4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Sarona body kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 10:29 PM

Sarona body kit

Does The sarona body kit for 4th gen come with bolts or screws or something to install it. Is it easy to install yourself? How long does it take to install?

Thanks Rob
Old 03-19-2002, 12:32 AM

Re: Sarona body kit

No bolts or screws, at least mine didn't. And if you have to ask if it's easy to install yourself, you can't do it. It took my body shop 2 days to custom fit the kit and install it. It involved cutting the back bumper apart, remolding all the fiberglass, cutting a sideskirt, pulling the front fenders to fit, and custom making all new mounting points because the ones on the Sarona don't work. My kit was really bad, some of the other Sarona ones aren't quite as bad, but it's not something you can do yourself if you haven't done it before.

Originally posted by xxxmarine79
Does The sarona body kit for 4th gen come with bolts or screws or something to install it. Is it easy to install yourself? How long does it take to install?

Thanks Rob
Old 03-19-2002, 07:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I won't be gettin the s. body kit... dam... that's alot..
Old 03-19-2002, 07:34 AM
lgsmaximaman

i put mine on myself and it was fairly easy it didnt take that long at all, and it fit quite nicley, but like shadow said all of them arent the same...

Old 03-19-2002, 07:47 AM

Re: Re: Sarona body kit

Originally posted by Shadow
No bolts or screws, at least mine didn't. And if you have to ask if it's easy to install yourself, you can't do it. It took my body shop 2 days to custom fit the kit and install it. It involved cutting the back bumper apart, remolding all the fiberglass, cutting a sideskirt, pulling the front fenders to fit, and custom making all new mounting points because the ones on the Sarona don't work. My kit was really bad, some of the other Sarona ones aren't quite as bad, but it's not something you can do yourself if you haven't done it before.

I remember you telling me that at NOPI last years Shadow, but me and a friend of mine just put the kit on his 95, and it went relativly well for the first body kit i have ever put on, the back fit ok, just had to drill for the bolts, side skirts were different for each side, drilled them in, haven't gotten to the front yet but I am waiting for the rain to pass but overall i have had fun doing it, it's difficult but not really hard, when he gets it painted the guy doing it is filling in the gaps and molding the peices so it should look nice
Old 03-19-2002, 07:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Sarona body kit

Yeah, I was talking to Greg (Custommaxima) and he told me that for a while, their quality got a lot better after that initial fiasco. When Ange, me, and like 10 other people all got kits that fit terribly. But right now, Sarona is making a whole new mold because recently, quality went downhill again. It's spotty, so you never knwo what you're getting.

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97
I remember you telling me that at NOPI last years Shadow, but me and a friend of mine just put the kit on his 95, and it went relativly well for the first body kit i have ever put on, the back fit ok, just had to drill for the bolts, side skirts were different for each side, drilled them in, haven't gotten to the front yet but I am waiting for the rain to pass but overall i have had fun doing it, it's difficult but not really hard, when he gets it painted the guy doing it is filling in the gaps and molding the peices so it should look nice
Old 03-19-2002, 01:56 PM

My front bumper has a nice deep scratch on the side of it thanks to a nice log. The bottom is all scratched up thanks to a couple nice driveways, and its chipped to hell from 65k miles of highway driving. Think i'd be better off repainting and fixing my bumper and getting a stillen front lip, or getting a whole new sarona front bumper? If I get the sarona bumper i'll probably get the sides too, and use the stillen rear. if I get the stillen front lip i'll just get the whole stillen kit