4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Very upset with my Lite Glow underbody kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:39 PM

Very upset with my Lite Glow underbody kit

I bought a Lite Glow Pro Series blue underbody kit from Custommaxima.com and I've had it installed for almost 3 months now. The problem I've been having is with water getting into the neon tube. The water has made it's way into the plastic cover and won't come out. My rear neon has already burnt out because of this and my side neons don't work when there is even just a little bit of water on the ground.

Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't even rain that much in Toronto so this shouldn't happen. I think I'm gonna give Lite Glow a call and try to return the entire kit for a new one because it should have a lifetime warranty.

Nathan
Old 01-31-2002, 10:55 PM

Re: Very upset with my Lite Glow underbody kit

Originally posted by Nathan
I bought a Lite Glow Pro Series blue underbody kit from Custommaxima.com and I've had it installed for almost 3 months now. The problem I've been having is with water getting into the neon tube. The water has made it's way into the plastic cover and won't come out. My rear neon has already burnt out because of this and my side neons don't work when there is even just a little bit of water on the ground.

Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't even rain that much in Toronto so this shouldn't happen. I think I'm gonna give Lite Glow a call and try to return the entire kit for a new one because it should have a lifetime warranty.

Nathan
Where on the tube does it look like it is getting in?

SuDZ
Old 02-01-2002, 07:09 AM

Re: Re: Very upset with my Lite Glow underbody kit

Well, i'm guessing the water is either coming in where the wires go into the black housing or where the clear plastic cover ends. One day when I was driving in the rain I took a look at the wires and wiggled them and there were little sparks coming from where the wires go into the black housing.
Originally posted by SuDZ

Where on the tube does it look like it is getting in?

SuDZ
Old 02-01-2002, 07:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Very upset with my Lite Glow underbody kit

Well, i'm guessing the water is either coming in where the wires go into the black housing or where the clear plastic cover ends. One day when I was driving in the rain I took a look at the wires and wiggled them and there were little sparks coming from where the wires go into the black housing.
What is Lite Glow's warantee? Street Glow Gold is lifetime, no ?'s asked.

Erik
Old 02-01-2002, 11:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Very upset with my Lite Glow underbody kit

That's what I was wondering too. I'm gonna try to find out by looking through there site or Greg's site. Does anyone else know if they have a lifetime warranty?

Nathan
Originally posted by tifosiv122

What is Lite Glow's warantee? Street Glow Gold is lifetime, no ?'s asked.

Erik
Old 02-01-2002, 12:31 PM

okay, I just got off the phone with a Lite Glow service rep and he said that I could either apply silicone to the neons or just replace the entire kit. I told them I wanted to replace the entire kit so they're gonna be phoning me up in a couple of minutes to get all my info. I'll keep you guys updated after they phone back.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:42 PM

Yeah much better of just replacing it. Then if the silicone did not work they dont give you crap like "Well now that you have changed it, and added silicone blah blah blah no warranty" Just get a wehole new thing while you can, maybe they haev changed the design since you bought yours because of a problem like this.

SuDZ
Old 02-01-2002, 03:18 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

maybe it's just garbage.
Old 02-01-2002, 04:05 PM

Well so far I think it's garbage especially for the price I paid. They told me that they would phone me back in a couple of minutes and they never called. So I phoned them back 1 hour later and they said the service representative was busy so I'm gonna phone them back on Monday.

When I do get my new kit, I'm going to apply silicon and electrical tape to it to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'll keep you guys updated.

Nathan
Originally posted by NickStam
maybe it's just garbage.
Old 02-01-2002, 04:16 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Well so far I think it's garbage especially for the price I paid. They told me that they would phone me back in a couple of minutes and they never called. So I phoned them back 1 hour later and they said the service representative was busy so I'm gonna phone them back on Monday.

When I do get my new kit, I'm going to apply silicon and electrical tape to it to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'll keep you guys updated.

Nathan
keep pounding them until they help you. Not calling you is such a lame excuse. they are just hoping you give up. keep calling them.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nathan
Good luck with it. I have a ? about your sig. You say your bone stock and you won a second place...where there only two Nissan's there? If you stock how could you possibly win something?

Erik
Old 02-01-2002, 05:21 PM

Good luck with it. I have a ? about your sig. You say your bone stock and you won a second place...where there only two Nissan's there? If you stock how could you possibly win something?

Erik
Old 02-01-2002, 07:44 PM

that sucks...i haven't had a problem with mine yet and it's cracked in the front...and i've turned it on while it's been raining
Old 02-01-2002, 08:00 PM

Erik
Maybe the malfunctioning underbody neon kit thrilled the judges!

It's too bad that Lite Glow couldn't seal the lights well enough.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by NickStam

keep pounding them until they help you. Not calling you is such a lame excuse. they are just hoping you give up. keep calling them.
I agree keep on them till you get results.

SuDZ
Old 02-02-2002, 10:15 PM

Actually, there were 5 Maxima's in total including mine. My buddy, Daniel, who took home 1st had a 2k with a Supercharger, full body kit, 18" rims, ground controls, LCD screen, CAI, exhaust, headunit, and another $3000 or more in mods. And the people that I beat had little stuff like 18" chromies, dual Brullen exhausts, body kits, and so on. You get the idea

Erik
Old 02-04-2002, 02:44 PM

Okay, I gave Lite Glow a call this afternoon at around 3:30pm and I asked for their returns representative and the guy who answered the phone told me he was the guy to talk to. So I explained to him what was wrong with my neons and he told me he couldn't do a return at the moment because the tech guy wasn't in. I told the guy that I had already talked to the tech guy on Friday who told me to send it back to them for an exchange but this **** wouldn't allow it!!

This is of course a bunch of b.s. on their part. So I asked the guy what time the tech guy would be in tomorrow and he said 9:00am, so I'm gonna be phoning them up bright and early.

For anyone that is considering to buy an underbody kit, I would not recommend Lite Glow, their customer service is the worst that I've ever experienced! As for their product, it's no better. StreetGlow is the way to go from what I've heard from others.

Nathan
Old 02-04-2002, 02:49 PM

Okay, I gave Lite Glow a call this afternoon at around 3:30pm and I asked for their returns representative and the guy who answered the phone told me he was the guy to talk to. So I explained to him what was wrong with my neons and he told me he couldn't do a return at the moment because the tech guy wasn't in. I told the guy that I had already talked to the tech guy on Friday who told me to send it back to them for an exchange but this **** wouldn't allow it!!

This is of course a bunch of b.s. on their part. So I asked the guy what time the tech guy would be in tomorrow and he said 9:00am, so I'm gonna be phoning them up bright and early.

For anyone that is considering to buy an underbody kit, I would not recommend Lite Glow, their customer service is the worst that I've ever experienced! As for their product, it's no better. StreetGlow is the way to go from what I've heard from others.

Nathan
In the world of customer cupport it gets much much worse.

SuDZ