4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Just got back from a few races, results inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 08:55 PM

Just got back from a few races, results inside

Well as much as I would like to say that I smoked that Supercharged Celica I didnt. We went out to a country road where there is a long long strip of road that we raced in the middle of, if a car was coming we could see it about 2 miles before it got to us in either way. So anyway the guy in the celica is such an arrogant piece of **** I would have loved to have beat him. We raced from a stop to around 90 and he had about a car and a half on me when it was all said and done. However I gained some of my confidence back when I raced a 5Speed V6 Rustang with Intake/Exhaust. I beat that car by a good 3 cars to about 100. There was some pretty sweet races to watch tonight though, and to answer that question there was a silver 2002 WRX (stock) that raced that Celica and left him in the dust. The WRX jumped out to a big lead right off of the line and never looked back. So that made me feel a little better to watch the celica lose. Just thought id let you know the results. I need to find a way to make my car a little faster. Im thinking Dons VB mod and an ECU upgrade. I dont want to get into NOS. Take Care
Old 01-29-2002, 09:08 PM

thats interesting, i dont know a whole lot about either the wrx or the celica gt-s, but i assumed that a stock wrx would beat a celica gt-s with full trd package off the line(wrx = all wheel drive), but would lose in long run to the celica; nice job on the kill of the mustang!
Old 01-29-2002, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by TN-Max
thats interesting, i dont know a whole lot about either the wrx or the celica gt-s, but i assumed that a stock wrx would beat a celica gt-s with full trd package off the line(wrx = all wheel drive), but would lose in long run to the celica; nice job on the kill of the mustang!
The celica would have probably pulled away if they would have raced longer because of the 6 speed tranny. I am just assuming that the WRX is stock but it may have had a few mods. Yeah atleast I didnt lose both of my races Take Care
Old 01-29-2002, 09:19 PM

I mentioned this in the other post, keep in mind that the Celica GT-s is SUPERCHARGED so its not just a regular celica. And it came TRD from the factory it wasnt a conversion. Just thought id clear that up. Take Care
Old 01-29-2002, 09:20 PM

yea, the wrx could have had something like a boost controller which would help a lot, but not be too noticeable to onlookers
Old 01-29-2002, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by TN-Max
yea, the wrx could have had something like a boost controller which would help a lot, but not be too noticeable to onlookers
yeah, he probably did have the boost controller. He just didnt want to tell anyone what he had, he wouldnt pop his hood come to think of it so who knows what else he was hiding. Take Care
Old 01-29-2002, 11:48 PM

Re: Just got back from a few races, results inside

Originally posted by 97ABMAX
Well as much as I would like to say that I smoked that Supercharged Celica I didnt. We went out to a country road where there is a long long strip of road that we raced in the middle of, if a car was coming we could see it about 2 miles before it got to us in either way. So anyway the guy in the celica is such an arrogant piece of **** I would have loved to have beat him. We raced from a stop to around 90 and he had about a car and a half on me when it was all said and done. However I gained some of my confidence back when I raced a 5Speed V6 Rustang with Intake/Exhaust. I beat that car by a good 3 cars to about 100. There was some pretty sweet races to watch tonight though, and to answer that question there was a silver 2002 WRX (stock) that raced that Celica and left him in the dust. The WRX jumped out to a big lead right off of the line and never looked back. So that made me feel a little better to watch the celica lose. Just thought id let you know the results. I need to find a way to make my car a little faster. Im thinking Dons VB mod and an ECU upgrade. I dont want to get into NOS. Take Care

what were your current mods?
Old 01-29-2002, 11:58 PM

Re: Re: Just got back from a few races, results inside

Originally posted by Nismo

what were your current mods?
Right now I have intake, y-pipe, and cat-back. I was at a disadvantage because I am auto and he was 6 speed. I think im gonna get dons vb mod because I want to take advantage of every benificial mod that I can besides SC and NOS. SC is out of my range and I dont want to mess with NOS. Take Care
Old 01-30-2002, 12:24 AM
Guy with the Orange Max

Those Celica GTS's are quick! I wouldn't mess with one even if it SC'd and I was SC'd. I know someone that did 14.6 with just an intake. I can't imagine what the SC is doing for it.

Sounds like fun though....
Old 01-30-2002, 06:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by airmattdog
I wouldn't mess with one even if it SC'd and I was SC'd.

lol...you got to be kidding. why get a sc then? when i was sc, i messed with all kinds of car.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:10 PM
Guy with the Orange Max

True, I realized how dumb that sounded.....

Old 01-30-2002, 01:27 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by airmattdog
Those Celica GTS's are quick! I wouldn't mess with one even if it SC'd and I was SC'd. I know someone that did 14.6 with just an intake. I can't imagine what the SC is doing for it.

