4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stolen CIVIC....this made me think!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 10:45 PM

Stolen CIVIC....this made me think!!!!

ok well i was going to the movies tonight with some friedns and we took two diff cars....my max was one of them....well we drive by this civc and we see some wood holding up teh car and also some rocks were placed under the side skirts....it looked like somoene kicked the $hit out of the doors and scratched it up pretty bad....all 4 rims were gone and so was the front end....i know most of you prolly dont care but i really havent seen anyhting like this happen around my town and its got me thinking if i wanna make my max look good(spend money on it)....i mean my rims make my car stand out a lot and i dont want this kind of crap happening to my car but then again if i am at a movie and my car is in the parking lot i really wont know if anything in happening to it....i donno if this thread will get moved or not i just want everyone to get a chance to read it....im sure most of you live near areas where $hit like this happens all the time and i donno if i wanna keep putting money in my car like i am doing now....i mean yeah there is always insurance but still........I know some of you might laugh cuz its a civic and i know how much people on thsi board dislike civics but in a way i feel bad for this kid cuz i recognize the plates on the car and he goes to my school and i know his parents did not pay for him to mod his civic so all that money he put in his car is gone......i dont want people to think that i worship civics or anyhting like that i just want you guys to read this as a reminder of how certain people can be real @ssholes and its just because they r jelous!!!! take care and goodnight, Tom
Old 03-16-2002, 10:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yeah who cares what kind of car it is. If a car is vandalized that bad I don't care who it is..I would feel for them..especially if its someone who spends their hard-earned cash on modding their car...That really sucks. Keep us updated on the situation.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:02 AM
no more maxima...

people who vandalize cars like that, especially after someone put their hard earned money into it, need to be shot...there is simply no other solution other than a good bullet

Originally posted by sidewinder740
Yeah who cares what kind of car it is. If a car is vandalized that bad I don't care who it is..I would feel for them..especially if its someone who spends their hard-earned cash on modding their car...That really sucks. Keep us updated on the situation.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:13 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Do you park your car in the street or in a garage?
Old 03-17-2002, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by NickStam
Do you park your car in the street or in a garage?
i park my car in the garage but i could leave my car parked outisde with all my windows down and all my doors unlocked with the keys in the ignition and no one would mess with it.....i live in a good neigborhood. this happened like 10 min away from my house (where the civic got stolen at) and thats ten minutes on the highway.....i am not worried about parking my car outside its just i get that feeling when i go out with friends and i have to park my car at a parking lot where anyone has access to it.....anyway if i find anyhting else out ill let u guys know!
Old 03-17-2002, 09:11 AM

I live in a real good neighborhood to but I don't leave my windows down or doors unlocked. I guess it's just kind of a habbit for me to lock my doors and roll up my windows. I even lock my doors when I get gas. You could live in the best neighborhood and someone foolish could come by and try something stupid.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:14 AM

Re: Stolen CIVIC....this made me think!!!!

I know how you feel, I always thought the exact thing too. My neighbourhood is a pretty good area, where a lot of crap doesn't go down, but go anywhere else, and there's always a high chance of something happening to your vehicle. I always see people that nicely soup up their cars, and then like a week later, their mags are stolen, or the keyhole has been damaged. A friend of mine drives a 91-93 Prelude up to the college, and his car's been broken into like 4 times for the sound system, Mags, cell phone ect (guy still doesn't have an alarm, go figure ).
I was thinkin of doing some external mods, but I usually park in a lot of commericial areas (malls, movies, work) so I kinda looked past at the idea for now, but that's just me.
A good recommendation, is if you get some external mods, to get a really sensitive aftermarket alarm system. My father has one on his Dodge Ram, and it's really good (I believe it's a Clifford alarm?) If you tap on the wheels or on the mags, the alarm beeps, and if you bang on the hood or the doors, it beeps. Doesn't set the alarm off, but it beeps, indicating to the would-be thief that there's an alarm.

No matter what kind of car it is, it always hurts to hear someone being victimized to auto-theft and vandalism.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Kyle7475
I live in a real good neighborhood to but I don't leave my windows down or doors unlocked. I guess it's just kind of a habbit for me to lock my doors and roll up my windows. I even lock my doors when I get gas. You could live in the best neighborhood and someone foolish could come by and try something stupid.
when i come home from anywehre and its still daylgiht out and its a nice day i just leave my keys in the ignitiona dn the windows down....i have no problem with this and on good days our neighbors r always out so i know nothing is gonna happen at that time....but at night i feel a little better if everyhitn is locked and all windows r up!
Old 03-17-2002, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by Kyle7475
[B You could live in the best neighborhood and someone foolish could come by and try something stupid. [/B]
VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Unless you never want to drive your car anywhere, you will have to take chances. I'd advise you to get lug locks for those rims, different sets. Although these are easy passable, at least it'll slow the thieves down a little bit. Get an alarm that has a pager warning system- so it'll alert you wherever u are, when your alarm is going off. Most alarms will go off if you attempt to jack a vehicle up. This will probably stop most wheel stealers, but if there is a professional car thief out to nab your car, there isn't much you can do but buy some really good insurance.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by MaximaGTR34
Unless you never want to drive your car anywhere, you will have to take chances. I'd advise you to get lug locks for those rims, different sets. Although these are easy passable, at least it'll slow the thieves down a little bit. Get an alarm that has a pager warning system- so it'll alert you wherever u are, when your alarm is going off. Most alarms will go off if you attempt to jack a vehicle up. This will probably stop most wheel stealers, but if there is a professional car thief out to nab your car, there isn't much you can do but buy some really good insurance.
yeah i got locks for my lugs and i am planning on getting one of those security alarms...the ones that have the lil pager and shows u whats going on to ur car...but ur right a good theif can steal anything!
Old 03-17-2002, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by hockeyghst

