4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

should i wait or race now??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 10:31 PM

should i wait or race now??

theres this little race team at my school and i saw these kids at my work and they were making fun of my car and talking about how its a family sedan. well not to many people like these kids so i was like ok u think i am a pu**y and my car is too, how about this, i box every single one of you and then race you so then i can embarrase you 2 times in one night! well they wouldnt box me (whos the pu**y now ) but they did agree to race me with their 2 fastest cars. auto gsr with intake and muffler and a 5speed 4banger accord coupe with intake, exhuast, headers. im pretty confident i will take the accord but what about the gsr??? my question is should i wait for a y-pipe or just race them now?? i wont have the y-pipe for like a month tho, so dont want to wait. will i lose?? i am an auto 96' max w/ CAI. i have beatin many accords like this but never raced a gsr?
Old 06-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

auto GSR? There's no such thing.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:56 PM

yea..there's no such thing as an auto gsr, but if it is auto then it's slow cus it's not typeR or gsr...the kid jus think's he's got a GSR so jus whooop them both
Old 06-28-2002, 10:58 PM

no auto gsr? i didnt know that but it sounds believable.
man, i told you about how i kicked my boys butt in his 5 speed gsr. he had header, shortram intake and catback from zigen. with my y pipe intake and muffler i ate him ALIVE. id say if it was a full out race id have him by 4-5 cars at 80mph
so, try a comparison. the y pipe helps TREMENDOUSLY for us and a gsr is quick modded. when i was stock (no y pipe or anythign) i hung with his gsr with intake and catback. so if youre not stock then youll hang or win. i say RACE THEM!!! race them and place a bet. if you win, you get to spray paint MAXIMA OWNS YOU on their cars
Old 06-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by sil SE
no auto gsr? i didnt know that but it sounds believable.
man, i told you about how i kicked my boys butt in his 5 speed gsr. he had header, shortram intake and catback from zigen. with my y pipe intake and muffler i ate him ALIVE. id say if it was a full out race id have him by 4-5 cars at 80mph
so, try a comparison. the y pipe helps TREMENDOUSLY for us and a gsr is quick modded. when i was stock (no y pipe or anythign) i hung with his gsr with intake and catback. so if youre not stock then youll hang or win. i say RACE THEM!!! race them and place a bet. if you win, you get to spray paint MAXIMA OWNS YOU on their cars
What is the h/p of a stock 97 GLE maxima.. i heard it was like 190 stocked?

I lost to a reg 94 mustang.. WTF? He was basically stock too.. we only went 1/8th mile.. i had a bad start...

he got a 5 speed...
i got auto..

i heard auto's can still beat reg. mustangs..

WTF!! ( never lost to any honda's around my area... except a supercharged del sol )
Old 06-30-2002, 08:08 PM

are u positive its an auto....if it, its an LS/RS, and in 5spd the best theyll run is at best a 15.7 with intake and muffler....auto....shave off almost .5 seconds......you are probably in the 15.5-15.6 range with just your cai.....brake torque off the line to get a better jump, and you should have him with no problem....

the accord....is it the lx or ex ? if its the EX, it might be close at best, only because he is 5spd and has the major bolt ons for honduhs....like i said if you dont lag off the line, you should be fine
Old 06-30-2002, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by ZeRo MaX

What is the h/p of a stock 97 GLE maxima.. i heard it was like 190 stocked?

I lost to a reg 94 mustang.. WTF? He was basically stock too.. we only went 1/8th mile.. i had a bad start...

he got a 5 speed...
i got auto..

i heard auto's can still beat reg. mustangs..

WTF!! ( never lost to any honda's around my area... except a supercharged del sol )
Your HP is 190 stock, just like ALL STOCK 4TH GEN. MAXIMAS. Whats a regular mustang? A V6? One with out mods? Its simple why you lost. You had a bad start, he has a 5 speed and if he can drive well, what is the mystery? Anything can happen on the street and a good driver makes a substantial effect on the outcome.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I was told if u have a bad start on the max.. ur done...

yeah a reg v6 stock mustang... he only beat me by a hood on the 1/8 of a mile... i caught up at the end.. if it was 1/4.. he would be toast...

P:S: does new alternator give u any add. hp?
Old 06-30-2002, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by ZeRo MaX
I was told if u have a bad start on the max.. ur done...

yeah a reg v6 stock mustang... he only beat me by a hood on the 1/8 of a mile... i caught up at the end.. if it was 1/4.. he would be toast...

P:S: does new alternator give u any add. hp?
No, I don't think a new alternator has any impact on Horse power. It's purpose is to charge the battery, has more of an impact of electrical things in the car. People normally get bigger alternators when they have a real beefy sound system or something, or have an extra battery for a sound system. It doesn't affect HP if I'm not mistaken.