4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Att: Houston Max's need your help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002 | 03:42 PM

Att: Houston Max's need your help

Sup guys? Well I'm playing with some Carbon Fiber and was wondering if NE one had an extra valve cover they can help me test. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a CF valve cover. I'm not talking about making the valve cover of CF but to cover it. It would probably just be for looks because it really wouldn't be saving any weight if it's Covering the existing cover.

First I'm wondering if it would retain too much heat, don't want to cause problems for cosmetic application.

Second I need someone to drive with it for a while to see how it handles the heat.

Third I would hope you have an extra cover in case it goes crappy.
If it work I'll let you keep the cover and CF for your troubles. If it craps out then well your SOL =) use your other one.

Or do you guys even think its even worth the trouble.
I also want to play with some other parts like the window section between the front and rear door, the gauge cluster console and the colored insert on our mirrors.

If you ahve any ideas post them or if you wanna be a test car let me know @ 713 *** ****
Oh and I would do the test my self but my stupid car still isn't running so I won't be heating up my engine any time soon.
Old 07-03-2002 | 04:11 PM

Re: Att: Houston Max's need your help

Originally posted by Uncle Max
Sup guys? Well I'm playing with some Carbon Fiber and was wondering if NE one had an extra valve cover they can help me test. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a CF valve cover. I'm not talking about making the valve cover of CF but to cover it. It would probably just be for looks because it really wouldn't be saving any weight if it's Covering the existing cover.

First I'm wondering if it would retain too much heat, don't want to cause problems for cosmetic application.

Second I need someone to drive with it for a while to see how it handles the heat.

Third I would hope you have an extra cover in case it goes crappy.
If it work I'll let you keep the cover and CF for your troubles. If it craps out then well your SOL =) use your other one.

Or do you guys even think its even worth the trouble.
I also want to play with some other parts like the window section between the front and rear door, the gauge cluster console and the colored insert on our mirrors.

Do you know how much a new valve cover would cost in the case that it doesn't work? I would like to help but I don't have an extra cover.
If you ahve any ideas post them or if you wanna be a test car let me know @ 713 *** ****
Oh and I would do the test my self but my stupid car still isn't running so I won't be heating up my engine any time soon.