4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

(Reference) Tinted tail lights comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:37 AM

(Reference) Tinted tail lights comparison

Sold my max a while ago so just adding something for the community to see the difference when I tinted the inside lenses. Top is no tint, with gloss black turn signal housings and bottom is with tint, aluminum finish. Throwing these out since they are in crappy condition and were for testing.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Looks like a lot of work to make all 4 match equally. OUCH!

Did you enhance the backup lights? Bulbs? Retriofit to something better? Looking for a high value upgrade. Hopefully just the right bulbs not requiring surgery. Like High Beams.

I want to see when in reverse at night. LOL
Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 AM

Personally I like the blacked out look. You can completely black them out with night shades and the light is still perfectly visible at night.

I need to order some actual red/clears to replace my ****ty cracked ones I have
Old 05-18-2017, 03:13 PM

Can be rather a decent amount of work since you have to open them all up. Light output is no issue. Without those corner and reverse lens covers, its bright! Even with halogen bulbs. Stop light output on the tinted version is still good and visible, only 25% darker.