4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

weekend projects and a quick question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 02:34 PM

weekend projects and a quick question...

finally took off my pinstripe and shaved my a$$. looks sweeeeeeeeeet. the pinstriping was easy but the emblems took some effort to scrub off. now, i can still see the outline of the pinstripe and the emblems, but i think a little buffing and waxing should do he trick. now for the quick question...

my car has been acting wierd when i try to accelerate while i'm moving. my friend has an is300 and whenever we are on the road we always punch the gas for the hell of it. but sometimes, my car doesn't shift till a good 1.5 - 2 seconds. is there something wrong with the tranny? i've been researching how people clean the throttle body (i think that's what it's called) and some other stuff. let me know, thanks in advance.

sorry i can't do a search cause i have no idea what it could be. if you know of any threads, tell me what to search for and i will.

hahaha, with my emblems off and no pinstriping, my car wieghs .00002 pounds less, and that means .0000000000001 seconds off my quarter mile!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

Old 05-09-2002, 08:50 AM

Re: weekend projects and a quick question...

I don't know if this helps, but i heard someone say that it might be a torque converter issue. or a long shot - a clogged up EGR.

Originally posted by Ruckus
finally took off my pinstripe and shaved my a$$. looks sweeeeeeeeeet. the pinstriping was easy but the emblems took some effort to scrub off. now, i can still see the outline of the pinstripe and the emblems, but i think a little buffing and waxing should do he trick. now for the quick question...

my car has been acting wierd when i try to accelerate while i'm moving. my friend has an is300 and whenever we are on the road we always punch the gas for the hell of it. but sometimes, my car doesn't shift till a good 1.5 - 2 seconds. is there something wrong with the tranny? i've been researching how people clean the throttle body (i think that's what it's called) and some other stuff. let me know, thanks in advance.

sorry i can't do a search cause i have no idea what it could be. if you know of any threads, tell me what to search for and i will.

hahaha, with my emblems off and no pinstriping, my car wieghs .00002 pounds less, and that means .0000000000001 seconds off my quarter mile!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!