4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

S/C ordered, what else do I need to add to engine for this mod?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 01:27 PM

S/C ordered, what else do I need to add to engine for this mod?

The supercharger will arrive in a couple weeks, but I know that I will need to add other modifications to my engine to maximize the efficiency of the s/c. Could someone more knowledgeable about the engine of an automatic 1997 maxima se help me understand exactly what else I'll be needing, what works best, what the different other parts do, etc. Specifically, I need information on changing pulley size/brand/safety and on a VB mod. Thanks for your help, I've been saving almost two years for this!

Teddo
Old 06-13-2002, 01:42 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Don's VB Mod from Mobiletek.net, tranny cooler (eg. B&M Supercooler), A/F and Boost gauges, one step colder NGK PFR6G-11s ...

Check my recent posting to Iansw about installing the vb mod...
Old 06-13-2002, 01:42 PM

Re: S/C ordered, what else do I need to add to engine for this mod?

Originally posted by max425
The supercharger will arrive in a couple weeks, but I know that I will need to add other modifications to my engine to maximize the efficiency of the s/c. Could someone more knowledgeable about the engine of an automatic 1997 maxima se help me understand exactly what else I'll be needing, what works best, what the different other parts do, etc. Specifically, I need information on changing pulley size/brand/safety and on a VB mod. Thanks for your help, I've been saving almost two years for this!

Teddo
First off, Congrats! second you might want to look into a Y-pipe, Tranny Cooler, VB mod, don't know how hot it is where you are but might want an oil cooler, depending on the size of pulley you may want some type of intercooling(Waterinjection/Custom Front Mount), New colder plugs, i think that should be good for now...if anyone knows of other items he might need or could be usefull please add on ...
Old 06-13-2002, 01:45 PM

Re: Re: S/C ordered, what else do I need to add to engine for this mod?

Originally posted by jhans114

First off, Congrats! second you might want to look into a Y-pipe, Tranny Cooler, VB mod, don't know how hot it is where you are but might want an oil cooler, depending on the size of pulley you may want some type of intercooling(Waterinjection/Custom Front Mount), New colder plugs, i think that should be good for now...if anyone knows of other items he might need or could be usefull please add on ...
Almost forgot, you might want to try an Apexi SAFC or other type of fuel control system...It really helped me.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:06 PM

thanks

Alright, thanks for the posts, I've emailed Don about the VB mod and have looked into the other mods as well. What information can you give me regarding the pulley and how much will it help?

Teddo
Old 06-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Banned

If you have the $$$ you may want to invest in some low-compression pistons from JE Pistons. You can boost more safely.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you really want to be secure with the tranny.... Contact Level10.com... I have there bullet proof tranny on my Max and I haven't had any problems...
Old 06-14-2002, 01:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: S/C ordered, what else do I need to add to engine for this mod?

Originally posted by max425

Teddo
Synthetic oil and a boost gauge. An additional gauge like a egt, fuel pressure, or air/fuel mixture gauge ($$$$) would be useful as well.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:41 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

If this is the V2 SC kit I'd recommend getting aluminumn idler and tensioner pulleys from DanNY. Several org members have suffered meltdowns of the tensioner pulley as they are made out of a plastic-like material.

DanNY says that the offer ends today. See the link below:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=126268