4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

clear corners always look like this??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 11:47 PM

clear corners always look like this??

i was just wondering if the diamond cut clear corners always have such an easily seen orange bulb(anything smaller?)...you need that bulb to me legal right???

is it as easily seen as i think it is or do you not really see the orange bulb?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4.jpg.orig.jpg
Old 06-19-2002, 12:03 AM

you can get away with a clear bulb that ives off a yellowish light
Old 06-19-2002, 01:17 AM

Re: clear corners always look like this??

Originally posted by luckee2bhere
i was just wondering if the diamond cut clear corners always have such an easily seen orange bulb(anything smaller?)...you need that bulb to me legal right???

is it as easily seen as i think it is or do you not really see the orange bulb?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4.jpg.orig.jpg
Your pic link is busted. But I'm assuming that you are saying you can see an orange dot in your clear. Yes, it's highly illegal to have clear bulbs as your blinkers. What people do is put a couple of light coat of high temp silver paint on your bulb, first you won't see the orange tint during daylight, but it'll still blink amber. Hope this is what your concern was.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

your link doesnt work. You can easily see orange in mine...I ordered diamond cut, but they dont have ridges on the front piece and its clear...so you can easily see the bulb. Your right...the orange takes away from the whole effect.
Old 06-19-2002, 07:30 AM

FWIW if you live in Missouri, you *can* put clear bulbs in there. Here's a link about it:

http://www.moga.state.mo.us/statutes...99/3070095.htm
White front lights in MO
Old 06-19-2002, 07:35 AM

yes, just keep your clear yelloish light i had no probs
Old 06-19-2002, 09:34 AM

If you live in Canada, you can do whatever the heck you want, i'm replacing them with hyperwhites and hyperwhite signals too
Old 06-19-2002, 09:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RastaManMax
If you live in Canada, you can do whatever the heck you want, i'm replacing them with hyperwhites and hyperwhite signals too
Cool, let's all move to Canada!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by RastaManMax
Two points:

1) NO, you CAN'T do whatever you want...Cops can give you tickets, but don't want to be bothered (until they pull you over for speeding!)
There are laws governing lights, but, Cops have better things to do...

2) I noticed on the original post that you're using orange bulbs on the side as well -- that, you don't have to do, and you can use a white bulb.

hope this helps.
FLO_BOY
Old 06-19-2002, 11:14 AM
Kevlo for President

Originally posted by FLO_BOY

Two points:

1) NO, you CAN'T do whatever you want...Cops can give you tickets, but don't want to be bothered (until they pull you over for speeding!)

2) I noticed on the original post that you're using orange bulbs on the side as well -- that, you don't have to do, and you can use a white bulb.

hope this helps.
FLO_BOY

can't you just put the regular stock bulb, cuz won't it blink yellow >???
Old 06-19-2002, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by kevlo911

can't you just put the regular stock bulb, cuz won't it blink yellow >???
The regular stock bulb is clear because stock used the amber corner pieces. So it'll blink clear if you use stock bulbs in your clear bumper lenses.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:25 AM

Re: clear corners always look like this??

i feel ur pain, mine look the same way
Old 06-19-2002, 01:07 PM

Re: Re: clear corners always look like this??

Originally posted by Tifosi

Your pic link is busted. But I'm assuming that you are saying you can see an orange dot in your clear. Yes, it's highly illegal to have clear bulbs as your blinkers. What people do is put a couple of light coat of high temp silver paint on your bulb, first you won't see the orange tint during daylight, but it'll still blink amber. Hope this is what your concern was.
wow thats an awesome trick...BTW if I had money my car would look exactly like yours man...good looking Max
Old 06-19-2002, 09:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: clear corners always look like this??

Originally posted by luckee2bhere

wow thats an awesome trick...BTW if I had money my car would look exactly like yours man...good looking Max
Thanks!

Just updated my homepage and sig pic. Check it out
Old 06-19-2002, 10:27 PM

Re: Re: clear corners always look like this??

