4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95 max auto climate control light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 05:35 PM

95 max auto climate control light bulbs

I went to radio shack in search of some replacement bulbs and they said they didn't have any. If anybody could let me know where I can get replacement bulbs and what the part number would be. E-mail me or put it on the board. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 95 max auto climate control light bulbs

Originally posted by Max79
I went to radio shack in search of some replacement bulbs and they said they didn't have any. If anybody could let me know where I can get replacement bulbs and what the part number would be. E-mail me or put it on the board. Thanks.

I looked all over the place including a store called Lightbulbs Unlimited and was unsuccessful. Bummer...I eventually sucked it up and went to the dealer and paid like $4.00 each. Because of their unusual design I don't think you will find them anywhere other than good ole' Nissan.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:33 PM

Re: 95 max auto climate control light bulbs

Originally posted by Max79
I think I remember someone giving the Shacks part number for these bulbs. Did you search? You might find it.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:59 PM

I looked everywhere for mine. I ended up paying $8 a piece at my Nissan dealer cause I wanted them that day.

Erik
Old 04-09-2002, 09:14 PM

Just bought some bulbs myself. Dunno if they are right since they are all blue.

Bulb 28529-OPOOO
020115 X2

Anyone know if those are correct?
Old 04-10-2002, 12:44 PM

I wanted ones that are blue myself, let me know if they work. Also does anyone know if you can change your clock to blue?
Old 04-10-2002, 04:23 PM

Contact any of the discount Nissan parts places for the bulbs. They won't be found anywhere, except at Nissan dealer parts stores. I think you can get them as cheap as $2.50 a piece. Well worth it--having unlit controls at night is a big PITA. I did all of mine because they blew at once (coincidentally with my stereo head unit replacement).

As for changing the color of the A/C unit or clock -- that will require getting blue colored translucent plastic and replacing the old ones. I think Ramius83 did it. He also put blue LEDs in all of his controls, instead of the bulbs. But it was a very tedious job. He just wouldn't give up.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:53 PM

You might be able the buy the actual bulbs at radioshack or some other place, but you'll have to put them in the little brown plastic holders yourself (without breaking the leads..). I put blue LEDs in mine..looks pretty good.

I couldn't figure out how to make the clock blue though
Maybe Ramius83 could post what he did?

-zach
Old 04-11-2002, 08:05 AM

I'm amazed

Originally posted by zboy
You might be able the buy the actual bulbs at radioshack or some other place, but you'll have to put them in the little brown plastic holders yourself (without breaking the leads..). I put blue LEDs in mine..looks pretty good.

I couldn't figure out how to make the clock blue though
Maybe Ramius83 could post what he did?

-zach
Zach, you have the patience of a God. I was able to re-thread new bulbs in for the defroster and hazard switches, because the holders are soft rubber (took 2 hours for those while watching TV), but trying to do it for the climate control ones... agg! The only blue LEDs I knew of were the ones I got at RadioShack for my window switches on the doors. The lead wires are really thick--didn't look like they'd fit in those hard plastic holders. Did you use these bulbs or some different ones? Did you do any soldering?
Old 04-11-2002, 04:18 PM

Re: I'm amazed

Originally posted by Gary95

Zach, you have the patience of a God. I was able to re-thread new bulbs in for the defroster and hazard switches, because the holders are soft rubber (took 2 hours for those while watching TV), but trying to do it for the climate control ones... agg! The only blue LEDs I knew of were the ones I got at RadioShack for my window switches on the doors. The lead wires are really thick--didn't look like they'd fit in those hard plastic holders. Did you use these bulbs or some different ones? Did you do any soldering?
Here's what I did:
http://www.z3d.com/maxima/blueclimate.html

I would highly recommend the higher mcd LED's though...I used the 300's in the climate control and I'm gonna switch to the 2600 ones when i get back home after this semester. If anything in the write-up is unclear, just ask.

-zach
Old 04-11-2002, 04:48 PM

Re: Re: I'm amazed

Originally posted by zboy

Here's what I did:
http://www.z3d.com/maxima/blueclimate.html

I would highly recommend the higher mcd LED's though...I used the 300's in the climate control and I'm gonna switch to the 2600 ones when i get back home after this semester. If anything in the write-up is unclear, just ask.

-zach
That's exactly what I did with mine. I wasn't happy that they were real dim though. I ended up putting glass stain on the back side of the buttons and using the original bulbs. It looks comparable to yours. I am still trying to perfect it though. I may also try to put some blue lexan or something behind the smoked plastic on the bose and a/c units. Your write up is great. Nice job.