4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 09:24 AM

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs Question

I have a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed on my Max. They were installed by the previous owner, so I don't know much about 'em. I was wondering though, if anyone else that has them has a problem with a lower rear end ride height than the front... Or in other words, my A$$ sits too low to the ground, and the front end looks like it is ready for a flood... Maybe a 2-3" difference...

By the way, I have only a 30lb speaker box in the trunk, but that weight is offset by the fact that I don't carry a spare tire.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:32 AM

Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs Question

Originally posted by maxwillden
I have a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed on my Max. They were installed by the previous owner, so I don't know much about 'em. I was wondering though, if anyone else that has them has a problem with a lower rear end ride height than the front... Or in other words, my A$$ sits too low to the ground, and the front end looks like it is ready for a flood... Maybe a 2-3" difference...

By the way, I have only a 30lb speaker box in the trunk, but that weight is offset by the fact that I don't carry a spare tire.
the rears might have been installed upside down. you can check really quick by looking underneath. the tighter progressive coils should be to the bottom of the shock and the lettering "eibach" should be right side up.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:32 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs Question

I've got the Pro Kit and I'm really happy with them. The drop is just right for me and its very even and level. I haven't had any problems like that. Maybe you need to adjust your rear shocks if you can, or cut your bump stops? Just a thought.

-Jon
Old 07-18-2002, 09:33 AM

I've got eibachs too. The lower end should not be sitting 2-3" lower than the front. That doesnt sound right with ANY springs. Are you sure your rear is really that much lower? If so, then the previous owner might have cut off a coil or 2.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:45 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

2" - 3" drop doesn't sound right...I think I have a 1 3/4 finger gap in the back and 2 finger gap in the front.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:52 AM

The tighter coils goes on TOP. Dont look at the lettering. The tighter coils need to go on top, not bottom.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:54 AM

Re: Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs Question

Originally posted by tmkforever

I've got the Pro Kit and I'm really happy with them. The drop is just right for me and its very even and level. I haven't had any problems like that. Maybe you need to adjust your rear shocks if you can, or cut your bump stops? Just a thought.

-Jon
cutting bump stops shouldn't change the ride height. eibach doesn't recommend you cut the rears anyway.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:02 AM

Re: Re: Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs Question

Originally posted by VQdriver
cutting bump stops shouldn't change the ride height. eibach doesn't recommend you cut the rears anyway.
I don't think it's really 2-3"... It just looks that way most of the time. I'll check everyones recommendations. Thanks
Old 07-18-2002, 10:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs Question

I don't think it's really 2-3"... It just looks that way most of the time. I'll check everyones recommendations. Thanks
when i reinstalled them right side up, the rear end rose a little to match the front. it still sits just a tad lower, but not dramatically lower. i've seen someone with "newer" eibachs. their ride looked slammed. does anyone know FOR SURE if eibach made newer springs which have a more dramatic drop?
Old 07-18-2002, 11:56 AM

I've got eibachs and tokicos.. The front is a little higher than the back. And the whole car feels to high for me. I am thinking about cutting a coil from each spring up front and atleast 1/2 from the back.. I have 18's and the car looks high.. Got these a long time ago and if cutting the springs ****s up my ride then I'll prolly just change the springs and shocks to get something that actually lowers this car..
Old 07-18-2002, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by 98fiveSpeed
I've got eibachs and tokicos.. The front is a little higher than the back. And the whole car feels to high for me. I am thinking about cutting a coil from each spring up front and atleast 1/2 from the back.. I have 18's and the car looks high.. Got these a long time ago and if cutting the springs ****s up my ride then I'll prolly just change the springs and shocks to get something that actually lowers this car..
Same setup, same problem... I wonder why? Hmmm...
Old 07-18-2002, 12:41 PM

hmm.. has anyone tried cutting springs on a eibach+tokico setup? I think this was the very first setup that stillen started selling?
Old 07-18-2002, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by 98fiveSpeed
hmm.. has anyone tried cutting springs on a eibach+tokico setup? I think this was the very first setup that stillen started selling?
I'm interested in knowing this as well... I called Eibach and asked them about this. They told me to check if the guy who installed them originally cut the front bump stops. Is there a way to check this by looking at the setup? He claims that the front bump stops need to be cut in order for the springs to ride correctly, and for the ride height to be level.

???