4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Why do people down or doubt others...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 03:35 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Why do people down or doubt others...

Take this thread for example..
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&pagenumber=1

There are a few, not everyone, who just can't believe a NOS'd maxima beat a modded 300zTT.

Now I did not say the most modded z, or that it had a turbo upgrade, it had a body kit and exhaust work... So I call it modded.

I just used this as an example, we are getting better, the turbo thread was a good example of that.

But I tell you people come down hard on folks over some things that could be true.

I am guilty of this as well, I am worse than most actually, but I am trying to get better. And I have admitted I have a problem, or 4

Sorry about my rant it just stuck out in my mind.

Flame me please, I am a postwhore who would love to post more.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:44 PM

lol....

As far as your example goes..... a "modded" 300ZX TT normally implys more boost and supporting mods, not just a body kit and exhaust. So if people would be a bit more specific when they post, then the doubts would probably not appear as much.

But when people get on and say things like I beat a xxxxx that is CLEARLY faster then they need to be flamed off the board! The Maxima is a great car for what it is, and it's fast for a family sedan. That being said... it is NOT the fastest or the nicest car out there as some people seem to think it is! It's not an engineering marvel as some seem to think. Nissan engineers are not Gods of any fashion.

Nissan does build reliable, decent cars, but people need to get off of their high horse and realize that Nissan is not the greatest thing out there.

Not everyone on this board is that way, but there are plenty of people that feel this way, and you need to come back to Earth at some point

I also need some post, so bring on the heat!
Old 06-07-2002, 04:00 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by JdawgX
lol....

As far as your example goes..... a "modded" 300ZX TT normally implys more boost and supporting mods, not just a body kit and exhaust. So if people would be a bit more specific when they post, then the doubts would probably not appear as much.
Ok I'll buy that, but why not ask instead of assuming?

But when people get on and say things like I beat a xxxxx that is CLEARLY faster then they need to be flamed off the board! The Maxima is a great car for what it is, and it's fast for a family sedan. That being said... it is NOT the fastest or the nicest car out there as some people seem to think it is! It's not an engineering marvel as some seem to think. Nissan engineers are not Gods of any fashion..
Agreed, good car but not the greatest and a 911 TT will win against a max

Nissan does build reliable, decent cars, but people need to get off of their high horse and realize that Nissan is not the greatest thing out there.

Not everyone on this board is that way, but there are plenty of people that feel this way, and you need to come back to Earth at some point

I also need some post, so bring on the heat!

But you did not say anything about a legit post?

And your response was well put