when i come home from anywehre and its still daylgiht out and its a nice day i just leave my keys in the ignitiona dn the windows down....i have no problem with this and on good days our neighbors r always out so i know nothing is gonna happen at that time....but at night i feel a little better if everyhitn is locked and all windows r up!
i know you feel safe inyour neighborhood and everything, but that's just plain foolish. windows down, okay, but there's no need to leave the keys in the ignition. just take them with you. like someone said, it could easily be some kids riding through the neighborhood on bikes, and see your car with the keys in it - forget it, it's over.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by CKNY

i know you feel safe inyour neighborhood and everything, but that's just plain foolish. windows down, okay, but there's no need to leave the keys in the ignition. just take them with you. like someone said, it could easily be some kids riding through the neighborhood on bikes, and see your car with the keys in it - forget it, it's over.
im glad i started this thread cuz u guys def changed my mind about somehtings thanx!!
Old 03-17-2002, 11:42 AM

Some things you could do is get locking lug nuts for your rims, you really only need 1 for each rim. Also you could get a good alarm, i prefer the one with the little pager type thing that shows a display of your car and what part is setting off the alarm.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:57 AM
I need a truck

it doesn't matter it you live in the best neighborhood ... there's always the chance that some j/o will come by and do something to your car ... you never know
Old 03-17-2002, 11:59 AM

i live in a good neigborhood.
theives usually go from the bad neighboorhoods to the good ones to steal cars.
Old 03-17-2002, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by NickStam

theives usually go from the bad neighboorhoods to the good ones to steal cars.

very true...i live in what would be considered a nice neighborhood...around 400-something houses, all pretty nice...but i don't even leave my car unlocked outside, just because the fact that anyone can drive through the neighborhood anytime they want...it's competely open to any passerbys...i don't like that, so i don't leave the opportunity open to them
Old 03-17-2002, 03:08 PM

ive said it before but im just staying away from places like the mall. if i can help it. i mean, i only go to the mall now if i really need to - and go during the day when no ones around haha.. movies, i dunno ull have to chance it i guess.
good luck to all of us atty:
Old 03-17-2002, 05:45 PM

the best solution is to be a lazy @ss, leave your car home and let someone else drive and let their car get stolen
Old 03-17-2002, 06:07 PM

just don't leave ANYTHING visible in the car at all.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by 97MaXiMaGLE97
Some things you could do is get locking lug nuts for your rims, you really only need 1 for each rim. Also you could get a good alarm, i prefer the one with the little pager type thing that shows a display of your car and what part is setting off the alarm.
i'd recommend two lug locks per wheel. i've seen a lot of cars where they just had one and once the theif takes off the other 4 they can just wiggle the rim enough and break off the last lug. putting two locks on each wheel will prevent this.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:42 PM

i park my car in the garage but i could leave my car parked outisde with all my windows down and all my doors unlocked with the keys in the ignition and no one would mess with it.....i live in a good neigborhood. this happened like 10 min away from my house (where the civic got stolen at) and thats ten minutes on the highway.....i am not worried about parking my car outside its just i get that feeling when i go out with friends and i have to park my car at a parking lot where anyone has access to it.....anyway if i find anyhting else out ill let u guys know!
My exgirlfrined used to leave her keys in the arm rest of her 97 pathfinder when she went home. Car was totally unlocked with keys right there. She would always say if I wanted to borrow her car to just come by and use it as long as I brought it back before she had to go to work. And nothing every happened to her car as far as i know.
just my 2¢
Old 03-18-2002, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by Kanaka

My exgirlfrined used to leave her keys in the arm rest of her 97 pathfinder when she went home. Car was totally unlocked with keys right there. She would always say if I wanted to borrow her car to just come by and use it as long as I brought it back before she had to go to work. And nothing every happened to her car as far as i know.
just my 2¢
so where is your girlfriend's house exactly? and uhm what color is the car?
Old 03-18-2002, 02:54 AM

Originally posted by Maximaxny

so where is your girlfriend's house exactly? and uhm what color is the car?
lol. well she is an ex so why should i care right? j/k.