what appeared to be a good deal.

f23a4
Old 01-21-2002, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by F23A4
Rattles! hehehe If you didn't want the rattles, you should have gotten a Honda Accord.

hahaha if u dont want rattles TURN UP THE MUSIC!! hahahahaha wait... that just makes the crap rattle more.. nevermind.. i am stupid
Old 01-21-2002, 10:16 AM

YAY my car works again!!

I am happy with it, it drives again. This is the best car ever!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 10:41 AM

Re: YAY my car works again!!

I am happy with it, it drives again. This is the best car ever!!!!
Sweet
Old 01-21-2002, 12:14 PM

i love my maxima.....i bet you prolly got yours used from sum old lady that claims she only used it once a week to goto the super market .........(but i like the 3 series better =X)
Old 01-21-2002, 12:18 PM

The morning I was leaving for China I was at the train station unloading my luggage and when I closed the trunk and the red plastic lens cover of my spoiler brake light fell off. I feel your pain.

Oh and there's something wrong with my exhaust and I'm not a mechanic. Sigh...
Old 01-21-2002, 12:31 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

ok, I wouldn't go that far.... but I have the WORST LUCK EVER with this car... some stuff that wouldnt be avoided in any other cars either, (hit & run... which put it in the shop for 3weeks.. only got it back two weeks ago) and other stupid stuff, but there is always something... some wrattles, some squeek, something breaking.. I dont know, I just feel like I want a nice solid car that can roll.

I do love the car when it runs though, and I guess that makes up for these CRAPPY down times.

you know.... sometimes i feel the same way... the car is just so floaty, it rattles, squeaks, handles horrible, a few other minor things, but i still like it... for the money, i don't think i can get a better car. Although I did like my 3rd gen more, when it was in good shape that is. 10 times more solid, better quality and handling although not as reliable.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:32 PM

i wish i could own a maxima...
Old 01-21-2002, 12:39 PM

What is this thread doing in this area of the forum?
If you don't like it, get rid of it.