4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pics of my max, paintless dent removal questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 06:00 PM

Pics of my max, paintless dent removal questions

Hey whats up here's the link to my cardomain page:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...3&cat=25&val=1

I've got a question on the paintless dent removal i've read about on here. I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I've got a question. I have a few dings and whatnot and if you look at the bottom two pics on my page, the dealership i got it from said a guy pulled the dents out, they are pulled out but you can still tell they were there and i hate the way it looks. It doesn't look like much in the picture but in more light and in person you can tell and it's ****ing me off, any help please? thanks, lemme know what you think.
bob
Old 06-10-2002, 06:29 PM
I need a truck

Re: Pics of my max, paintless dent removal questions

what were you told about that sig .... bye bye
Old 06-10-2002, 06:52 PM

sorry, changed it, edited out for your virgin ears
bob
Old 06-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so are you asking if the paintless dent removal place did a good job?........no way, i can clearly see the dents.

If you are thinking about going to one, i cant tell wether they are good or not, i never tried them. but i will within a week.Ill let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:47 PM
rmb

Re: Pics of my max, paintless dent removal questions

Originally posted by RSA_MAX
Hey whats up here's the link to my cardomain page:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...3&cat=25&val=1

I've got a question on the paintless dent removal i've read about on here. I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I've got a question. I

bob
My experiences with the various "Dent Wizards" around here in CT are mixed. It really depends on the guy, not the process or the tools. That being said, one guy was a friggen artist and removed 3 really bad dings. That's all I've seen the "Dent Wizard" guys are good at, small sharp dings where the paint has not cracked and the metal is evenly distorted.

Yours are not dings, but full blown dents. Nothing short of a new panel or some bondo-god/autobody place is going to bring that to 100%.... It would be impossible to remove the rippling of the metal at this point...

But it really doesn't look all that bad in my opinion.

Remember that within 10 years that car will be crushed into a cube no bigger that a coffee table and recycled. Don't waste too much $$$$....

-RMB
Old 06-11-2002, 08:59 PM

I just got my car done at Dent Wizard on Saturday. The guy did a great job getting the 15 or so misc. dents and dings out of my car. They were cheap and did a good job. I also think it depends on the guy who takes the dents out. I was watching the guy most of the time, and it looked like he was very cautious about getting it done right the first time. From the pictures, it looks as if the person doing the removal went very fast and did a sloppy job. I would highly recommend it if you could find a reliable person to do it like I did. Hope all goes well.