4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rim opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Keyzursoze

Rim opinions

I've got a 97 Black GXE with chrome tints and as you guys probably know, chrome door handles. I was looking for rims and I hear u guys say that the chrome rims are usually too heavy so I'm trying to steer away from them. I found a set that I think might look nice, theyre black with chrome trim but I dont know if that would be a little over-doing the whole black thing. Also Ive never seen any cars with black rims so I dont know how they would look in real life. tell me what u guys think: http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetai...0H43GM&size=17

Old 04-07-2002, 03:07 PM

Re: Rim opinions

Originally posted by Keyzursoze
I've got a 97 Black GXE with chrome tints and as you guys probably know, chrome door handles. I was looking for rims and I hear u guys say that the chrome rims are usually too heavy so I'm trying to steer away from them. I found a set that I think might look nice, theyre black with chrome trim but I dont know if that would be a little over-doing the whole black thing. Also Ive never seen any cars with black rims so I dont know how they would look in real life. tell me what u guys think: http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetai...0H43GM&size=17
deff not bro those remind me of rice
Old 04-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Keyzursoze

theyre definately ricey looking, but im planing on upgrading the car performace-wise also, so ill have something to back up those rims. Has anyone ever seen a car with black rims though? I think it might either look amazing since its same color scheme as the car, or it might be terrible.

Old 04-07-2002, 03:19 PM

theyre definately ricey looking, but im planing on upgrading the car performace-wise also, so ill have something to back up those rims. Has anyone ever seen a car with black rims though? I think it might either look amazing since its same color scheme as the car, or it might be terrible.
well my neighbor has a civic with 18 c5 black rims with a custom white lip. i have seen many black cars with balck rims and a white lip. to me personally i think it looks like sht cause from afar they look like rims without hubs. this is my thought i mean yea u can back it up but itll still look ricey
Old 04-07-2002, 03:57 PM

i think the chrome trim looks nasty...but thats my opinion...to me i rather it be all chrome or no chrome at all
Old 04-07-2002, 04:14 PM

those rims dont look too good
Old 04-07-2002, 04:34 PM

if you have chrome tint and silver door handles and a black car, i would HIGHLY recommend you get a nice set of wheels that are a nice glossy silver finish (alloys, not chromes). BBS has a very nice selection of wheels...i have seen cars with black rims and i think it looks kinda bad, because it doesnt even look like the car has rims, rather, it looks as if the car just has cheap winter tires on without the hubcaps (steelies).
Old 04-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

here are mine, from the rack...

Bam
Old 04-07-2002, 05:52 PM

nice rims, are those borbets? i am sure there are giong to be people who will "remind" you to lower your car now...
Old 04-07-2002, 06:06 PM

Have u seen the black opal konig verdicts they look pretty good on a black maxima
Old 04-07-2002, 06:09 PM

Yeah the rims might be kinda of ricey, but i like the way they look very much. I personally think they would good on a black max, without the rim being tooo black cause it open and the nice lip. Some red paint to the brakes behind these and i think you would be set
Old 04-07-2002, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by Stillen_I30
nice rims, are those borbets? i am sure there are giong to be people who will "remind" you to lower your car now...
and "remind" you to clear your corners
Old 04-07-2002, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Stillen_I30
AT Italia Razze 5, oh yeah, i know i have to lower her, just not sure how low to go with all these new kits now.

Oh, and i need money too
Old 04-07-2002, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by Maximaxny

and "remind" you to clear your corners
Yeah, im working on that. I dont want to just get them tho. Im actually thinking of getting rid or the bumper lens' somehow. My reason? I think maxima has too many lights up front and getting rid or those would give me a cleaner look. I have something in mind, hopefully in 2 weeks....goodbye lens'