4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Fixing up the Pearl white Max.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 11:49 AM

Fixing up the Pearl white Max.

so i am about to do one of the first big project done to this car, and cannot wait to have it finished, 134k miles at the moment. any other suggestions I could do? also have questions at the end.

The jobs that are going to be done to the car is...

Repair Quarter panel (not a cheap job ) was only damage it had on the car since i bought it Name:  dNHNfWC.png
Views: 1
Size:  503 Bytes

Swap 97-99 rear and front end with front lip stillen as well as with clears! this is going to be an exciting one as my current front(tons of spider web cracks) and rears bumpers do have little chips everywhere..its not so bad but definitely has some years into the bumper.. but most importantly the swap is the goal and do not want to cheap out on pearl white paint job when i have it finished.
Name:  nQ8Ry6T.png
Size:  383.8 KB
Name:  vkWrEAc.png
Lower the car with new brakes/coilovers probably. this is another thing I cannot wait to experience, its going to make the car look 10x better
Name:  bVHJ4A3.png
Name:  u2AkqvV.png
---------------------------------------------------------

Interior issues (black leather) my rear headrest on the top has cracked probably due to the hot weather in TX here.. no surprise but i heard this is a common spot for black leather to crack on this model, so i have to repair that, the rest of the leather is pretty much new still.

Brakes- They work perfectly fine, but the Rust looking brakes bother me!! what are these called and how much are they to replace sometimes in reverse they make a screech sound.. but doesn't happen alot. Name:  MWOwyN9.png
Size:  118.5 KB

Coilovers or Spring combo- Can I buy these in person at a tire shop? I prefer to buy these in person for just personal preference, also what coilovers would u suggest buying? or should i just go for the spring combo?

CEL- currently EGR and knock sensor job, one question is that is there any difference how the Ebay knock sensor performs or lasts compared to OEM knock sensors? my guess is that OEM would perform better and last long? my mechanic is saying those cheap ones go out quick.

Airbag light- Had this since after 3 months owning the car, (car had no warning lights on dash) apparently happened when my friend put my power passenger seat all the way back and down, im thinking the wire underneath it disconnected the airbag? this is not an issue to me for now, i heard even with it flashing the bags will still deploy in an accident.. im just curious how much it would be from the dealer.. its probably not cheap, but this my last thing to do on the list.

Last edited by JoshG; 02-12-2015 at 11:55 AM.