Originally posted by Tifosi

do u have a problem with paint coming off on your clears? b4 i got polarg red bulbs for my clear tails, i painted them with red high temp paint and when i took them out, they had left a paint residue...
Old 06-19-2002, 10:32 PM

Originally posted by eatmocake

do u have a problem with paint coming off on your clears? b4 i got polarg red bulbs for my clear tails, i painted them with red high temp paint and when i took them out, they had left a paint residue...
hmm... not that I know of, but then I haven't checked mine lately either.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by FLO_BOY

Two points:

hope this helps.
FLO_BOY
Better still... cops around here in the 'burbs have nothing to do but eat donuts and drink coffee, and will ticket you for farting too loud. Having hyperwhite signals will gaurantee harrassment here. Cops in my area jump on rice like starving refugees.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:43 AM

are hyperwhites painted blue? to have that super "white look", if so what does it matter if u can see orange? if u put the blue in u will see blue heh. And btw they have bulbs with the high temp silver coating on them...go to your local flea market or rice store
Old 08-07-2002, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by eatmocake

Sounds like somebody didn't use high temp spray paint, or didn't let them dry long enough... I did mine 3 days ago and am going to install them soon...
Old 08-07-2002, 10:14 AM

When i got my clears i noticed the dumb amber bulbs right away, i put the stock clear bulbs back in the sides but left the amber ones in the front turn signals. Now the only problem is the sides arent matching the corners, headlights or fogs..... Im in MA so i dont need any trouble from the police so ill stick to my amber bulb
Old 08-07-2002, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Krash513
When i got my clears i noticed the dumb amber bulbs right away, i put the stock clear bulbs back in the sides but left the amber ones in the front turn signals. Now the only problem is the sides arent matching the corners, headlights or fogs..... Im in MA so i dont need any trouble from the police so ill stick to my amber bulb
Switch your corners, headlights and fogs to all the same type of bulb and spray your amber bulbs with high temp spray paint... I'm a perfectionist so i made all mine match so the cops are gonna be chasing me like i'm a chocolate covered donut...
Old 08-07-2002, 05:08 PM

i put xenons in my clear cornors and turn signles and i have been pulled over for having fog lights on when its not foggy and the cop didnt say anything about them. iv never had a cop say anything about them at all.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by Krash513
I've had all stock bulbs in my clears since last March, and no cops have given me any harassment....

My question is, will MA cops give you crap if you have hyper-white rear turn signals? I've seen plenty of cars with rear hyper-wite turn signals...
Old 08-07-2002, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by 97BLKMAXSE
i put xenons in my clear cornors and turn signles and i have been pulled over for having fog lights on when its not foggy and the cop didnt say anything about them. iv never had a cop say anything about them at all.
You've been pulled over for having fogs on when its not foggy? I have never heard of such a thing...

I drive with my fogs on all the time and cops don't say anything...unless you have aftermarket super-bright ones or something
Old 08-08-2002, 03:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by MaxWolf
your link doesnt work. You can easily see orange in mine...I ordered diamond cut, but they dont have ridges on the front piece and its clear...so you can easily see the bulb. Your right...the orange takes away from the whole effect.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:10 AM

RAYBRIG
I think they make a silver bulb that blinks amber. so in the day you see nothing, but when it lights up it is yellow/orange.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:38 AM

Originally posted by Kanaka
RAYBRIG
I think they make a silver bulb that blinks amber. so in the day you see nothing, but when it lights up it is yellow/orange.
I think Phillips makes one too (not 100 percent sure though), but I know that Polarg makes one, it's called the Hybrid Visual series.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:27 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity

I think Phillips makes one too (not 100 percent sure though), but I know that Polarg makes one, it's called the Hybrid Visual series.
they both do, you can pick those or some apc's that are silver but blink amber at pep boys, or maybe autozone. my girlfriend got some for her new tiburon.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:01 AM

Does anybody know the law in Ottawa/Ontario/Canada on having orange sidemarkers? Has anyone been pulled over for it before? BTW, my spraying over the amber front turn signals went EXCELLENT, you can't see ANY reflection in the bulb at all and it still flashes bright orange during the day and at nite... Only problem is that some people are staring them down as if they want to jack them If there's anybody in the Ottawa area that needs them done, just lemme know $5 for the front 2 amber flashers done with silver high temp spray paint...