4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ebay idle air control valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 05:51 PM

Ebay idle air control valve

Im wondering if anybody has had any good experiences with using the cheap idle air control valves. Mines leaking and needs to be replaced asap. At my cost the dealer one is $209. Ive only used the oem ones on customers cars but don't want to spend that type of money on mine if i can use a cheaper one. Do they cheap ones work? I have a 2000 i30 i would of posted in the gen 5 forum but it seems to be a little slow over there for us 3.0 guys.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:29 PM

Try your local junk yard, there should be plenty 4th gen there.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

~$90 bucks at your local auto parts store.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:48 PM

go for the $90, brand new! that means it'll last you years.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:38 AM

Doesn't the 5th gen 3.0 use a different IACV than the 4th gen? I remember an issue with the 5th gen IACV having a short that can knock out an ECU.

FWIW I've had good luck with the BWD/Intermotor brand IACV.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:11 AM

eBay iacv

I have used mine for like a year now no issues its fine. Plus ive been reading on here for along time now and over half the people on here have no clue what they are thinking or doing. If you read a thread you'll see it's about one thing for like two messages then without answering the first question asked another guy will ask something else and then everyone is trying to answer that guy it's retarded lol
Old 01-07-2015, 04:17 AM

eBay iacv

Also a couple more things that seem fishy how come everyone has racing experience or is a Nissan tech like wtf come on lol and they hate on a company like Injen saying its a wai lol omg your telling me a successful racing company is making products that don't work yet real life racers use there stuff and are sponsored by them because they have money from what? Lol yea you guessed it being a successful racing company none of these guys spent any real money on racing and none of them own a company like injen all I'm trying to say is if injen was such garbage how do they stay in business lol
Old 01-07-2015, 04:23 AM

Plus whenever someone asks anything they get treated like a child it's pathetic let me just say this I've never bought an ebay part that didn't work they are all fine and the iacv burning the ecu is a lie had a bad iacv for years and it never burnt my ecu plus people do lots more then they tell you then try to act all cool like this is all I did lol right. I have yet to come here and find any good info that actually helped me I did that with Google lol but for real come on here if you like to argue its a great place!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:30 AM

Lol every time a guy asks a simple question you guys answer in the dumbest way you send all these links that don't work lol and you tell the guy who asked oh just do this and look at the Manual and download this it's all crap just give a straight answer why all this garbage
Old 01-07-2015, 04:33 AM

Cs ar why would you tell him to download a service manual like wtf dude he is just wondering what's a good iacv for Christ sake lol wow he's giving you links hahahahah for what the ****
Old 01-07-2015, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by teejay1786
Cs ar why would you tell him to download a service manual like wtf dude he is just wondering what's a good iacv for Christ sake lol wow he's giving you links hahahahah for what the ****
Its because the manual links are in my signature line that automatically appears on the first post in a thread.

It is a technique used by senior members and site moderators to help new members quickly find a source for the Field Service Manuals.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Administrator

I have used mine for like a year now no issues its fine. Plus ive been reading on here for along time now and over half the people on here have no clue what they are thinking or doing. If you read a thread you'll see it's about one thing for like two messages then without answering the first question asked another guy will ask something else and then everyone is trying to answer that guy it's retarded lol
And your 5 post rant is helping this thread exactly how again?
Also a couple more things that seem fishy how come everyone has racing experience or is a Nissan tech like wtf come on lol and they hate on a company like Injen saying its a wai lol omg your telling me a successful racing company is making products that don't work yet real life racers use there stuff and are sponsored by them because they have money from what? Lol yea you guessed it being a successful racing company none of these guys spent any real money on racing and none of them own a company like injen all I'm trying to say is if injen was such garbage how do they stay in business lol
Plus whenever someone asks anything they get treated like a child it's pathetic let me just say this I've never bought an ebay part that didn't work they are all fine and the iacv burning the ecu is a lie had a bad iacv for years and it never burnt my ecu plus people do lots more then they tell you then try to act all cool like this is all I did lol right. I have yet to come here and find any good info that actually helped me I did that with Google lol but for real come on here if you like to argue its a great place!
Lol every time a guy asks a simple question you guys answer in the dumbest way you send all these links that don't work lol and you tell the guy who asked oh just do this and look at the Manual and download this it's all crap just give a straight answer why all this garbage
I don't think you understand how forums and signatures work.
Again, I don't think you understand how forums and signatures work.

Enjoy your two week vacation. Another lame and negative outburst like this again and you're gone for good. Create a new account and both accounts will be banned for life.

Last edited by The Wizard; 01-07-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:12 AM

Wow @ the
Old 01-07-2015, 08:13 AM

I want back the time I wasted reading those stupid posts. lol Back to the topic at hand, OP, I say junkyard or auto parts store. I wouldn't really trust Ebay for an IACV. A knock sensor? yes, an IACV? no.