4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Really funny thing happened the other day!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 08:52 PM

Really funny thing happened the other day!

I must admit I was having a good day last week and I was feeling like I can drive fast and zig zag through traffic and be aggressive because I am cool with my brand new cd I just burned blasting. Well I had to drive on the L.I.E. to college in not yet rush hour, lunch time hours when it is still cop city and I am flying (flying on the LIE to me is 85) and I notice this motocycle following my every move. Now sometimes people do that because they want to get through the traffic too so they use your exact path you just made. And I notice after about 30 seconds that he's comming up pretty close and fast so I remain @ like 80 now and I look at his bike closely it says POLICE I almost sh*t because I was not even TRYING to slow down like people do after they pass the cop to be courteous. I drop my speed down to 70 because I couldn't brake and he pulls up along side of me, looks at me looks at his speedometer, points to it then looks back at me at waves his finger in that terminater 2 kindoff "no-no" or "very bad" shakes his head and passes me (at a not so shabby speed) while the whole time I am scruntched up in my seat like the five year old girl I once was an mouthed the whispered word "sorry". With my tint dark enough that he couldn't tell who or what I was... I was so embarrased becuse everybody..atleast by me...watches cops every move on the highway and I was just thinking I was the hottest sh*t 5 minutes ago p***ing everyone off..I dont know, I thought it was hilarious. Everybody saw it, but thank god they can't see through my tint! No ticket..ha ha!
Old 05-05-2002, 09:40 PM

Re: Really funny thing happened the other day!

Originally posted by ladymax20
I must admit I was having a good day last week and I was feeling like I can drive fast and zig zag through traffic and be aggressive because I am cool with my brand new cd I just burned blasting. Well I had to drive on the L.I.E. to college in not yet rush hour, lunch time hours when it is still cop city and I am flying (flying on the LIE to me is 85) and I notice this motocycle following my every move. Now sometimes people do that because they want to get through the traffic too so they use your exact path you just made. And I notice after about 30 seconds that he's comming up pretty close and fast so I remain @ like 80 now and I look at his bike closely it says POLICE I almost sh*t because I was not even TRYING to slow down like people do after they pass the cop to be courteous. I drop my speed down to 70 because I couldn't brake and he pulls up along side of me, looks at me looks at his speedometer, points to it then looks back at me at waves his finger in that terminater 2 kindoff "no-no" or "very bad" shakes his head and passes me (at a not so shabby speed) while the whole time I am scruntched up in my seat like the five year old girl I once was an mouthed the whispered word "sorry". With my tint dark enough that he couldn't tell who or what I was... I was so embarrased becuse everybody..atleast by me...watches cops every move on the highway and I was just thinking I was the hottest sh*t 5 minutes ago p***ing everyone off..I dont know, I thought it was hilarious. Everybody saw it, but thank god they can't see through my tint! No ticket..ha ha!
And people say they are happy with thier 35% tint! Ha. Yet another reason for 5%, people cant ID you in a lineup

DPW
Old 05-05-2002, 09:46 PM

i could relate

Not too far from where i work theres a radar detector built into the traffic light so it goes off when u get anyway near the light and about a block away from the light ..........yeah so i make the left turn to get on the street were i work and the radar is still going off so i'm thinking it's just picking up the signal from the light i just passed anyways i see my friend ahead of me so without thinking i floor it trying to catch up to him and i go past this narrow dirt road at about 65 mph in a 40 mph zone and right after i pass i see a cop parked on the side of the road.........He had to have his gun on because my radar went off wildy and i'm thinking i'm screwed so i brake hard getting ready to pull to the side and collect my speeding ticket and i look back and the cop hasn't even left the dam road..........so i'm like what just happend hear trying to analyze the whole thing after i got to work
Old 05-05-2002, 09:50 PM

That's a funny story. I know I can relate. What I hate the most is the feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you look in the mirror and see a cop car behind you, when you're blatantly speeding.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:57 PM

u kno the same crap happens to me once in a while, i wasgoing 60 on woodhaven blvd the other day and theres a cop right next to me and he dont do jack...last week then, im on union tpke at 1 am, going 25, not speeding, nuthing, they pull me over...grrr, cuz they got nuthin better to do than pick on people at that time
Old 05-05-2002, 10:03 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

you got lucky

It happened to me once, but I honestly did nothing wrong.. cop pulled me over and made me stand like an *** for 10 minutes.. he didn't get out of his car or anything.. then he just drove away and said some dumb **** on the loud speaker saying "I hope you get the hint" I don't know.. I didn't even ****ing do anything, at least i didn't notice.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:17 PM

oooh nyce max...I need to buy lights from you...pronto..I have been looking for you.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:24 PM

Re: Re: Really funny thing happened the other day!

oooh nyce max...I need to buy lights from you...pronto..I have been looking for you.
check your other posts and your Private messages.. I have replied to all, I don't want to retype that info again
Old 05-05-2002, 10:26 PM

You're lucky.

Not all cops carry radar guns so not all cops want to give out tickets. And sometimes cops are just lazy (although I doubt that was the case here, since he was right behind you ).

Something really funny happened to me about a week ago. I was driving about 80mph (my normal cruising speed) down Route 8, which is a regular old 55-mph speed limit CT highway. It was pretty late at night and I was coming up on an area that I know cops like to hang out on, so I must've just been tired or something to not think to slow down. As a matter of fact, I was actually speeding up so that by the time I passed the cop I was doing close to 90. I drive past him, see him on the side of the road, almost $hit myself, and get ready to slow down. Except...

He doesn't do a damn thing. Just sits there as I keep driving along. A few seconds later, though, I see his lights go on behind me so now I'm really ready to slow down. But he didn't even come after me, instead he pulled over this other car that I had passed earlier going about 65.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm sure we all know how you feel. It's like seeing a ghost.

I have been in that situation more than a few times. I probably overdid it being too cautious making the cop even more suspicious of me.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Really funny thing happened the other day!

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

check your other posts and your Private messages.. I have replied to all, I don't want to retype that info again
sorry, don't see any
Old 05-05-2002, 10:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Really funny thing happened the other day!

sorry, don't see any
oh yes I do
Old 05-05-2002, 11:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Really funny thing happened the other day!

oh yes I do
check it again
Old 05-05-2002, 11:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Really funny thing happened the other day!

check it again
ain't nuttin wrong wit a little wheel gap if I do say so myself.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Really funny thing happened the other day!

check it again
ain't nuttin wrong wit a little wheel gap if I do say so myself.