4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Attn ALL Maxima.Org members

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2000, 04:23 PM

As much as you might see my posts here on the board, I don't live here, so sometimes I might not be able to answer to posts very quickly. I also was told about this post thru someone else, I have never looked under "Dealership and shop Experiences". So I have not been aware of this post until 5 minutes ago.

I also received an email from the guy who failed to contact me before it went 3 months out. Unfortunately he tells me he used Paypal to pay, so I have no paperwork on him (This is why I do not recommend paypal for payment, its not very easy to work with in situations like this). In his email to me he Did NOT give me his full name, any car info, time of purchase, etc. So at this point I don't have a ton of info to go by. I use my CC processing people for 4 different entities, the VB modification charges only being ONE of those, and the other 3 have nothing to do with autombiles.

I have done literally 100+ of these modifications in the last 8 months or so, and have never had a problem with anyone to this day. My book-keeping is done thru an outside agency, so if I don't hear of an issue directly, I really won't know whats going on. Again, if you use the methods of payment that are recommended (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), You will be protected and will never have a problem.

I find it interesting to see so many people that are so quick to pass judgement on someone who (in the last three years) has done nothing but be an enthusiast on this board and help in situations when possible. I assume thse posts are made out of immaturity and with time, will pass. It looks like 2-3 people have made a decision about me and my business practices with all the knowledge of "one post" with no more details than I've been given. Kudos to you guys, you will make good Supreme court justices one day (making decisions before both sides are heard).

For those of you who haven't passed judgement, the VB mod will continue to be available.

For those of you who continue to post on things you have no direct knowledge of, or have made a decision without hearing both sides, this modification is probably not right for you.

Don in Texas
Old 12-01-2000, 09:20 PM
Surge Diesal

Try not to take it too personal

Never dealt with you before, but from reading your posts I know that you are amongst the select few on this board who actually have something worthwhile to say other then, "Dude, I just got some new blue lights." I found your post on LSD to be very helpful.

Don't get bugged by the few folks on this board who log on thinking they know whats up with cars when their knowledge is limited to, "My car picks up chicks." There are several individuals on this board who have absolutely no business talking tech with you, but they sure can flame, f'n genius'.

Old 12-01-2000, 09:36 PM

Re: Try not to take it too personal

Originally posted by Surge Diesal
Never dealt with you before, but from reading your posts I know that you are amongst the select few on this board who actually have something worthwhile to say other then, "Dude, I just got some new blue lights." I found your post on LSD to be very helpful.

Don't get bugged by the few folks on this board who log on thinking they know whats up with cars when their knowledge is limited to, "My car picks up chicks." There are several individuals on this board who have absolutely no business talking tech with you, but they sure can flame, f'n genius'.
i replyed to don in the dealership and shop forum. unlike u (surge) i don't like run arounds. most of the ppl on this board might not know whats up but i hope they know that keeping somebody money for 3 month with out trying to refund the money back is wrong. go to the dealership and shop forum and read my reply before u reply to me.
Old 12-01-2000, 10:14 PM
Surge Diesal

Originally posted by Don in Texas
I also received an email from the guy who failed to contact me before it went 3 months out. Unfortunately he tells me he used Paypal to pay, so I have no paperwork on him (This is why I do not recommend paypal for payment, its not very easy to work with in situations like this). In his email to me he Did NOT give me his full name, any car info, time of purchase, etc. So at this point I don't have a ton of info to go by.
Don is an a**
Just reasearched up on the situation, and I must say that while I have no say on the refund issue may main dispute came with the tone and diction of the flame. We must all remain civilized and act accordingly. My mother owes me $300 while another friend owes me $150, but you will not hear me cussing out either of the two. I know that the ~$400 for the VB job may be a lot of money to some folk, but gang-jumping Don isn't going to do nothing to a man who has done so many of the jobs to so many satisfied customers. This is one disgruntled voice amongst the hundred some odd happily shifting VBs with Don's fingerprints on them.

Besides, maybe this should be a lesson. Dont go AUTO

Old 12-01-2000, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by Surge Diesal
Originally posted by Don in Texas
I also received an email from the guy who failed to contact me before it went 3 months out. Unfortunately he tells me he used Paypal to pay, so I have no paperwork on him (This is why I do not recommend paypal for payment, its not very easy to work with in situations like this). In his email to me he Did NOT give me his full name, any car info, time of purchase, etc. So at this point I don't have a ton of info to go by.
Don is an a**
Just reasearched up on the situation, and I must say that while I have no say on the refund issue may main dispute came with the tone and diction of the flame. We must all remain civilized and act accordingly. My mother owes me $300 while another friend owes me $150, but you will not hear me cussing out either of the two. I know that the ~$400 for the VB job may be a lot of money to some folk, but gang-jumping Don isn't going to do nothing to a man who has done so many of the jobs to so many satisfied customers. This is one disgruntled voice amongst the hundred some odd happily shifting VBs with Don's fingerprints on them.

Besides, maybe this should be a lesson. Dont go AUTO
if u read my reply in the dealership and shop forum u will see that i said it has nothing to do with don's work or vb mod. i just read his reply which is all over the place. yes he helped 100's of ppl with his mod but what about the ppl that have had problems, i would like to hear them too, instead of telling them to shut up in a nice way, this is a forum. 1 day i might get a vb from don. i buy what i want just like i got an auto. when you buy something and lend some money its not the same.