4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ever bought anything from this site?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 09:27 AM

ever bought anything from this site?

Hey guys, an excited new 4th gen max owner here. After drooling over Maximas for 2 years, and convincing several Honda and Toyota owners to buy one, I finally saved up enough to get one for myself.....woooohooo what a sweet machine.

I picked up a 98 GLE for CAN$20,500 (US$ 13,000) with 45,000Kms (28,000 miles). The 65 year old gentleman traded it in for a brand new Max while I was at the dealership looking at other maximas. He took such awesome care of this one that my mechanic told me to pick it up ASAP.

Now I got two questions:

1 - Anyone every buy parts from http://www.nissanpartsusa.com. Their online catalog has OEM fog light kit for US$176. But they have no mailing address or phone number? Am I being paranoid or does this seem shady (never boghty anything on-line before) .

2- The fog light switch on stock models is part of the light controls on the steering column. Where do I put the switch for after market kits? Do I put it in the empty slot beside the light dimmer switch? If so, where do I get a decent looking switch, not one that looks like it belongs in a UHaul or an 18 wheeler..!

Thanks for your help..!
Old 04-28-2002, 10:10 AM

the foglight kit will come with a replacement for your current headlight control thing.........and dont buy it from them, you can get it cheaper from courtessyparts.com
Old 04-29-2002, 02:09 AM

Re: ever bought anything from this site?

Originally posted by maxamer
Hey guys, an excited new 4th gen max owner here. After drooling over Maximas for 2 years, and convincing several Honda and Toyota owners to buy one, I finally saved up enough to get one for myself.....woooohooo what a sweet machine.

I picked up a 98 GLE for CAN$20,500 (US$ 13,000) with 45,000Kms (28,000 miles). The 65 year old gentleman traded it in for a brand new Max while I was at the dealership looking at other maximas. He took such awesome care of this one that my mechanic told me to pick it up ASAP.

Now I got two questions:

1 - Anyone every buy parts from http://www.nissanpartsusa.com. Their online catalog has OEM fog light kit for US$176. But they have no mailing address or phone number? Am I being paranoid or does this seem shady (never boghty anything on-line before) .

2- The fog light switch on stock models is part of the light controls on the steering column. Where do I put the switch for after market kits? Do I put it in the empty slot beside the light dimmer switch? If so, where do I get a decent looking switch, not one that looks like it belongs in a UHaul or an 18 wheeler..!

Thanks for your help..!
A few years back, I found really nice looking switches at Pep Boys. The fit was perfect in the blank spots. I drilled a tiny hole next to it to house an LED when powered on. I haven't seen the switches since then. They must be discontinued. Luckily, I bought about 4 of them (3 of them I placed in the coin trays where the cup holder is). But, what you can do,I suggest, is buy the "blank" spot covers and install your aftermarket switch there. In my opinion, I would suggest a "toggle" like switch, maybe. Or, if you want to have a factory look, just buy the "turn signal/light switch" stalk with the fog switch built in and wire it up that way. In fact, I was planning on doing this, too. I believe (from what I heard) that this is a direct swap. I hope this information helps any.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
the foglight kit will come with a replacement for your current headlight control thing.........and dont buy it from them, you can get it cheaper from courtessyparts.com
good to know about that i'll get a new light switch for the steering column.

I checked on courtsey nissan's web site, they've got CHEAP OEM fog lights for 2k-2k2 max but none for 1999 or lower ..! Anyways I emailed their parts dept. and am waiting for some good news. Thanks for your input.