4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Whats a Pop Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 08:46 AM

Whats a Pop Charger?

I heard about something called a "Pop-Charger".Can you guys explain to me what a Pop Charger is..What do they do and stuff and like how much they cost and whether or not they are hard to install..I have a stock 95 GXE AUTO...What would it do for my car??

Brian
Old 07-10-2002, 09:01 AM

Re: Whats a Pop Charger?

Originally posted by Charcoal95GXE
I heard about something called a "Pop-Charger".Can you guys explain to me what a Pop Charger is..What do they do and stuff and like how much they cost and whether or not they are hard to install..I have a stock 95 GXE AUTO...What would it do for my car??

Brian
A pop charger is just a cone intake that replaces the stock airbox. It opens up the airflow some and adds a few HP plus makes a distinctive roar. They cost anywhere from $40-200. For an auto youd be better off buying a CAI that would help add low end power. The pop charger will add more top end power. You can find them at any auto parts store or Stillen.com or JimWolfTechnology.com

And try searching next time, youll find more than you ever wanted to know
Old 07-17-2002, 08:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Whats a Pop Charger?

Originally posted by Krash513

A pop charger is just a cone intake that replaces the stock airbox. It opens up the airflow some and adds a few HP plus makes a distinctive roar. They cost anywhere from $40-200. For an auto youd be better off buying a CAI that would help add low end power. The pop charger will add more top end power. You can find them at any auto parts store or Stillen.com or JimWolfTechnology.com

And try searching next time, youll find more than you ever wanted to know
My 1995 SE has a cone intake in it already... what does that mean? Is that equivalent to a pop-charger? Does it come that way from the factory or did the previous owner swap the airbox out?
Old 07-17-2002, 08:42 AM
!OG SNES OG!

RE: Your Max with the intake

I think you're the lucky guy who's Maxima came with a good previous owner. He/she put an aftermarket intake in there and you are the beneficiary. You might want to clean / oil it just in case, but consider yourself lucky to have saved the $$

Mike
Old 07-17-2002, 03:51 PM

Re: RE: Your Max with the intake

Originally posted by Blaxxxima
I think you're the lucky guy who's Maxima came with a good previous owner. He/she put an aftermarket intake in there and you are the beneficiary. You might want to clean / oil it just in case, but consider yourself lucky to have saved the $$

Mike
He was a 60 year old gvernment worker who only drove the car on leisure weekend trips. I doubt he knew much about aftermarket parts. Did the 95 SE 5-spd come with an airbox from the factory? This car was purchased in Seattle.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:21 PM
syc

Re: Re: RE: Your Max with the intake

Originally posted by speedemn

He was a 60 year old gvernment worker who only drove the car on leisure weekend trips. I doubt he knew much about aftermarket parts. Did the 95 SE 5-spd come with an airbox from the factory? This car was purchased in Seattle.

all max come with airbox no matter what gen(at least 3,4, and 5) or model. He must have bought the car used too (or is he a 60 year old car fanatic?)
Old 07-18-2002, 08:40 AM

Re: Re: Re: RE: Your Max with the intake

Originally posted by syc

all max come with airbox no matter what gen(at least 3,4, and 5) or model. He must have bought the car used too (or is he a 60 year old car fanatic?)
Nope he bought it brand new. He doesn't seem like a car fanatic. But oh well.

So is the pop charger JUST the cone filter that replaced the stock airbox or does it consist of anything else too?
Old 07-18-2002, 09:04 AM

Re: Whats a Pop Charger?

Originally posted by Charcoal95GXE

Brian
Use the search function... It's usually very helpful. Also, look at the FAQ section.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:46 PM
syc

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Your Max with the intake

Originally posted by speedemn

Nope he bought it brand new. He doesn't seem like a car fanatic. But oh well.

So is the pop charger JUST the cone filter that replaced the stock airbox or does it consist of anything else too?
then it must be his son or grandson. anyway, about your question, basically it's a yes and basically don't consist of anything else.