4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Yellow H3 bulbs - Yellowstar comparable

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 11:24 AM

Yellow H3 bulbs - Yellowstar comparable

One of my beloved Hella Yellowstars burned out. I'm aware that the newer bulbs are no longer producing the same nice yellow light. So my questions are: I know PIAA makes an ion crystal that is yellow, can anyone post a pic or point me to one. My second question is, after searching, I've found two other manufactures, Narva and Candlepower http://suvlights.tripod.com/suvlightscom/id1.html has anyone used these and can anyone post a pic or link? Thanks for any responses.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am using PIAA crystal ION H3, they are awsome. Ill try to post pics later.
Old 04-16-2002, 05:37 PM

BUMP Sorry guys, had to do it. I really want to get my fog lights working again and want to order the H3's as soon as possible. 1FSTMAX the pictures would be great but I understand how that goes - so a quick question instead; is the light produced really a yellow and when viewing the lights head on, are they yellow. Thanks
BTW - if anyone is interested in an 85 watt H3 style Hella Yellowstar bulb (the old, good ones) I have one for cheap.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:22 PM

I actually have a set of PIAA Ion crystals lyin around. Stealth Max has a good deal on them.
Hope they look as good as everyone says they do.

- Phynder
Old 04-16-2002, 08:58 PM

I think have an extra "good" Yellowstar that was used for 6 months and then I got into an accident and the matching one burned out, so I had to replace them with something newer. If you want it (and I can find it in my closet, it is in a piaa fog case) then you can have it for the price of shipping to whereever you live. Email me if you want to take me up on it, I will look for it tonight.

BTW, the Piaa Crystal Ion looks more like the yellow light at a stop light than the yellow the Yellowstars put out. I would consider it more orange from the top, but it is more white when looking straight on.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:21 PM

Here are pics of my crystal ions I took tonight, I couldn't get the color to turn out right and they look significantly more yellow in the picture than they really are, at least on my car, and I didn't want to stand out in the rain much longer. To get an idea of the color put out by them look at the ground . . . That is a better representation. This is the best I could do for the moment though:

Old 04-17-2002, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by Adidas_Boy
I think have an extra "good" Yellowstar that was used for 6 months and then I got into an accident and the matching one burned out, so I had to replace them with something newer. If you want it (and I can find it in my closet, it is in a piaa fog case) then you can have it for the price of shipping to whereever you live. Email me if you want to take me up on it, I will look for it tonight.

BTW, the Piaa Crystal Ion looks more like the yellow light at a stop light than the yellow the Yellowstars put out. I would consider it more orange from the top, but it is more white when looking straight on.
That's why this place is the shiiznit...ppl like you adidas_boy! Person asks a question and you go out of your way to fix his problem.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:02 AM
Former Sponsor

I have a pair of PIAA Crystal Yellow Ion H3s bulbs if ya wana buy them, PM me for the price... I have them for a set of stock fogs I was gona put on my Max... but I'm lagging on putting the fogs in so I wana sell the bulbs...
PM me if you are interested
Old 04-17-2002, 10:26 AM

Hey thanks everyone for the replies, especially the pictures. I know they're a pain to do. Thanks for standing in the rain Addidas Boy - much appreciated. I'm also gonna email you. If the Yellowstar is right I'll probably do that, but it's nice to know what the PIAAs look like.