Sounds like fun though....
I know someone in a Maxima who ran a 14.4 with just a Y pipe. And someone else who ran a 14.7 stock. And someone else who ran 14.2 with I/Y/E. And someone else who ran 14.3 with Y/E. And someoneone else who....
Old 01-30-2002, 02:02 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187

I know someone in a Maxima who ran a 14.4 with just a Y pipe. And someone else who ran a 14.7 stock. And someone else who ran 14.2 with I/Y/E. And someone else who ran 14.3 with Y/E. And someoneone else who....
Old 01-30-2002, 07:48 PM

bah, there is no supercharger for the new celicas. you probably raced a intake/exhaust one cuz that's all the mods we have currently

also, the fastest time for a Intake, exhuast, lsd celica is 14.15@97
http://brun1.home.mindspring.com/My%20Car/Videos/

Originally posted by Nealoc187

Old 01-30-2002, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by kit99bar
bah, there is no supercharger for the new celicas. you probably raced a intake/exhaust one cuz that's all the mods we have currently

Well, id love to agree with you but he popped his hood and there WAS a TRD supercharger in there. He has a 2001 GT-s 6 speed. I didnt get into any of the details about it with him but thats what I saw. Take Care
Old 01-30-2002, 11:38 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by kit99bar

I saw that video but you can't see the ET at the end, there is a pole in the way. It did look like he was hauling a$$ off the line pretty well though.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:20 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Nope, sorry, no such thing as a supercharger for the GT or even the GT-S Celica, especially from TRD. I strongly suggest you visit www.newcelica.org. and you will see these guys are itching for any kind of power adder. The closest thing they have will be for the GT which is a turbo. The GT-S runs a ultra high 11.5 compression which isn't boost friendly by any means. There are HUGE obstacles to overcome to make the GT-S be able to accept boost either from a turbo or SC. To run boost on a GT-S will require a lower compression via new pistons or a really tall head gasket (ie big bucks either way). TRD only makes "roots" style blowers and there's no way you'd be able to cram one of those under the hood of a GT/GT-S because the Celica is a packaging nightmare. There's really nowhere to mount a centerfugial blower like a Vortech/Paxton/ATI.

I don't want to come off saying your a liar or an idiot, but there is no such thing as a SC for the 2000+ Celicas (newest body style). The owner was pulling your chain. Kitbar knows more about this than me, I'm sure.

Dave
Old 01-31-2002, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
Nope, sorry, no such thing as a supercharger for the GT or even the GT-S Celica, especially from TRD. I strongly suggest you visit www.newcelica.org. and you will see these guys are itching for any kind of power adder. The closest thing they have will be for the GT which is a turbo. The GT-S runs a ultra high 11.5 compression which isn't boost friendly by any means. There are HUGE obstacles to overcome to make the GT-S be able to accept boost either from a turbo or SC. To run boost on a GT-S will require a lower compression via new pistons or a really tall head gasket (ie big bucks either way). TRD only makes "roots" style blowers and there's no way you'd be able to cram one of those under the hood of a GT/GT-S because the Celica is a packaging nightmare. There's really nowhere to mount a centerfugial blower like a Vortech/Paxton/ATI.

I don't want to come off saying your a liar or an idiot, but there is no such thing as a SC for the 2000+ Celicas (newest body style). The owner was pulling your chain. Kitbar knows more about this than me, I'm sure.

Dave
Hmmmm, I dont know what they hell he could have done then, he popped his hood and there was this big *** thing in there that looked like the TRD supercharger with a black cover and in Red letters it said TRD SUPERCHARGER. It was dark out side but I dont know why his engine said that if he didnt really have one. ANy ideas?
Old 01-31-2002, 11:49 PM

Hmmmm, I dont know what they hell he could have done then, he popped his hood and there was this big *** thing in there that looked like the TRD supercharger with a black cover and in Red letters it said TRD SUPERCHARGER. It was dark out side but I dont know why his engine said that if he didnt really have one. ANy ideas?
Same reason a guy with a Mistu Galant has a GT-R badge on his trunk here on my campus. Intimidation factor.

Nice kills. Did you say you were in greely?

Kirk
Old 02-01-2002, 12:29 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

The Celica has huge black plastic engine shroud. It sounds like he put some stickers on there. Do me a favor and smack that ricer. Just remember that a well driven GT-S is quite a quick little car (14s with little to no mods).

Dave
Old 02-01-2002, 12:37 AM

The Celica has huge black plastic engine shroud. It sounds like he put some stickers on there. Do me a favor and smack that ricer. Just remember that a well driven GT-S is quite a quick little car (14s with little to no mods).

Dave
ill be sure to smack him for you, lol. 1/3 yes I am from Greeley. Take Care
Old 02-01-2002, 06:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ill be sure to smack him for you, lol. 1/3 yes I am from Greeley. Take Care
I smoked one of those celicas exiting out a two lane highway with a sharp turn my brother told me he was saying stuff I guess he thought since my car is big it cant take corners, well it does it handles okay around corners.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dave
Thank god someone mentioned this. I couldn't believe this post went as long as it did without someone knowing this.