4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

me vs firebird/trans am, not sure (long)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

me vs firebird/trans am, not sure (long)

im not sure if it was the newest fire bird or trans am, they all look the same, im pritty sure it was a trans am t hough cuz i saw a couple more that nite, it was black so it was hard to see the curves. It had to be a v8, i duno but it was loud as hell, and god could it move, well he's in my back drivers corner like a car back i turn around cuz i heard some loud car idling and we stare at each other, light turns green but there are cars in front of us so we basically just show each other our first gear, and yes he was impressed when my front just lifts right up(damn stock suspension), well he knows i mean bizness so he gets up on my right side and we get a lil 25-50 race cuz of traffic, he sees i can keep up, so we finally place next to each other at a light, turns green, we jet it, i kept up with him exactly! my friends del sol(prime witness, saw it all) got in front of me, so i had to switch into the left lane, then get right back in the center lane again(reminded me of the cheezy supra ferrari race in fast and furious), and i still was on him, we got up to 80 with no one ahead of each other, then we slowed it down cuz of traffic(couldnt of asked for a opener road), i roll down my passenger window, he puts down his driver, he's all bumpin and and jumpin around in his car, like damnnn dude how'd u keep up, u know like he was actually givin me props not gettin all ****y. I was impressed by my car too it doesnt have that much goin on under the hood, but i dont mean to have an ego, i do know how to drive a 5speed rather well none the less, who knows if it was a fluke but lemme tell you it was a rillly rilly good race, we were both feedin off each other, its funny cuz he wanted to go again, i said no tickets for me tonite, he jets off honestly got up to 110 at least, next thing i know, couple miles up i see like 3 cop cars flyin by....idiot
Old 02-08-2002, 10:42 PM

Re: me vs firebird/trans am, not sure (long)

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!
im not sure if it was the newest fire bird or trans am, they all look the same, im pritty sure it was a trans am t hough cuz i saw a couple more that nite, it was black so it was hard to see the curves. It had to be a v8, i duno but it was loud as hell, and god could it move, well he's in my back drivers corner like a car back i turn around cuz i heard some loud car idling and we stare at each other, light turns green but there are cars in front of us so we basically just show each other our first gear, and yes he was impressed when my front just lifts right up(damn stock suspension), well he knows i mean bizness so he gets up on my right side and we get a lil 25-50 race cuz of traffic, he sees i can keep up, so we finally place next to each other at a light, turns green, we jet it, i kept up with him exactly! my friends del sol(prime witness, saw it all) got in front of me, so i had to switch into the left lane, then get right back in the center lane again(reminded me of the cheezy supra ferrari race in fast and furious), and i still was on him, we got up to 80 with no one ahead of each other, then we slowed it down cuz of traffic(couldnt of asked for a opener road), i roll down my passenger window, he puts down his driver, he's all bumpin and and jumpin around in his car, like damnnn dude how'd u keep up, u know like he was actually givin me props not gettin all ****y. I was impressed by my car too it doesnt have that much goin on under the hood, but i dont mean to have an ego, i do know how to drive a 5speed rather well none the less, who knows if it was a fluke but lemme tell you it was a rillly rilly good race, we were both feedin off each other, its funny cuz he wanted to go again, i said no tickets for me tonite, he jets off honestly got up to 110 at least, next thing i know, couple miles up i see like 3 cop cars flyin by....idiot

wow...im too lazy to read all that....but i get the feeling were involved...
Old 02-08-2002, 11:52 PM

It would really suck to get pulled over goin that fast, a cop told me here in CO that if you get pulled over going 100+ theyll just take you from your car put you in cuffs and arrest you. Hopefully he didnt get busted. Oh, and nice job on the race

Take Care
Old 02-08-2002, 11:53 PM

well it definitly wasn't a V6 firebird...cuz you would have walked all over one of those....and it probably wasn't a NEW Trans Am becuase an LS-1 would have walked all over you....so I'm assuming it was a STOCK auto LT-1 with a good launch I'm confident that a 5-speed 4th gen with I/Y/E can keep up with an LT-1....
Old 02-09-2002, 07:25 AM

it was a 5 speed, we were both nose dipping in between shifts, yea i agree i think i would destroy a v6,and am happy that im going with same umph as a v8 when imean new it had to be withicn the last 2-3 years at most,
Old 02-09-2002, 09:27 AM

98+ Trans-ams have a Borg Warner T-56 6spd Tranny and the LS1 engine. I honestly don't think it is possible for you to have hung with an LS1. The LS1 motor is nothing short of AWESOME. I can see MAYBE hanging with an LT1 car... but even that is a pretty big feat..
Old 02-09-2002, 10:12 AM

i wont argue, and def didnt beat him, all i know is we stayed literally right next to each other the whole way down
Old 02-09-2002, 10:17 AM
Lightly modded

that must have made you feel pretty fuzzy inside....way to hang with a V8 dude, congrats. can you teach me how to shift?
Old 02-09-2002, 12:48 PM

there is no way that guy could drive if you beat him! i used to have a '93 TA, and it would smoke the '95 5-speed max i have now. was he shifting when you did or what? if he was, he wasn't shifting when he should have. the lt-1 needs to shift out at around 5000-5300 rpms and if he was shifting at 6k, he was almost tapping the rev limiter. what a dumbass! then again, maybe he was trying to hustle you to see if you wanted to run for money...

anyway, great kill man! just don't get too cocky or anything; the next TA you run across might know what's up!!

keep up the good work!!!!