4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

im having som trouble.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 10:13 PM

im having som trouble.....

ok well here is teh story....i got weapon r coilovers and kyb agx struts...install was good but after i lowered it in the front i started to hear some noise....but i was told that i was gonna hear noise...here is my problem.....for some reason the front is all the way low and i can still fit 2 fingers inbetween the tire and the wheel gap...and the noise im hearing is a loud clunking noise...if thats normal then fine i dont care ill get used to it but i mena its like a weird clunking noise...the back on the other hand is fine....i lowered the car all the way low and its even on both sides and it looks fien and i cant tell of any noise in the back....its just the front..i dont understand why i cnat get it to drop...and i dont see where im getting this clunking noise from...i wasnt getting the clunking noise when i had the car at stock height...and the point of coilovers is to adjust the height of the car so i dont knwo why im getting the clunking noise when i lower it but i dont get the noise when the car is raised a bit....i checked to make sure the coilovers r installed right and tehy are...i dont know why the car is not lowering more in the front....i saw pawns max and its nice and low all the way around....

the 2nd thing im worried about is if my struts will blow or not...i paid some good money for the kyb agx struts....i wanna know if i have my car all the way low front and back if it will blow my struts....thte front is set on 2 and the back is set on 6...not that it matters im just throwing that info in...the ride is nice i cant argue about that....

thanx guys i hope somoene reads this annd helps me out....i tried talking ot pawn but he hasnt been online in the past week or so...any info would be great... thanx, Tom
Old 03-23-2002, 07:30 AM

someone must know something about my problem.........
Old 03-23-2002, 09:15 AM

Old 03-23-2002, 09:20 AM

before you lower the car....did you make sure ur coilover sat in correctly?
Old 03-23-2002, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by AznStevie
before you lower the car....did you make sure ur coilover sat in correctly?
yeah everyhting was in good shape....
its the same height both sides i donno y it wont go lower.......its put togethere same as the back and teh back is nice and low.......i donno what the diffrence in the front is...